Hot Toys Moon Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6b8qf3.jpg

6b8r0r.jpg

hot-toys-star-wars-mandalorian-tusken-raider-16th-scale-4.jpg

So how'd Sideshow scrape together their 1/6 Mummy almost 2 decades ago? To this ---
Hot Toys: Yeah no, we're going with full molded rubber, with just a cloth cape and belt.

Was there no better middle ground?

Last edited:
6b8qf3.jpg

6b8r0r.jpg

So how'd Sideshow scrape together their 1/6 Mummy almost 2 decades ago?
Hot Toys: Yeah no, we're going with full molded rubber, with just a cloth cape and belt.

Was there no better middle ground?
Simply the Moon Knight outfit is far more complex. His “bandages” aren’t just wraps but patterned a certain way, interwoven with design and intent, and not just swaddled, while also working with other textures, undersuit materials and patterns, and upper-armor designs.

I’m certainly not saying it couldn’t be better, but I can almost guarantee they tried a varied of approaches to see what would work best and ultimately made the best choice they could to honor the design, allow for mobility, and keep costs reasonable.

I wish they focus on more anticipated figures such as Morbius while there were new gamers making shows at their social medias and trying to lower their business

So disappointed its sculpted :ohbfrank: This would've been a stunning figure if it was all fabric. Sure it would be more challenging to produce and more expensive but it could have been a really premium look display piece. This was one costume where you don't cut corners, you want them to go all out. Actually make a high-end product HT. Live up to your reputation! :cuss

The materials on the hood and chest looks like the stuff they use on Neca figures (which I love and have a ton of, but they're $30 figures). I don't care what materials they use to make this, but it's gotta look better.
41mJdZ0r0NL._AC_.jpg

The materials on the hood and chest looks like the stuff they use on Neca figures (which I love and have a ton of, but they're $30 figures). I don't care what materials they use to make this, but it's gotta look better.View attachment 570084
It will look better when it comes out. Or it won’t. That is HT mission statement.

They did that fake random ******** comic panel. They already have an Oscar Isaac headsculpt lying around. For ****'s sakes Hot Toys, don't go two steps forward and another step back again.

1730HKD / 220 USD from Secret Base. Expecting at least 270 from SS for a whole bunch of nothing.

44819478-6B56-4832-9D70-2FDC47E25088.jpeg

Last edited:
"Look at all those tiny moons. They'll be happy with that!"

"Sir, I think they'll want more than just tiny little moons as accessories"

"Fine...PUT A BIG ONE ON THE BASE!"

Anyway, I prefer this Special Edition repaint...
ThunderCats-Ultimates-Mumm-Ra.jpg

That plastic chest piece just glued on there looks so jarring, and all the miscellaneous shiny swaths of textured vinyl. Still haven't seen what that will look like with the eyes off either

Last edited:
I was expecting them to skip the HS and throw it with a Mr. Knight, in order to make us cave in and buy both. It looks kinda cool, but the lack of soft materials in key places hurts it a lot. I'll certainly wait until they show their Mr. Knight and go from there.

They did that fake random ******** comic panel. They already have an Oscar Isaac headsculpt lying around. For ****'s sakes Hot Toys, don't go two steps forward and another step back again.
Seriously, it’s annoying that they had a sculpt available and didn’t bother using it. I’m sure Disney wouldn’t have minded them using the Poe sculpt for Marc, but I guess they’re counting on people just buying it regardless.

Back