Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

I don't believe so, as there are no snaps or Velcro. But I'm sure tiny pieces of Velcro can be added to close it up tightly.

I will reiterate that the sculpt looks a lot better in person than in pics. I hope the Trinity figure is at least just as good.

Who knows if Hot Toys will ever release Morpheus and Trinity but in the meantime, at least this Morpheus will stand in nicely. (And HT may release one from the original film, so this one would stay as well.)

Whenever 3rd party figures like this appear, i always pick them up. If HT does release their own version, then reselling the unlicensed one is usually not difficult, as not everyone is willing to pay HT prices. Better to have a spare, than no figure at all, as HT doesn't always follow through, even after making an official announcement.

Nice to hear. Also great pictures.

About the two coats -- is the one that's supposed to be closed on the figure closeable?

I saw that someone in another video was able to close it perfectly fine. So maybe some are made better than others, or maybe you just need to take off the suit jacket first? Not sure what exactly this guy did to make it work, since I don't speak Italian. :D

hhhjjj.JPG

Cool. Maybe it needs to have that top flap fold over, in order to keep in place.

I honestly didn't try to put it on the figure. I only looked for snaps or Velcro and saw none.

That is definitely good news.

It might work by magnets -- like the glasses.

There is no jacket to remove since Morpheus has no jacket. Maybe you mean vest? The vest should have nothing to do with closing it. Should being the optimum word.

EDIT: after doing some research online, looks like the closing coat is supposed to work by magnets... but they may have only put the magnet in one side of the coat. No body seems to be able to have the coat close.

Also, Toys Works has used a Caucasian body -- so the forearms are "white". :lol

Its a nice looking figure for $150... but TW has made some screw ups.

Last edited:
Just another pic showing the suit colors better. I'm really digging this figure and looking forward to Trinity and Agent Smith. (I can finally retire my custom "Red Skull" Smith...) :lol

Morpheus 4.jpg

Along with the tie and glasses, it appears this figure is in desperate need of some better shoes as well. And maybe a bit of padding to give him more of that barrel chest he has.

1118full-morpheusgg.jpg

How in sweet **** have HT not made Morpheus and more yet? If there was no MCU, we would be getting the Keymaker as an SDCC ex by now.

It's a shame that seemingly the only company that acquired this license in an official capacity in recent years is a company that will pretty much just sit on it and do nothing with it for the most part.

That's Howard's M.O. Buy a license to stop competitors making 1/6 from it. A recent example is Threezero and their 1/12 Terminator Dark Fate line. I doubt HT will make a 1/6 Arnold.

Seriously, it's no longer something to be excited about or to wish for that Hot Toys gets a license. Unless it's a one character license - John Wick was right up Hot Toy's street. But something like The Matrix is completely wasted on this company.

Along with the tie and glasses, it appears this figure is in desperate need of some better shoes as well. And maybe a bit of padding to give him more of that barrel chest he has.

View attachment 477534

Not just the glasses and tie, but look how baggy those pants are.

Perhaps the shoes just need a bit of gloss? Not sure if they are wrong.

For me personally, I always planned to make this a Matrix Morpheus from the first movie, so I'd lose the vest entirely.

Here a poor comparison but maybe it helps... figure actually doesn't look too bad for $150.

COMP 2-1-20.jpg

Need a tie pin too and one more vest button.... for those keeping track.

View attachment 477534

I agree that the shoes, tie and some padding would elevate this figure. But the fact that these are rather small upgrades needed, I would say that this figure is a very good release, especially for the price. I've got it sitting on my work desk at the moment, replacing the previously received Hot Toys "Two-Face" from just a couple of days ago.

Agreed, it's a really nice looking figure, and I'd say the coat on this looks even better than the one on HT Neo that's too tight around the shoulders and doesn't lie on him quite right.

As for the pants, they do look fairly wide in pics, but probably just need a water treatment to get them to hang on him correctly.

Here a poor comparison but maybe it helps... figure actually doesn't look too bad for $150.

Need a tie pin too and one more vest button.... for those keeping track.

Wor, I think you may have posted a prototype pic of the figure, as I just checked mine and it indeed had 5 buttons and the color of the suit is not as bright purple. Shoes on mine are definitely dull black and could use a gloss coat or a replacement set. Good catch regarding the pin, too.

Perhaps another small issue is that the weapons are not as crisply detailed as Hot Toys' versions. While not necessarily bad, one may want to upgrade those as well.

Yeah they seemed to have improved quite a lot since that prototype, which is something you don't usually see with third party figures. Usually you're lucky if it looks even half as good as the proto! :D

Hopefully one of the customizers can do a run of accurate ties for a reasonable price. Should be a quick project, too. (hopefully...)

And throw in that "pledge pin"!

animal house.jpeg.jpg

Back