Hot Toys Moon Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmhmmm. I'm interested but I have about a 2 year wait probably lol. That's alright, if I still want it'll be there.

It’s also gonna look dead without the eyes lit up, because I bet the eyes are black/dark lol, can’t wait to have Moon Knights corpse standing in the display.

I’ll stop complaining now, but I was looking forward to this and these pics are not doing it for me. Almost another Peacemaker.
Not even the same ballpark. That figure was a fail on all fronts, from body to face to accessories. And it was a SIMPLE character to design.

Though I’m not sure if an optional tongue would sway opinions in this particular figure.

I would like to see more. Maybe alternate heads or accessories. Even if the eyes light up, I already can make white lens caps with ease and cover it to look more comic-accurate.

It’s also gonna look dead without the eyes lit up, because I bet the eyes are black/dark lol, can’t wait to have Moon Knights corpse standing in the display.

I’ll stop complaining now, but I was looking forward to this and these pics are not doing it for me. Almost another Peacemaker.
I hope they go with white translucent plastic for the eyes. Seems an obvious choice given his appearance.

Never thought I ever own an mcu figure, but here we are. I have yet to watch the show, but holy hell this looks awesome.

I really hope you are wrong, and that the eyes are white when not lit up. I've been against wacky light up gimmicks in Hot Toys figures going back, at least, to their Ghost Rider. Almost no one is going to leave it lit up constantly.

Not even the same ballpark. That figure was a fail on all fronts, from body to face to accessories. And it was a SIMPLE character to design.

Though I’m not sure if an optional tongue would sway opinions in this particular figure.

I would like to see more. Maybe alternate heads or accessories. Even if the eyes light up, I already can make white lens caps with ease and cover it to look more comic-accurate.
Maybe it’s just a bad pose and lighting but the figure looks absolutely garbage in this shot. It looks like a toy and not a small man in a suit like a lot of their recent releases.

1DC8507B-3C98-432F-AEFC-4C99507FAB06.jpeg

Almost looks like a 1/12 mezco that’s been well customized.

not a strong effort from HT, which is becoming very common of late.

OH BOY OH B-

Wc2ggGg.gif

THYZ.gif

It looks kinda decent, I guess, but it should've been so much better. The chest armour's bandages and the hood should've been fabric, period. I get the head, but these are unacceptable. I am disappointed with all the plastic, I have to be honest. I buy these figures to have the best and most realistic possible representation of the characters, not to just have a big expensive figure. My plan for Moon Knight was to pose him in a small Supernatural display, with Ghost Rider, Punisher and the such when they're made. So I was debating on whether I'd need both the Moon Knight and Mr. Knight looks. Seeing these pictures, I'm going to at the very least wait for Mr. Knight. Maybe they'll do a V2 of MK with real fabric when he appears in some Midnight Sons film/show. But who knows if that'll even happen...

All in all, this is a let down compared to what I was expecting. Why they're cutting corners and taking their sweet time, I don't know.

:lol
Laugh it up, but MK's design has been available to the public for the better part of a year, so HT has probably had it for even longer. Anyone involved in the design & manufacture of a product like this is going to investigate the pros & cons of alternate methods.

Maybe it’s just a bad pose and lighting but the figure looks absolutely garbage in this shot. It looks like a toy and not a small man in a suit like a lot of their recent releases.

View attachment 569814
I can actually pinpoint a few reason why and, yeah, some of it is the pose and lighting.

The strong highlights pop harder on plastic and vinyl than on cloth, so elements like the hood and chest seem more reflective than a real cloth outfit. Also, due to the scale, the sculpted cloth textures are a tad over-exaggerated to stand out more than actual fabric could display at that size.

Both of these issues should be mitigated and minor at best in natural light and at normal viewing distance.

The other “tell” that triggers the uncanny effect is the elbow bend, because real cloth doesn’t bunch up like that, and the joint looks toy-like even though it’s an illusion and not actually a hinge. Same with the shoulder joints.

To me, these are very minor issues. I deal with them with my current figures, even ones I adore.

At first I thought maybe the inside of the hood was off, but, nope, it’s like that in the main design. Same with the more “padded” details. They’re accurate and on-point.

It’s not perfect, but I’ll absolutely take it and already have display options in mind.

Haven't seen the show yet.

Still not a fan of this suit design. Glad I'm working on my own custom version. Will await to see if MK gets a suit redesign in the future in whatever movie/show.

Haven't seen the show yet.

Still not a fan of this suit design. Glad I'm working on my own custom version. Will await to see if MK gets a suit redesign in the future in whatever movie/show.
We know Marvel is doing a Werewolf by Midnight project. He and Moon Knight have plenty of comic history, and I certainly need more 1/6 werewolf options.

Looks alright from the photos, think Marvel might of released this too early as HT hasn't made a peep about it yet.

HT’s over reliance on the rubber suits is especially egregious here. Hopefully this is just an early look and the full preorder figure at the end of the season is fully cloth. I’d love for QS to comment and say they’d have done full cloth just to see if it sparks HT into being determined to do cloth instead :lol

I can actually pinpoint a few reason why and, yeah, some of it is the pose and lighting.

The strong highlights pop harder on plastic and vinyl than on cloth, so elements like the hood and chest seem more reflective than a real cloth outfit. Also, due to the scale, the sculpted cloth textures are a tad over-exaggerated to stand out more than actual fabric could display at that size.

Both of these issues should be mitigated and minor at best in natural light and at normal viewing distance.

The other “tell” that triggers the uncanny effect is the elbow bend, because real cloth doesn’t bunch up like that, and the joint looks toy-like even though it’s an illusion and not actually a hinge. Same with the shoulder joints.

To me, these are very minor issues. I deal with them with my current figures, even ones I adore.

At first I thought maybe the inside of the hood was off, but, nope, it’s like that in the main design. Same with the more “padded” details. They’re accurate and on-point.

It’s not perfect, but I’ll absolutely take it and already have display options in mind.
I think you’re absolutely right on all of the reasons that particular photo makes it look like a cheap toy, most notably for me the way the light pops against the plastic hood which cloth would not do.

Looks miles better in this photo:

DFDBB788-AA31-4611-96EF-9385340F987E.jpeg

Back