Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

I just imagined Starord showing the rest of the guardians his neon IM and his room lighting up like a Jackson Pollock painting

I just imagined Starord showing the rest of the guardians his neon IM and his room lighting up like a Jackson Pollock painting

9e9485d28cf5624497d346d9fee8cfe8.jpg

I'm curious if we'll be seeing any other concept art Avengers from HT. Would be cool to have variants of some other Avengers as well.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm curious if we'll be seeing any other concept art Avengers from HT. Would be cool to have variants of some other Avengers as well.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was looking through the "art of" books the other day wondering what designs they would use... I'd get so many of them because a good portion of them are better than what they settled on for the movies.

Lol I can't even tell the difference between this and the regular version

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lol I can't even tell the difference between this and the regular version

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

All the grey highlights are gone. About a 1/3 of the red is now gold. Said gold is now more metallic

6EE6BD83-50B3-4D81-85A0-408DB2A8F15B.jpegF3B82B5B-B382-4059-9E3D-9E1AF697E6DE.jpeg

Looks good. That gold is stellar.

I’ll most likely pick this up. I love the mk46 and missed it the original when it came out. I prefer the original over this one but this is still too cool to not PO. That gold!!!!! Shiny

Maybe it’s just the color scheme but he seems beefier than the 46.

I’ll most likely pick this up. I love the mk46 and missed it the original when it came out. I prefer the original over this one but this is still too cool to not PO. That gold!!!!! Shiny

I missed the 46 too but I'm the opposite. I thought the 46 had too much red but this looks great to me with the added gold to break things up and the removal of the random silver

i guess it's base on this
View attachment 418284

So instead of actually making the figure exactly like the concept art, they just recolor the mk 46. That's just lazy. The Cap version is at least faithful to the concept art as far as I can tell and not just a recolor of a previous release.

Don't need it but i'm sure i will order it becuase it's IM

So instead of actually making the figure exactly like the concept art, they just recolor the mk 46. That's just lazy. The Cap version is at least faithful to the concept art as far as I can tell and not just a recolor of a previous release.

Well, if they were faithful to the concept art then that would require a brand-new mold, which HT surely wouldn't bother spending additional time and money on for a concept version. I don't fault them for taking the most logical/lazy business decision...a repaint! Because it works...look how many people are all ooh'd and ahh'd by a simple, but different shiny coat of paint. :lol

They will marginally raise the price for this version (even though it's the same exact 46/47 figure) and you people will salivate at the chance of ordering it.

That Lisa/Malibu Stacy meme has never been more relevant!

giphy.gif

Back