Hot Toys- Platoon- Chris Taylor spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is...bring on Barnes
armyboys.jpg

I wish HTs would pick up the Saving Private Ryan license, it's one of my favorite war films and loved Tom hanks character.

I wish HTs would pick up the Saving Private Ryan license, it's one of my favorite war films and loved Tom hanks character.

I think those DiD figures look a lot better than what HT did with Platoon. That uniform color is way off and his helmet doesn't fit. I have Capt Miller but haven't gotten Winters yet. Also not digging the Manga style of choppy hair for Taylor.

The helmet fits if you take his hair off completely. And the uniform color is fine in person. I don't know why it's coming out so brown in some people's pics.

wow band of brothers and saving private ryan figures? whered u get those? custom? theyre sick!

Well the Major Richards is from DiD and the Saving Private Ryan is a custom head sculpt by Serang.

Has anyone mentioned that the Olive Drab is BROWN on the figure?!

it is a bit brown it's not at all Olive Drab Major Richards uniform and Cpt. Miller pants are true Olive Drab.

I think those DiD figures look a lot better than what HT did with Platoon. That uniform color is way off and his helmet doesn't fit. I have Capt Miller but haven't gotten Winters yet. Also not digging the Manga style of choppy hair for Taylor.

DiD specializes in military figures so they would one up. But the HT Chris Taylor is right up there with my Major Richard, Gilbert Roe, and my Major Konig. Richard's helmet won't fit either that's why he is holding it.

The helmet fits if you take his hair off completely. And the uniform color is fine in person. I don't know why it's coming out so brown in some people's pics.

I tried the remove hair bid but my bandanna knot is to big the helmet won't fit properly.

That's too bad to hear about Winters helmet, at least with Taylor you could take his hair off. Regarding the odd brown color, try white balancing your camera for a more accurate color. Hopefully that will help you, thanks for the shots.

Does it have any holes on his head when you're looking under the helmet from below? (hair off mod)

No holes sir.

That's too bad to hear about Winters helmet, at least with Taylor you could take his hair off. Regarding the odd brown color, try white balancing your camera for a more accurate color. Hopefully that will help you, thanks for the shots.

I will it a try but Taylor's uniform is darker in person also.

If you guys don't mind here's another pic all the Military figures I own in my collection so far.
armyboys2.jpg

holy mother of God, you got a DOC?! Please tell me hes a DiD too! If so links please!

Also are the stands custom jobs?

holy mother of God, you got a DOC?! Please tell me hes a DiD too! If so links please!

Also are the stands custom jobs?

Yeah the Doc is from DiD long sold but I found him on ebay for a $150 and I wanted to get him for a long but the prices where to high on ebay. And yes those are custom stands... well they are decals that you can order from the wonderful Evilface a member of the broads here.:wave>>>> Gilbert Roe DiD

i just got the DID miller and the likeness is pretty damn good...i also bought serangs vers 2 for it but its still pretty damn good

the taylor uniform isnt brown in person

I just picked this guy up as I wait for my T1 T-800... Cant wait to have Barnes to go with him... Anyone else Hot Toys makes...

he looks good but i'm gonna pass on this line too much stuff coming out so i gotta draw the line somewhere. my pockets are thanking me i'll regret it later after the figure is double in value and i have money to play with lol.

Here are some PICS. of my figure which i just finished futzing with.I can't wait to get the rest of the crew!:impatient:For the price and what this figure offers it well worth it.An AWESOME figure!I think anyway!:wink1:

Back