1/6 Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a bit of a grail for me. Between this and the new spiderman I know where all my rp are going.

Although I own the DX-version. (It was my first Hot Toys figure btw.) This one will also be on the pre-order list.
The full reveal will probably happen next month at the earliest. The Yoda, Han Solo & the recently teased Spider-Man also had/have a large gap between the teaser image and the full reveal.

What makes me laugh is you know this is gonna be around $240 + shipping and for those uk guys import tax.

You might aswell just pay that little bit more and buy the dx06 and get vaule for money :rotfl
I'm curious to see how this looks with the DX line dead I can't see this beating the DX06 although I'm certainly curious.:monkey3

17359239_10154308092807344_3025373035529108544_o.jpg

The hair and hands are from the DX. He has tattoos and new rings in the film.

Shame the beads are still sculpted plastic. :(

Only the paper and belt are new in that picture.

I'm guessing a new face plate.

Considering how well received the DX06 was/is, I could see HT not bothering to improve it; like how they were going to make QS001 just an upscaled DX12 since everyone was gushing over that figure (before people started complaining their 1/4th Bale looked bad).

I'm just glad there's no "DX" logo on that pic, so maybe we'll get a new sculpt? :yess:

Yeah, it was gonna be Punisher and while I still may PO him Jack I knew I wanted instantly, I missed out on the DX! Never again! :lol

Again, same. The DX is so over-priced now I don't even consider it. As long as this sculpt works (and probably even if it doesn't) I'm all over this day one. There are photos I've seen of the DX that show the sculpt not 100% so I think there's room for improvement, even if not much. Really glad I'm at the station for this train.

Oh I forgot, the bandanna and the beads on it have to be different.

Other than that, the "teaser" is really using the DX06 instead of new parts.

He does have an extra small sword too in that picture.

Sadly, I had to sell my custom DX06 years ago, and can't afford after market prices so I'm resting a lot of hope on this, hopefully the head(s) are as good and no over the top expressions or I may try to track down the DX06 heads instead. Also hope that the hat is better this time around, sculpted plastic and not that crap faux leather used on DX06. The best hat with DX06 is the Medicom Jack hat from the Dead Man's chest figure. I'd be shocked to see them reuse heads from DX06 but would love it just the same, perfect expressions for Jack. At least this time the bandana will have the charms on the right like POTC 1-3.

Fingers crossed for better paint apps and likeness than the DX06.

agreed. as great as the DX is, there was really a lack of paint apps on the figure. it was mostly flesh tone plastic with maybe a slight thin spray of paint. I though the stern expression was pretty spot on but the smirk was done better by EB. I still wish Depp allowed for teeth sculpts. would've loved the original DX smiling sculpt. We probably have McFarlane to blame for that. Their smiling Depp sculpts were atrocious

just picked up the DX06 like 2 months or so ago brand new special edition for 320.00 shipped looks like i might have to get this one as well :dunno hope they give us smiling gold teeth Jack that was originally planned for DX06 also that he has his tattoos

Also hope that the hat is better this time around, sculpted plastic and not that crap faux leather used on DX06. The best hat with DX06 is the Medicom Jack hat from the Dead Man's chest figure.

Are you serious? The faux hat was kickass and insane level of skill adding a realism that plastic couldn't!
I was mega gutted when we never got that smiling tooth jack I always loved that sculpt.:dunno

I also was an owner of the DX06 and it was one of my favorites but as time went on I saw a lot of imperfections and how it could of been better. Here's hoping this one will be grade A and be fantastic.

Are you serious? The faux hat was kickass and insane level of skill adding a realism that plastic couldn't!
I was mega gutted when we never got that smiling tooth jack I always loved that sculpt.:dunno

Very serious, it was too big and had the wrong shape, the only thing it had going for it was use of materials.

8177978055_aa42baa781_o.jpg

8178007690_53c2f9aa45_o.jpg

11757388203_19bd048d3d_o.jpg

Last edited:
Funny, I've never been a Pirates fan but I'm considering picking this up for souvenir value (the movie was shot in my home state).

That's awesome! Did you get to see them filming?
I had a similar experience, but with Batman v Superman. I live fairly close to where they were filming in Detroit so I got to see Affleck from about 50 feet away. I'll try to find the picture I took.

They were filming the opening scene with the world engine, and Ben crashed the special Jeep Renegade. :lol

Back