1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given my location, I suspect if my figure has the issue I'll live with it and imagine that Rocket gave Quill a hickey in the night..

Sorry that many seem to be getting that problem. I hope my figure doesn’t end up getting stains on the neck. Don’t see anything noticeable at the moment, but who knows later on.

Have some photos of this pose:

ec2e6dd2446b62df0b8d58470ba6ae59.jpg

2d4202fc26b01fc24e20e15c05d4df43.jpg

daab7dc67dec0d35548ec46158277e1f.jpg

Not to make excuses for Hot Toys but it's shocking that people are making such a big deal about a few small red marks

Given my location, I suspect if my figure has the issue I'll live with it and imagine that Rocket gave Quill a hickey in the night..

Hahaha. Double thumbs up. I'm calling mine 'a shaving nick' or, as someone suggested, 'an ingrown hair'. Us Australasians are kind of in the Wild West when it comes to figure QC issues and how they are dealt with. US and UK companies rarely want returns, and we're often on our own with minor issues! The 'smash the hell out of it, send us photos of the pieces, and we'll send you a new one' solution gets the job done in a pinch, though. I had to do that with a five kilo TARDIS that I think would have been returned for salvageable replacement pieces if I was in the UK.

Sorry that many seem to be getting that problem. I hope my figure doesn’t end up getting stains on the neck. Don’t see anything noticeable at the moment, but who knows later on.

Great pics, Indy!

I think the coat should probably be okay like that? The problem seems to be that the collar of the short jacket is pressed so tight around the neck in the box. The long coat is open and so it's not tight around the neck. People without the deluxe and who keep the jacket zipped up may have to worry, though. My Star-Lord is wearing his scarf between his neck and his long coat for extra protection, and I'm assuming the red scarf won't cause any extra problems ...

Am I crazy, or am I remembering hearing stories of paint absorption fading over time in certain cases?

Gruff Old Bear on the QMX Picard thread has mentioned zit cream for getting rid of staining. Apparently there is benzoyl peroxide, or bleach, in there, low key, and you can get rid of stains over time by applying that daily. G O Bear says he's even gotten big black stains off that way. That's an investment in time, though, and you'd probably want to take the shirt off to avoid getting any cream on the clothes (or accidentally touching any of the costume or absorbent parts with creamy hands). It would also then mean taking the fig off display for a while.

Not to make excuses for Hot Toys but it's shocking that people are making such a big deal about a few small red marks

The small red spots on mine don't bother me much but I think gmoney5000 makes a good point: the longer these figures are in the box, the worse that staining is likely to get. If someone picks up a Star-Lord in a few months' time, or buys an unopened one from a reseller later, who knows what they might find. If there is another batch of Star-Lords yet to be packed and shipped, it might be worth letting Hot Toys know that at the very least there is a potential issue here, so they can slap some plastic round those necks.

I never thought I would, in my life, type the words, 'I think gmoney5000 makes a good point', in complete earnest, but that's internet forums for you, and this is the world we live in now. Spangles! Say something clever. I want to type, 'As the erudite Spangles makes clear ...'

I don't understand how you can't understand that people are displeased that their $275 item has easily avoidable issues.

I don't understand how you can't understand that people are displeased that their $275 item has easily avoidable issues.

Is the Mark going to be visible with the figure dressed? What if someone takes all of the clothes off and find out starlord has red marks on his butt?

What if we got these for free?

Don't change the narrative when you don't have a case. You're opinion is foolish at least own it.

It's funny, the John Matrix Commando figure for instance has a warning in the instructions that the vest could stain if left on for long periods... i used a gauze bandage under his jacket..

What if we got these for free?

Don't change the narrative when you don't have a case. You're opinion is foolish at least own it.

Your post is stupid. Are the marks visible when the figure is dressed or not? Do you have to remove the jacket from the neck to see the marks or not?

How exactly is it stupid? Everyone here has posted that it is visible.

But even if it is not visible that is a design flaw that with the hundreds of items they've produced they'd know how to prevent it.

My logic is sound - if there is a defect for this high priced item everyone should voice their concern.

Your initial absurd premise is to allow them to send a new body and everyone take the risk to dissect the figure and, if anything further is discovered and/or damaged it is "too bad, so sad, you are on your own" from both SSC and HT.

How is that even remotely logical? Your proposal is to essentially run a risk of total loss instead of holding them accountable for their lazy QC and terrible suggestion for the consumer to do all their work for them. Is that why these figures are high priced?

If your goal is to mod then you knowingly accept the risk. If your goal is to enjoy these things are they come then you shouldn't have to take the the damn thing apart to correct their mistakes.

Your post is stupid. Are the marks visible when the figure is dressed or not? Do you have to remove the jacket from the neck to see the marks or not?

The marks shouldnt have been there at all. Better dyes or shipping protection whould prevent it. Whether its visible or not is irrelevant, its a QC issue. Not sure what you argument is.

The marks shouldnt have been there at all. Better dyes or shipping protection whould prevent it. Whether its visible or not is irrelevant, its a QC issue. Not sure what you argument is.

He's foolish and seemingly trying to be apologetic for both SSC and HT.

Would goofy suggestions like that be made if it was a new smartphone, game system or whatever? Even if he lies and says yes then no it wouldn't be acceptable and, as mentioned, he would be lying.

Back