1/6 Hot Toys - MMS430 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Hulk Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still plenty of time for it to pop up as an exclusive or the one with the necklaces and toss in the ball

I had thought that he could be a TF release...but that would be a MASSIVE exclusive. But the idea of the toss the ball set up with ripped jeans as a bonus would actually be a fantastic little set. Maybe throw in a bloodied up Thor sculpt as a pack-in bonus to boot...

Pumping out the release and reveals lately. 1/4 Batman begins out today

I totally get that. I ran into Lou Reed on the A train once in NYC back in the 90's. We were the only people in the car and I just nodded to him. Generally I don't ask celebs for autographs. Especially if they're just out enjoying themselves. Personally I think that's rude. A convention is different...
Thing is, I'm a comic fan. More importantly, a Hulk fan. The hat I asked him to sign was covered with signatures of writers and artists that have worked on Hulk dating back to the 60's. I think it was pretty ****** of him to double the price once he saw I was a big fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember my ex and I getting off a plane once in a 'small tourist destination' city and we saw a local TV personality doing the same. My ex who was pretty outgoing and bubbly started gushing and getting all taken by it all and wanted to go over and hug him, and I'm trying to shut her down, telling her in the process "for gods sake, the man is on holiday with his wife and children.. leave him the hell alone"

I remember my ex and I getting off a plane once in a 'small tourist destination' city and we saw a local TV personality doing the same. My ex who was pretty outgoing and bubbly started gushing and getting all taken by it all and wanted to go over and hug him, and I'm trying to shut her down, telling her in the process "for gods sake, the man is on holiday with his wife and children.. leave him the hell alone"

Fully understand this, and I cherish my privacy, but they chose to live that life. Having gushing fans is part of what they signed up to do. I met Margaery Tyrell (Natalie Dormer) and reasoned with myself that it was ok to say hi and ask for a photo. She was very friendly after I got past the initial stupid question: "are you so and so"...

Fully understand this, and I cherish my privacy, but they chose to live that life. Having gushing fans is part of what they signed up to do. I met Margaery Tyrell (Natalie Dormer) and reasoned with myself that it was ok to say hi and ask for a photo. She was very friendly after I got past the initial stupid question: "are you so and so"...

What was she like ? She seems like a naughty one to me....

What was she like ? She seems like a naughty one to me....

Bit of a resting ***** face which led to my trepidation, but once past all that she was very friendly. Discussed what would be her last season of GoT (I didn't know at the time), and then took a photo. She put her shades on for the photo even though we were in an airport. Guess that's common practice when you aren't all glammed up?

I can also understand the aspect that over zealous fans is something that comes with territory regarding the profession they chose, but I’ve also never really been an advocate of a “well you/they had it coming” mentality in order to justify one’s own behavior (depending on the circumstance). Sure, public recognition and being approached in public comes with the territory as mentioned, but I also think there’s an appropriate time and place for it, which you have to be the judge on.

Most of them are indeed very nice and would graciously sign something for a fan if interrupted during a private dinner outing with their family, but I can also understand if they would be a bit annoyed as well.

I don't think many people "choose" to be famous. They like acting and luck into a couple good roles that lead to better and bigger roles and boom one day people are following you around taking photos of your every move. If i see someone famous out someplace i just leave them alone. If they were encouraging people to come over and take pictures and sign things with them thats one thing but at dinner i would just let them enjoy their meal.

I mean it bugs me sometimes when the waiter stops by every 5 minutes to check on me when i just want to eat and talk to whoever i am with (i understand why and don't complain). So i could not imagine how annoying it would be to have people coming up to you everyday and everyplace you go.

I mean it bugs me sometimes when the waiter stops by every 5 minutes to check on me when i just want to eat and talk to whoever i am with (i understand why and don't complain). So i could not imagine how annoying it would be to have people coming up to you everyday and everyplace you go.

Dunno what that feels like as I live in the UK. It’s hard to get any service let alone one that checks on you regularly. Trying to pay the bill could take up to 30 minutes. Sometimes you literally have to get up and go grab someone and ask for it.
If you have a free refills drink forget about it, you’ll get one and just pray you catch a waiter for your all important second refill.
We went to florida a few years back and I lost my mind at the quality of service. when I emptied a glass, the waitress would just take it and bring back full one, no questions asked. I thought it may have been a fluke but it kept happening time and time again. I nearly cried it was so perfect.

Yes service in Europe has been forgotten. Probably doesn't help with reductions in personnel to lower costs either. Plus I guess in the states they're working for the tip too.

I can also understand the aspect that over zealous fans is something that comes with territory regarding the profession they chose, but I’ve also never really been an advocate of a “well you/they had it coming” mentality in order to justify one’s own behavior (depending on the circumstance).

I agree, but I also think that applies to the celebrity as well. Ive heard some absolute horror stories about people that have met celebrities in public, and while you can debate the merit of approaching them for an autograph/picture, the famous person is extremely rude to the point of cruelty. The usual response to this is "maybe they were just having a bad day". As if that is any real excuse for that kind of behavior.

I have a lot of bad days too. Wouldn't make me any less of a raging a-hole if I unloaded on strangers, regardless of if I found them annoying or not.

Well this thread took a strange turn...

Anyway, I really like the green skin color of this one and as a fan of Ancient Roman mythology, that helmet and gladiator theme looks badass. The knee issue isn't a huge deal since I know its not a statue. Sigh, looks like its time to sell off my AOU version and get this one. Got me again HT.

I agree, but I also think that applies to the celebrity as well. Ive heard some absolute horror stories about people that have met celebrities in public, and while you can debate the merit of approaching them for an autograph/picture, the famous person is extremely rude to the point of cruelty. The usual response to this is "maybe they were just having a bad day". As if that is any real excuse for that kind of behavior.

I have a lot of bad days too. Wouldn't make me any less of a raging a-hole if I unloaded on strangers, regardless of if I found them annoying or not.

Agreed, it goes both ways. There’s better ways to defuse the situation.

Though I think the onus is more on the over zealous fan to not even create that situation in their first place, by using good judgment and realizing that when someone is on a private outing with their family, such as at a restaurant, it’s probably not an appropriate time to seek an autograph.

the onus.

I think everyone agrees that approaching a celeb when they're at a restaurant or walking down the street with a friend is kind of crappy. I worked across from CBS studios in NYC years ago. Several talk show filmed in the immediate area and I saw celebs all the time. If it was someone I liked, I'd give them a nod and that's it. When a celeb is at a convention it's another story. I've had good and bad interactions at cons. I like to give them the benefit of the doubt. Anyone can have a bad day. Lou has been something of a tool every time I've seen him. Maybe he's just not happy needing to work conventions...

Looks like it’s a different tone to the original hulk but not way off.
b3f541a891d52c599111a1b544d944e2.jpg

Better get on the Hulk train now. Don't think a lot of people are going to like the new Under Armour Hulk and who knows if they will make another after that.

I really hoped they would do the Hulk from the end of the movie. This is very iconic but not my cup of tea 🧐

Sent from a point in space and time

Back