1/6 Hot Toys - MMS430 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Hulk Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm...I'm gonna be that guy, but this is kind of a letdown. Oh well, I wasn't completely on board to get him to begin with, now looking like an easy pass.

Why is this an easy pass? You make it sound as if there is something wrong with it. I can see why someone who has the other 2 hulks already might not need this, but to say this is underwhelming or an easy miss by HT is just not so. This is a much better looking figure than the AoU version. He looked way to plain on my shelf. This guy looks great and will absolutely look great with my thor.

Why is this an easy pass? You make it sound as if there is something wrong with it. I can see why someone who has the other 2 hulks already might not need this, but to say this is underwhelming or an easy miss by HT is just not so. This is a much better looking figure than the AoU version. He looked way to plain on my shelf. This guy looks great and will absolutely look great with my thor.

100% agreed with this. He looks great, and I have seen worse knees on action figures… so I am ok with what Hot Toys went with.
It is definitely better than the AoU figure (which I used to convert to an A1 Version), much more interesting and the costume is done perfectly.

shoot, i have the other 2 hulks & im dying to have this one soon! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having the other two figures shouldn't even be a thing. This is a completely new look for the character. It's not like they just changed his pants.

Glad to see this guy finally out. Now to wait the 2 months...

First review is up as well:

Agreed. I've never been much of a Hulk guy and had no interest in the previous figures, but this one looks impressive as hell with all that armor. And it's the first one I find myself really tempted by.

I'm pretty excited to finally see this and can't wait to put him with my Thor. That said, I do wish the second sculpt had a closed mouth pose to be a further departure from the roar sculpt.

I don’t know if Hot Toys are dipping in quality with so much being made or if the knockoff figures are just getting better because this looks like a good bootleg figure.

Man, watching this review really makes me want the Gladiator Thor now... Anyone want to trade comics for one? So sick of selling comics on ebay. Just need to cut the middle man.

Looks nice. But, man if only the armor was removable! This would be the near perfect Hulk having 2 display options if he included some pants (even with the lines painted on him). Like the short hair look. Looking forward to seeing some comparison photos with the other 2 HT Hulk figures.

But for me, the wait and patience continues....I only want 1 Hulk, and wouldn't want the Gladiator version to be it, even if it is really cool. Starting to feel sorry I didn't pick up the 1st Avengers version. Here's hoping for HT Hulk #4 in A4.... :lol

Im glad the armor isnt removable I dont like parts slipping off. This Hulk looks great Im looking forward to it.

Finally! Comic shop near me is selling the original Avengers Hulk for $500 bucks. I just laughed at that, seeing this bad boy is $360 from BBTS and is WAY more impressive. Honestly, Hulk is kinda plain with just the pants and this gives him a very unique and interesting look. I am slowly building my Avengers with my favorite looks. Now just need Iron Man from IW and Panther!

Yeah, agree looking at that video makes me want to get this guy. They certainly had a lot of fun with Thor !

However I did luck out and got the original Hulk in a Christmas sale end of last year. So I'm all Hulked out.

By the way with removable armour you'd still have the face & body paint. Wouldn't look so good with just that and ripped jeans.

Definitely glad I pre-ordered this. The unhelmeted neutral face is exactly what I want on my shelf. I particularly love the armour on the left arm, and the metallic blue of the shoulder guard.

It's weird (and disappointing) that they didn't get the hair on the screaming sculpt right, though. I guess it's just an unaltered AOU sculpt, which is a weird choice... But I guess it's good for people who prefer the older style haircut.

Yeah, agree looking at that video makes me want to get this guy. They certainly had a lot of fun with Thor !

However I did luck out and got the original Hulk in a Christmas sale end of last year. So I'm all Hulked out.

By the way with removable armour you'd still have the face & body paint. Wouldn't look so good with just that and ripped jeans.
I was just wondering because if it comes off it could be painted easier. Or if a 3rd party wanted to make different armor i could switch it out.

AOU vs Ragnarok Hulk. He’s definetly more green hoping its closer to original avengers green as it’d be nice to give him an extra expressive head just to change him up a bit. Will have to see though once it arrives which should be approx end of August
80fb3b31623f179c15243c0d3801bc63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back