Hot Toys Moon Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a character that's made out of 99% cloth material and what does Hot Toys use?

The same old thick rubber material. :lol
I think it's wise to reserve judgement until we see the full reveal and the prototype is shown at Secret Base, but at best it does appear to be a combination of fabric & other materials.

I’m loving what I’m seeing. It’s precisely the combo of materials I expected as well. His hood had so many patterns and textures I knew it would be sculpted.

This is the best look I’ve seen of the costume and I’m loving the details like the symbols on the cape and the textures on his undersuit.

I wonder if his eyes actually light up or if this is just a promo effect.

Either way, far from disappointed.

Not the hood.

It's like a plastic figure with a cloth cape and belt sash. They do that in 3 inch figurines.
The undersuit looks like the material they use for Spider-Man. Hood, chest piece, guantlets, etc. are hard plastic. So, I think this is in line with other figures Hot Toys have done. Looks really solid to me (no pun intended).

The undersuit looks like the material they use for Spider-Man. Hood, chest piece, guantlets, etc. are hard plastic. So, I think this is in line with other figures Hot Toys have done. Looks really solid to me.
Understood, but his suit isn't a spandex one-piece. It looks like mummy-wrap. The ideal way to do this is stripes of material glued or fastened in place. At least on the chest (as I understand the process to make that would be expensive).

The overdesigned nature of the suit really screwed up what could have been a killer figure

I’m loving what I’m seeing. It’s precisely the combo of materials I expected as well. His hood had so many patterns and textures I knew it would be sculpted.

This is the best look I’ve seen of the costume and I’m loving the details like the symbols on the cape and the textures on his undersuit.

I wonder if his eyes actually light up or if this is just a promo effect.

Either way, far from disappointed.
Agreed, I'm really excited for it and think it looks great. It's going to be a long wait, sure. Tell me something I don't already know.

Well of course, but that's neither here nor there.

Cloth hood could have been wired for shape.
I imagine that HT probably experimented with that before settling on the vinyl/plastic version. A fabric hood would still have to be quite thick to hold that shape. Not saying it couldn't be done, but if done well a vinyl version could work out fine. I am hoping the rest of the outfit is primarily fabric. HT has demonstrated with their Dr. Strange figures that they can do elaborate fabric costumes quite well, so it would be disappointing if they cut a lot of corners here.

It’s also gonna look dead without the eyes lit up, because I bet the eyes are black/dark lol, can’t wait to have Moon Knights corpse standing in the display.

I’ll stop complaining now, but I was looking forward to this and these pics are not doing it for me. Almost another Peacemaker.

Back