Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would still like to see a Trinity figure.

s-l500.jpg

https://giantoy.com/products/pre-or...ler-action-figure?_pos=2&_sid=1c5261bf0&_ss=r

Wishing Hot Toys wasn't going to sit on the property and would produce a Morpheus from Reloaded.

The Giantoy is great, I'd just like to maintain consistency when it comes to my collecting - especially considering the Neo they released.

Wishing Hot Toys wasn't going to sit on the property and would produce a Morpheus from Reloaded.

The Giantoy is great, I'd just like to maintain consistency when it comes to my collecting - especially considering the Neo they released.

I concur, but after waiting two decades for a Hot Toys Neo I'm just glad it happened. I'd pretty much given up on ever getting one.

Black pin is included. Just need a headcount of who is in.

I'm in for one.

Especially now that I finally received my Morpheus today after a long holdup in HK. Gotta say this is a surprisingly nice looking figure and feels much more high-quality than I was expecting. The detail on the coat was looking a bit soft in some reviews, but in hand is a lot sharper. And while the head paint is a bit basic, the likeness is really good and probably just needs a bit of extra shading to look better. And the same goes for the hands too, although thankfully those are really good HT recasts and not the horrible third party hands I've gotten before.

The thick padding running all the way down the legs is a bit odd, so I'll need to remove that. And there's just no getting around how awful the glasses look. I don't think any kind of chrome repaint is going to improve those unfortunately. In fact it would probably just draw even more attention to how bad they are. Lol

Edit: Ok maybe it's not that high-quality. I just noticed that mine also has one ankle peg that's a lot longer than the other. :slap

Made a few quick mods. I removed the padding on the legs, and then switched the figure to an old Cap body I had since the stock one was a bit too stiff and restrictive for my taste. With this one I can actually tilt the head down now.

I also gave him some slightly better and shinier shoes, at least until I find something better and more accurate. And finally sprayed down the pants to get them to drape a bit better.

20200210_224706 (2).jpg

20200210_224243 (2).jpg

20200210_224122 (2).jpg

20200210_224346 (2).jpg

Honestly I'm not sure a body swap is that necessary. I just happened to have this other one I wasn't doing anything with, and wanted the smoother joints for posing. Other than the larger chest the proportions and shoulder width are the same as on the stock body. It does have those upper leg pieces permanently attached, but you could just attach your own instead.

Underneath I removed the padding for the legs, and then added padding to the torso to give him more of that barrel chest.

I still need to paint the forearms to match, and the head is looking a bit wide to me so I might try heating up and narrowing it a little. Since right now this is looking more like the modern day Fishburne than the leaner guy from the Matrix movies. :D

Wait, they?ve had the license THAT long?

No the movie came out 20 years ago.

What duke said!

The Medicom versions tided us over in '03 but it didn't take long for me to start wishing for HT quality. I've lost count of the number of customs and kitbashes we've had along the way.

There were rumours of likeness rights that stopped Matrix figures being made. I'm assuming that HT getting the rights for John Wick may have also opened the way for Neo.

These two were unveiled just before the HT announcement:

s-l1600B-2.jpg

8.jpg

What duke said!

The Medicom versions tided us over in '03 but it didn't take long for me to start wishing for HT quality. I've lost count of the number of customs and kitbashes we've had along the way.

There were rumours of likeness rights that stopped Matrix figures being made. I'm assuming that HT getting the rights for John Wick may have also opened the way for Neo.

These two were unveiled just before the HT announcement:

s-l1600B-2.jpg

8.jpg
Man i wish that 2nd Neo was released. The headsculpt was on point!!!!

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Morpheus arrived... Its a really good figure. I did some mods though.

Cut the legs of the fat suit and bulked the chest under the existing fat suit. Painted the forearms as the original body is caucasian. Added gloss to the shoes, eyes as well as darkening the eyebrows.

Now it's even better but i still can't fix the glasses. Will post pics tomorrow for anyone interested.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Back