Hot Toys MMS48 - Predator 2 - Predator Elder pics and spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New HT Predator 2 Elder pics and spec

just how much better will the elder look with the quills attached? I still have my elder in the box and contemplating putting quills on him.

just how much better will the elder look with the quills attached? I still have my elder in the box and contemplating putting quills on him.
makes a huge difference to me. he's just not the same without them. honestly, i don't know why the figure didn't come with them in the first place.

Its good to be back :joy

P1050898.jpg

Hi got my elder today :yess: one problem is I can't get f__k head on Won't go in neck joint rubber too tight! Any tip? Once head on and I will post pics

Don't worry I done it :)

Blow dryer. My best friend when it comes to Hot Toys.

I got mine and it is the best hot toy predator i own personaly.I do wish the paint was duskier but im not one to complain about something i cant make.Im suprised this thread is not 500 pages long.

exactly - this is one of the threads I don't want to get to interested in for that very reason (that probably, I'll never own a P2 Elder)

exactly - this is one of the threads I don't want to get to interested in for that very reason (that probably, I'll never own a P2 Elder)

The figure is expensive due to the globial sales not sideshow freaks.If i were in your shoes get credit the figure will keep going up in price,i see this now that he is sitting in front of me.But in my case i only collect aliens and predators so that may not apply to other people.

not trying to sell my elder in any way, but just wondering if putting quills on him might depreciate his market value just in case of emergencies or something. Anyone have an idea?

not trying to sell my elder in any way, but just wondering if putting quills on him might depreciate his market value just in case of emergencies or something. Anyone have an idea?

Well that depends on whether you wanna' earn a lot or earn a lot, lot.:lecture

Ive watched ebay and the customs dont sell for the price there asking.And the regular unchanged is always a sure sell for the market price.I wouldnt, but thats me.Besides hes so cool looking right out of the box.

the more important question is - what kind of emergency could be avoided by a few hundred bucks that you didn't already have? you could have bigger endemic financial problems that flipping a toy won't fix.

anyway, it depends on how the quills are put in, which depends on who does it. if you have a professional customizer do it, it won't hurt the value at all. if you try to do it yourself, that could destroy the figure, and therefore, the value.

Does anyone have a tutorial on putting the quills in?

Does anyone have a tutorial on putting the quills in?

I've put em on the avp elder before. Just use a safety pin ( better handling compared to needles) and use a lighter to heat up the tip. And carefully inject it to the raised areas that's meant for the quills. Don't inject them too deep or it'll be too huge of a hole. You gotta use a bit of feeling on this one :lol

And have superglue on a piece of flat paper, and dip the back side of the quill and put it inside the hole. Quite easy to do, but very time consuming. It took me like 2 hours to do the hole head. Always take a break, every now and then. As you might loose your coolness after doing this for sometime and inject the needle too deep.

Good luck bud :rock

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try mine this weekend. :)

Any suggestions on a good quill replacement if I don't have the HT ones or run out of them?

Back