1/6 Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a screenshot of Barbossa from the new trailer that dropped with the Super Bowl. It's not his traditional outfit but I'm actually really liking it so far. Similar to his OST look, but better in my opinion. Hope it gets a figure.

f7bc21042d32e7a5c0811787c0d98412.jpg

I really don't like his outfit. I would love a Hot Toys Barbossa from the first film but that isn't likely.

Based on obscured photos released previously of his hat, I didn't think I'd like the outfit. Looked much like the one he had in On Stranger Tides. But now that we see him in full, I think it looks pretty good here. More "piratey" than the similar outfit he had then, with the new inner robe and scabbard, as well as the updated hat.

I'm not sure why they'd go back to that look though, after they last showed him changing back to his old outfit.

This just might be one scene and not indicative of his look throughout the entirety of the movie.

I just hope Hot Toys doesn't release Mud Soaked Jack Sparrow...

Figures from the first two would be nice. If they could just digitally insert Tony Stark onto the Flying Dutchman, they'd be already in production.

I'm down for any pirate figures. My DX Jack is my pride and joy and he'd love some piratey company on the shelf. I think everyone's preference would be Barbossa from the first film, but at the end of the day I just want more pirates!

In the new PotC film there will be Kaya Scodelario and I loved her in Skins (as Effy) and Wuthering Heigths movie. I cross my fingers for a pretty figure of a girl character finally. :) (Well I don´t think I´ll be lucky with this but would buy for sure.)

I would have liked Will, Elizabeth and Barbossa from the first movie, which is still the best. In this movie Will's covered in barnacles or something. I figure the Jack will be an upgrade, although the last one will be tough to beat. The trailer was pretty good.

Hopefully they make his head the right size this time.
The DX is too small ...the amount of dreadlocks disguises it a little but once you see it! :D

I haven't read through everything in this thread yet.

As for the Hot Toys POTC5 license, I'd bet money that it will probably be just Jack. Based on what we've seen of Salazar so far, he'd probably be a very difficult figure to make even for HT. Then again, the HT Davy Jones was pretty amazing so... Who knows.:cuckoo:

I haven't read through everything in this thread yet.

As for the Hot Toys POTC5 license, I'd bet money that it will probably be just Jack. Based on what we've seen of Salazar so far, he'd probably be a very difficult figure to make even for HT. Then again, the HT Davy Jones was pretty amazing so... Who knows.:cuckoo:

I'll like a Turner.

As long as we get Jack and Barbossa I'll be happy. I missed out on the DX as I wasn't collecting Hot Toys at the time, so I'm glad to have another chance at him. But if they don't do Barbossa as well I'll be really disappointed.

The only 1/6 POTC figure I have right now is the NECA Davy Jones. He's lonely and needs some fellow bloomin' cockroaches with him.

I'm more than excited at the opportunity to get a Jack - the DX was before my HT time and he's always been a piece I've tried to keep an eye out for.

I thought HT had given up on Depp after their Ichabod Crane fig. Thankfully I can pose the fig with his goggles, to hide the sculpt. Tonto was another shelf warmer, however that serves HT right for not releasing the Lone Ranger fig they previewed.

Wonder if Sparrow this time WILL be a DX? They might abandon the whole Pers thing...

Back