Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, HT's efforts on Smith were far less than ready to go. Even if there was interest, it would take a long time to make the proto needed for a preorder. If they are moving forward, we'd be lucky if they were at the approval stage for the likeness yet.

I don't know when Matrix 4 is scheduled, but that would be the best chance at HT Matrix 1 figures. Not before. They have so much that they're backlogged on right now and likely another 4-6 months of corona delays will make that situation even worse.

People getting Matrix knock-offs now will have a good 2-3 years minimum of fun playtime with them before any additional HT figures would drop into their hands.

I don't know if casting would be a spoiler, but might as well for the new movie:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm probably going to be happy enough with these 3rd party figures. I think for what I'm in for, Morpheus was $160, Smith $125, and Trinity $190. So $475 for 3 figures. Even if they were cheaper HTs, which they wouldn't be, it's at least $200+ cheaper for this trio. And like Wor-Gar said I'll have them for 2-3 years on top if fully licensed ones were announced anyway.

I don't know if casting would be a spoiler, but might as well for the new movie:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm probably going to be happy enough with these 3rd party figures. I think for what I'm in for, Morpheus was $160, Smith $125, and Trinity $190. So $475 for 3 figures. Even if they were cheaper HTs, which they wouldn't be, it's at least $200+ cheaper for this trio. And like Wor-Gar said I'll have them for 2-3 years on top if fully licensed ones were announced anyway.

That's how I'm looking at it, as well. And its not like we're displaying Hasbro figures in the meantime. Morpheus is sharp out of the box. I'm expecting the same for Smith, as its the same company. Hopeful for Trinity based on the pics.

I'm crossing my fingers that it won't end up having the same tiny, undersized head as other third party female figures recently, that makes her look about 12 years old next to the other two. It's clearly a recast of the Jnix sculpt, so we already know it's going to be smaller than that one was...

Well looks like Toysworks is going all in on the Reloaded figures. They just previewed a Reloaded Neo and appear to have a Trinity ready as well. And naturally right after I ordered the other version. Lol

85172121_1091339697899077_7163859227566407680_n.jpg

87231957_1091339684565745_3246891118524104704_n.jpg

87276803_1091340037899043_3614285283903668224_n.jpg

Happy to see Trinity coming...

Sad to say that OSK is now sold out of Spiritual Leader so now I have nowhere to buy it. Giantoy says more are coming, but who knows.

Anyone know another place selling Morpheus for a reasonable amount? Not ebay. Its hard for me to want to spend more than $160 on this figure knowing I'm going to drop $50 for a new tie.

Their Morpheus came out pretty well so the in-hand people say... but I'm still skeptical to PO anything from 3rd parties... especially now with CV running rampant.

Happy to see Trinity coming...

Sad to say that OSK is now sold out of Spiritual Leader so now I have nowhere to buy it. Giantoy says more are coming, but who knows.

Anyone know another place selling Morpheus for a reasonable amount? Not ebay. Its hard for me to want to spend more than $160 on this figure knowing I'm going to drop $50 for a new tie.

I see Monkeydepot still has him. They don't charge tax, but you're still looking at $190 or more after shipping, which sounds like more than you'd want to pay. And honestly I don't think it's quite worth paying that much for either.

Well looks like Toysworks is going all in on the Reloaded figures. They just previewed a Reloaded Neo and appear to have a Trinity ready as well. And naturally right after I ordered the other version. Lol

LOL!! I just ordered the other Trinity as well! I didn't want to miss out on her, now that Morpheus is starting to become a hot item.

All three look good in that pic. The Neo isn't really an upgrade to my old custom so I'll be passing on him. Hard to tell on Trinity but she looks just like the other version just pre-ordered. If she comes with more and/or is significantly cheaper, it would suck but I'm fine with the other version (based on if the production figure looks just as good in hand. )

Wor-Gar, that $50 tie is going to be a kick in the groin to many of us as well... :monkey4

Yeah I kind of prefer her outfit from the first movie anyway to the leather dress from Reloaded. Although judging by their Morpheus Toysworks may well include all of her looks.

Their Morpheus came out pretty well so the in-hand people say... but I'm still skeptical to PO anything from 3rd parties... especially now with CV running rampant.

The virus cannot survive on inanimate objects for that long......

Are you worried that the air in the bubble wrap is contaminated?

Of just shoddy work from all those sick Chinese factory workers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a parcel from China the other day and was really hesitant to open it up, in the end though I just opened it. Two days latter, I feel fine. So fingers crossed I haven't got cv. It took over a month from it being posted to get the item, so maybe expect a bit of a delay on things ordered from China.

The virus cannot survive on inanimate objects for that long......

Are you worried that the air in the bubble wrap is contaminated?

Of just shoddy work from all those sick Chinese factory workers....

No, not worried about getting it from a package... I was suggesting there will be terrible delays for 3rd party.

Well, well, well... the tides of fortune change quickly...

onesixthkit, which was sold out this morning, got back to me that they have Morpheus back in stock so I jumped and ordered it!

Looks like I'm back on for the $50 tie! :yess:

I used to buy from MonkeyDepot years ago, but their prices are generally so inflated I gave them up long ago. Not even a bookmark left.

Really? I usually find their parts to be cheaper than Toyanxiety these days.

And very cool they had another Morpheus for you. Hopefully we hear something about those ties soon...

Back