1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beautiful braniac! 1st pics my fave. i have the 1st version and this version and its still hard to pick a look lol.
Thanks a bunch :hi5:

Same here :lol That's a really cool look if you want comic or classic Starlord, but when you have two tops, two jackets and three different head options, all of which look great mixed and matched its really hard to pick just one :lol :duff

Fall in Love with this figure every time I repose

95_C9970_F_79_BA_4_C2_B_B161_9_EF30_E9_A62_BB.jpg

Just watched optical20’s review on YouTube and he says that after a week the material on his long jacket right where the magnet is on the shoulder has already started to flake. That’s certainly encouraging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeez louise...HT you guys are killing it with the QC! :slap

Hearing this makes me so much better about handing my Star-Lord to USPS today for return. :yess:

He was delivered a couple of days ago. Yup...red stained neck. The short jacket zipper was fine.
This is a stunning figure though...holy cow.
75a8dd965948b223a65cb1f875842ea4.jpg
372ebdf489eab00656fcf6ca5ed6bbd1.jpg
89f528a31cba33b7feefcb3622725b9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got my Star Lord today and no red neck and his zipper seems fine to me. Very nice figure I must say. Can’t wait to get him all posed up.

Finally fiddled with Star Lord for a bit - wanted to check him out and make sure everything was good. What a brilliant figure. I feel like this is unfortunately going to fly under a lot of people's radar - but it's one of HT's best. The sculpt, tailoring, accessories....they're all just top notch.

I'll say I've admitted defeat on putting the phasing helmet on, something that surprised me, usually I'm more persistent - I got cold feet and didn't want to scratch the sculpt, but it just was not lining up. I don't think I would want to obscure the sculpt though, so not too much of a loss. Anyone else's little gold medallion feel a bit tacky to the touch? I'm hanging it out to see if it dries up. If not I'll wash and clear coat it. The headphone covers are a nice touch as well.

I also followed suit with who I believe was Wor-Gar and dropped a piece of the plastic from the ankles around the back of his neck for good measure. The width of the plastic is perfect - if you do it right, you can tag it under the headsculpt articulation point and it holds it in place.

Finally fiddled with Star Lord for a bit - wanted to check him out and make sure everything was good. What a brilliant figure. I feel like this is unfortunately going to fly under a lot of people's radar - but it's one of HT's best. The sculpt, tailoring, accessories....they're all just top notch.

I'll say I've admitted defeat on putting the phasing helmet on, something that surprised me, usually I'm more persistent - I got cold feet and didn't want to scratch the sculpt, but it just was not lining up. I don't think I would want to obscure the sculpt though, so not too much of a loss. Anyone else's little gold medallion feel a bit tacky to the touch? I'm hanging it out to see if it dries up. If not I'll wash and clear coat it. The headphone covers are a nice touch as well.

I also followed suit with who I believe was Wor-Gar and dropped a piece of the plastic from the ankles around the back of his neck for good measure. The width of the plastic is perfect - if you do it right, you can tag it under the headsculpt articulation point and it holds it in place.

In regards to your difficulty putting on the phasing helmet, it's actually quite easy. I had trouble the first time too. You have to place both side pieces on his head first and then insert the back piece in. It will click easily. Try it again and let us know how it goes!

I was doubting myself for wanting to buy two but now I feel justified [emoji4] That is pretty cool. I feel like doing the same for The new Spiderman Figure. So many options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to your difficulty putting on the phasing helmet, it's actually quite easy. I had trouble the first time too. You have to place both side pieces on his head first and then insert the back piece in. It will click easily. Try it again and let us know how it goes!

See, I totally went with that and it just wasn't clicking around. I could see it lining up though - I'm sure I just didn't work it hard enough. Appreciate the pointers though, bud. I may try again in the future when I repose, but for now I'm satisfied with the helmetless sculpt - it's the most realistic HT sculpt to date, IMO.
b493c13371c2e53d3765dcbcaedc5e34.jpg

Back