Hot Toys Moon Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moonshine? :lol
:lol :lol :lol

ekQpV59.gif

HT’s over reliance on the rubber suits is especially egregious here. Hopefully this is just an early look and the full preorder figure at the end of the season is fully cloth. [...]

I think overall it looks pretty dang good; however I do see the criticisms of the suit. I can see why they're going to the synthetic suit as they do with other super-suits. As aforementioned, of course to my eye it should be more matted in comparison to the images of the show. In my mind, perhaps for the upper body it should have been a cloth under suit with the strips of cloth stitched to it (plus it'd help with posing) and have key pieces in moulded plastic (the chest plate, bracers, etc.) mimicking the cloth portions.

Last edited:
The bottom of that hood looks pretty awful to me. He doesn't wear an old Zartan style hood in the show. Disappointingly toy-like effort there.

He's a self professed geek. I hope he insisted on a sculpt 🤣

He said on the Triple Frontier press tour his dream role was Solid Snake, then got offered the role.

Isn't Oscar Isaac a HT collector too? Would be pretty ****** if they didn't give him a sculpt of himself, can't see him not approving it.

View attachment 569910
200.gif

Dammit, now I'm gonna have to get both MKs to support our guy in the metaphysical spiritual psychosphere.

He's a self professed geek. I hope he insisted on a sculpt 🤣

He said on the Triple Frontier press tour his dream role was Solid Snake, then got offered the role.
I really hope that thing gets off the ground at some point. It could still make for some solid action/espionage movies even if most meta narratives are stripped due to not working in film format. MGS1 as a mix of MGS1 & MG/MG2, then MGS2, a prequel with BiBo's adventures and then MGS4 renamed as MGS3 to close it off would work as a film "trilogy".

The only way I could see Metal Gear working is a long form tv series like HBO and The Last of Us.

10 episode season dedicated to each game.

Ep 1 briefing, ep 2 landing at Shadow Moses, ending at 10 the fight with Liquid on top of Rex.

The only way I could see Metal Gear working is a long form tv series like HBO and The Last of Us.

10 episode season dedicated to each game.

Ep 1 briefing, ep 2 landing at Shadow Moses, ending at 10 the fight with Liquid on top of Rex.
I don't know, I feel that's too much. When you're doing an adaptation you don't need everything in. 6 episodes with some flashbacks to MG1/2 could work for MGS1. MGS2 would need more episodes though, I agree there. MGS3+PW could serve as a "bridge" season. Then cap it off with the MGS4 plot. The problem is how to handle the massive info dumps and exposition in film format, let alone all the meta that can't be carried over. So at that point I can see why they'd try to strip it down to the absolute essentials and make some 2.5 hr movies as basic stories without all the "baggage".

$300 does not seem right for a mostly molded plastic figure. Where exactly is the effort I'm paying for?
the glossy shine ruins the entire look. His suit should be completely matte.
That's what it is, the shine. I couldn't put my finger on it.
The more I study those pics, the more I agree that the molded parts need replacing with either cloth or a better cloth facsimile. Or IDK, maybe a duller, matte finish will do the trick. While I think their material choices were probably driven by cost (i.e., less labor intensive so as to keep the price in a tolerable range), this is one figure where most collectors would probably gladly pay $50 extra for their efforts.

The full reveal is going to be interesting. With the InArt figures getting so much love, I have a feeling HT will now be paying close attention to feedback on this and other planned releases in the coming months.

Back