Hot Toys- Platoon- Chris Taylor spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. There's a couple places i screwed up but I'm happy with him and happy he's done.

Just got mine in the mail yesterday.... my taylor's ODs are alot more BROWN than Olive.... is anyone else having this prob? In fact one of his boots is much more Olive than they other.... Also the helmet hair doesnt accomodate the helmet very well either...

Im a bit disappointed to be honest.

I'm colour blind so I can't help you there. I did read though that the helmet doesn't fit well over the hair and that people aren't using any hair when putting the helmet on. Maybe just some blue tac to help keep it on.

I got this figure for Christmas, last night!

I have to say it is one amazing figure! Definitely one of the best I own. I had so much fun gearing him all up, even though it was slightly frustrating some times.
I think I spent a good 2 hours setting him up, maybe longer. I didn't want to force and break anything so I took my time.

I didn't put the towel around his neck, because I couldn't get it to look right anymore. I also left out the shovel pack, as it didn't seem to hold on the backpack. I might try later though.

One question though... Where does the small blade go? Couldn't really find a good spot for that...

All in all I'm very happy with this new figure!! I'll post some pics early next week!!! :rock :rock :rock

Yeah the 'helmet hair' is useless. The helmet will not fit over it and stay on. You're best just bluetacking the helmet on his head.

The small blade is the bayonet to go on the muzzle of the gun. Its a nice addition but he never actually had it in the film as far as I could tell on my recent viewing. Just clip it to his belt somewhere amonst all those pouches. I think I glimpsed it there once in the film.

First pic, taken this morning!

5289404763_1662f76215_b.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

Mine is really great, however I ran into several quality control issues. One of the brass snaps were missing from the claymore mine bag. Next, a grande pull pin was missing, and the third was that the shovel/ pick carrier snap is broken so that the carrier will not stay closed.
Over all I am very happy with it.

Looks awesome buddy, definately looks like a headache putting all them bits together :lol

Def need more pics :wink1:

This is seriously frikkin hard! ...i don't know how you guys got all the pouches on:(

Edit: I'm getting there now:)

Last edited:
Any one find it hard putting on the shovel onto the back of the rucksack? ..i gan get the handle into the loop at the bottom,but getting it to hook onto the top of the rucksack is really difficult:(

Back