Hot Toys MMS48 - Predator 2 - Predator Elder pics and spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New HT Predator 2 Elder pics and spec

Still the best of all the Hot Toys Predators for my money.

He is awesome but there is a few things i could nit pick.

The stand. The clasp/gripper cant grip his waist! In order to get it wide enough the metal is too wide to put down the plastic back stand piece. And if you grip it onto one of his legs he has to stand at an angle and the display looks odd. Fortunately i swapped grips with Royce so now Elder is "cupped" and i have Royce grasped by the leg.

3 Minor nitpicks are it would be nice to have a stand alone trophy... or the laser sight on his caster. And also id like (i know its not needed at all) a bio mask. Even if it did not fit elders face and it was a repaint or BD P2 mask. It is just kind of odd owning a Predator with no mask.

Mr black juz got owned by elder...

1b6899b2-56b5-6caa.jpg

1b6899b2-56e9-f7ed.jpg

The old bodies look so clunky now compared to the new ones.

While I agree to some extent with this comment, Elder still looks the best to me. I think what gets me about Elder is he has armor like the P1( more weathered and beat up...even better), his accessories are awesome, and his dreads and face are ungodly good compared to all the other preds to date IMO. If Elder had an updated body like the new preds...he would be perfect.

Love that shot of elder holding berserker's head. Very cool. Elder is without a doubt the nest looking pred i own. Shame about the few missing details, such as quills, laser sight, holder for his sword plus a few more. But even so, its still my favourite looking. Plus all those little things can be fixed and customized anyway.

The old bodies look so clunky now compared to the new ones.
definitely. the paint apps don't hold up next to the new ones either. and "for your money" these days, you could get 3 or 4 of the new-and-improved preds. i still say the P1 is the best pred you can get at the moment. once the intangible novelty of rareness/demand wears off, the Elder isn't much better than any other HT pred. it was pretty great for when it came out though, and i still enjoy having mine.

That throne is coming along nicely Zuckuss.

All right guys... I finally scored an elder at a decent price!! Thanks to uscmhicks for making this a reality in my collection and for keeping it mint all this time!! Here's a couple of pics:

2011-03-17_19-34-23_857.jpg

And here with the rest of the family:
2011-03-17_19-38-18_746.jpg

What is a decent price, unless you want to keep it under raps.I was just wandering.

Back