Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully one of the customizers can do a run of accurate ties for a reasonable price. Should be a quick project, too. (hopefully...)

And throw in that "pledge pin"!

:lol

I think the pattern on the tie is correct, yes? It just needs to be green. I wonder if dying would work? It might be too dark of green with the purple base. But maybe a very vibrant lime color dye would work.

I think the pattern is very close but unsure if a dye job would save the pattern or wipe it out. Plus, that knot and tie are a little on the thick side and a replacement would take the figure up a nice notch.

I've printed out a tie pattern on some fabric paper before for my Deckard custom. It was pretty thin and tricky to tie up around the neck afterwards, but it worked well enough. Hopefully I'll be able to just dye this one with pastel or something though.

(This was before I got the Iris outfit and decided to just use her tie instead)

20170830_192614 (503x800).jpg

Morpheus arrived today and I have to say that I really like the figure so far. It will look fantastic next to my custom "Reloaded" Neo. All around quality is there on this one.

The head sculpt is actually very good in person, both in sculpt and paint apps. Glasses look good from normal viewing distance and I'm not sure if I'm ready to risk silver leafing them unless I were to obtain a spare first. Be careful, as mine didn't stick too well to the bridge of the nose and I dropped them a couple of times.

Outfit is very nice, all around. The two coats provided look very good except for some slight bends/creases from being in the packaging. I'm sure with some futzing and time, they will disappear.

My only complaint is with the tie, which is the wrong color and the knot is rather on the large size. I'll see about working on that as well.

Weapons are ok. The sword is detailed and has a shiny silver finish on the blade which captures the light fantastically.

Finally, the base is similar to the latest Hot Toys "block" bases except that it didn't have a name plate attached at the front. (Unless I just didn't see it in the packaging.) I assume due to the lack of official licensing, they left it without one. I'll pick up one from EvilFace. The base is black with the classic tiny green Matrix lettering streaming. Slick looking.

I'm really glad I picked up the figure and I'm going to go ahead and pre-order Trinity now as well.

I ordered from GiantToy and they double-boxed the shipping outer box and even wrapped the inner shipping box in plastic with a label stating that it is sealed and mint condition. Pretty cool of them to do.

Here are some of my classic crappy pics... :wink1:
snip

I ordered from Giantoy too and did like they double boxed it, the Toys Works 'shipper' is pretty thin cardboard so wouldn't have liked it shipped in just that. I pretty much agree on all counts from what you said. I liked the stand/base too, I got another one on eBay for $8 for Neo so I can fit a few of them on one shelf without his giant stand.

:lol

I think the pattern on the tie is correct, yes? It just needs to be green. I wonder if dying would work? It might be too dark of green with the purple base. But maybe a very vibrant lime color dye would work.

Dye is translucent so it will only tint the color not change it. It only gets darker, never lighter.

If you have an inkjet printer you can print your own. Find a nice thin silk fabric and iron it to wax paper. The wax paper will act as a sub-straight that you can feed through your printer. Print and cut out.

Dye is translucent so it will only tint the color not change it. It only gets darker, never lighter.

Yeah, that's been my experience... and was my fear about this tie. Maybe a quick bleach-bath first to lighten the purple.

On the printing, there's also sheets of printable material you can buy out there that feed just like paper and you peel off the material when done. I haven't done it, but a friend used it on a Raider horse blanket and it worked great.

Did anyone ever make a dojo kitbash of Neo? I wasn't sure how this headsculpt would look as that and would probably be better without a neck anyway. I'm surprised HT didn't come up with another way to do something with the license or an easy re-use of the sculpt.

I always thought they were different people...?

Oh... I always thought it was Neo. But you're right, if it was always Neo, then he'd be pretty easy to find... then again, if the entire human race starts over each time, save the few selected survivors, maybe those selected, in part, are because they never saw what Neo looked like and can't pass down his description.

I have no idea how it works... maybe Matrix 4 will explain.

Oh... I always thought it was Neo. But you're right, if it was always Neo, then he'd be pretty easy to find... then again, if the entire human race starts over each time, save the few selected survivors, maybe those selected, in part, are because they never saw what Neo looked like and can't pass down his description.

I have no idea how it works... maybe Matrix 4 will explain.

Edit: Upon further investigation it seems each "One" is a "randomly selected bluepill".

But yes, hopefully Matrix 4 will clarify.

Last edited:
Back