1/6 Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if HT will make this version?

6pjzEEw.gif

What's funny is I wondered how they'd make this new again after their previous Jacks, then I saw this. I feel like this is a way to get all the folks who have Jacks (or multiple Jacks) to buy again because it's something brand spanking new per se. I feel like this guy has a strong possibility to be made.

Young Jack would be cool to see from HT. As long as they do another regular Jack as well though. Never had a chance at the DX at retail price.

If only they do as many or almost as much figures as they did for At World's End. I believe there's going to be one more Pirates movie after this one though, so at least that'll give them another chance to make more.

I'm glad with the license and the high chances of getting multiple figures but it's a shame Barbossa won't be wearing his PotC 1-3 outfit. :/

I say we get Jack, Young Jack, and Salazar. Barbossa....definite maybe.

My guess is Jack Sparrow.

Anyone else is a bonus.

They didn't do Blackbeard from the last movie, or Barbossa from the first 3... so the odds are actually against villain Salazar. If this movie has the same lackluster response as Pirates 4, then Jack will be all there is.

My guess is Jack Sparrow.

Anyone else is a bonus.

They didn't do Blackbeard from the last movie, or Barbossa from the first 3... so the odds are actually against villain Salazar. If this movie has the same lackluster response as Pirates 4, then Jack will be all there is.

The last one made a billion and we got that tranny looking ****, Angelica :lol

They will make at least two figures, Jack and probably the villain, because he's got an interesting design, like Davy Jones, which makes for a good figure.

Still wish they would make figures from the first film.

If they can do Sao Feng from AWE, a secondary villain, then Salazar should be on the table for them. Unless they just don't want to. I very likely won't get him though, but I can see a possibility he gets a figure.

Feng was played by Chow Yun Fat, which is why he got a figure despite having all of 30 minutes of screen time in a 3 hour movie. Same reason they made Baze and Chirrut from star wars, these guys are popular movie stars in Asia. It shouldn't be surprising that an asian company would prefer to make asian celebrities.

They haven't made Barbossa because "old white dude" doesn't make for an interesting figure; especially in their home turf. They might do him this time 'round but my money's on salazar and jack. The former at least has an interesting look, like davey jones.

Feng was Asian.

That's true, which also goes along with my second sentence that they just may not WANT to do Salazar. Or even Barbossa. Still find it hard to believe we haven't gotten him yet. At least they have a chance here, or possibly the next movie.

I really would like a Barbossa from Pirates 1 or 3. Not sure how likely it is they'll go back to them.

It is hard to believe after 4 movies still no Barbossa. But that's HT.

I remember we all thought Jack and Blackbeard had a good chance at getting made by HT before Pirates 4 opened and look how that panned out.

Salazar is more visually interesting but much of that effect is the... effects; that floating underwater look... which will likely look odd as a static figure. His hair floating around. That could be one excuse why he doesn't get made.

I'm in agreement with Wor-Gar.

Unfortunately, all I'm expecting is Jack Sparrow and perhaps a "young" version, although that would mean coming up with a new dedicated "teen" sized body.

I wonder if the new Jack will have movable eyes like the DX?

I'd like to see some improvements.

1. Smaller hands

2. Sparrow tattoo and "P" branding scar

3. Real beads on a string like the Elder Predator. No solid plastic beads

4. Better color and texture transition from neck and chest to the face

5. Costume needs to look dirty. DX is too clean

6. Cloth Bandanna...although not necessary

I wonder if the new Jack will have movable eyes like the DX?

I'd like to see some improvements.

1. Smaller hands

2. Sparrow tattoo and "P" branding scar

3. Real beads on a string like the Elder Predator. No solid plastic beads

4. Better color and texture transition from neck and chest to the face

5. Costume needs to look dirty. DX is too clean

6. Cloth Bandanna...although not necessary

That list of improvements gives me hope for a even better Jack figure! Really looking forward to seeing what they have.

Back