1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started the return process for my neck-stained Star-Lord. :dunno

Sad to part with him, but figures that cost more than $200 shouldn't be affected by widespread manufacturer carelessness (and if they do the manufacturer should really own up to it).

I hope HT's QC dept gets things sorted out by Vol. 3. I don't see another figure being released for IW.

Just started the return process for my neck-stained Star-Lord. :dunno

Sad to part with him, but figures that cost more than $200 shouldn't be affected by widespread manufacturer carelessness (and if they do the manufacturer should really own up to it).

I hope HT's QC dept gets things sorted out by Vol. 3. I don't see another figure being released for IW.

Sorry that things didn’t work out for you. Never settle for less when purchasing something at this price point.

Will you be purchasing the Yondu figure?

Sorry that things didn’t work out for you. Never settle for less when purchasing something at this price point.

Will you be purchasing the Yondu figure?

I agree. If we were purchasing $15 Mattel figures I could shrug it off, but with this price point, absolutely...never settle for less (in life as well).

I mean Yondu looks great (based on the prototype photos), but since he's really more of a side character than a main character he's on the maybe list for me. Since he doesn't release for awhile from now I would hope HT will have any neck stain issue taken care of for him (but who knows)... :dunno

I'd be interested to see how you did that Lee, and if it works well. I have some Pledge varnish. Perhaps I could use that to seal the coat collar so colour does not seep out ? Any pics showing how you applied it (as you do it) would be great.

Haven’t done it yet. Need to break him out the box again and test a few locations.

Original Flavor:
dWGr2jD.jpg

Edit:
Mxg04pF.jpg

Nice thanks !! Certainly not mega difficult once you know what & how to do. Great job !! Keep em comin !

I got my replacement- joints are tight and everything seems in order. There is gnarly staining which is disappointing due to the price tag on these items but it isn't going to be a deal breaker for me.

The figure itself is awesome but they really failed the QC process on this release.

I have my starlord in my bbts pol, just wondering, how does the plastic wrap look like straight out of the box? It’s not like hot toys to not separate or cover the neck with plastic wrap to prevent staining

There is no plastic wrap at all between the clothing and body. Just the usual that covers the hands and head. A couple people have reported getting figures with the head bag tucked down between the neck and collar a little. I would ship that sucker ASAP in case you need to get a replacement from them while they still have stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got my Star Lord yesterday and really loving it! He looks fantastic and the detail is outstanding.

I'm torn between short jacket or long jacket, jet pack or no jet pack and helmet or head sculpt!

No staining on my neck either by looks of it IMG_4118.jpgwhich is good.

Just watched optical20’s review on YouTube and he says that after a week the material on his long jacket right where the magnet is on the shoulder has already started to flake. That’s certainly encouraging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back