1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So on the topic of collar staining on the neck, looks like ShartimusPrime also encountered it as well in his review video...

I have it cued up to where he talks about it on the link below, but for whatever reason the video starts 20 seconds before the intended hit time... :dunno

So it's at 15:37...

So is the staining on the neck exclusively from the tench coat or can the short jacket cause it too? What about the scarf? If the scarf doesn't stain, perhaps using it as a barrier between the coat(s) and neck might help.

So is the staining on the neck exclusively from the tench coat or can the short jacket cause it too? What about the scarf? If the scarf doesn't stain, perhaps using it as a barrier between the coat(s) and neck might help.

I have the first Star Lord release, as well as the Deluxe Vol 2, luckily my Vol 2 has no staining. But when looking at both together I am curious why the first version no one has this issue with staining. The Ravager coat on v1 is nearly identical in materials/build as vol 2 long/short coat. I wonder if vol 2 was packaged too soon after the manufacturing of the jacket and was slightly wet or not fully dry, or if it's simply how it was packed this time versus last time. Not sure we'll find out but I am very curious how it's so widespread this time but didn't seem to be an issue with vol 1 release.

No, the staining is not exclusive to any version. It is with EVERY single version because it comes pre-packaged with the short jacket collar zipped all the way up and hugging his neck.

I'd imagine the scarf has the potential for staining as well. So be careful about leaving that on for extended periods of time. And if you must, then I would recommend wrapping his neck first with paper or something.

No, the staining is not exclusive to any version. It is with EVERY single version because it comes pre-packaged with the short jacket collar zipped all the way up and hugging his neck.

I'd imagine the scarf has the potential for staining as well. So be careful about leaving that on for extended periods of time. And if you must, then I would recommend wrapping his neck first with paper or something.

I think this is what has bit them in the bum. Commando Arnie was shipped without the vest on, so they can argue in defense by putting in a disclaimer in that wearing the vest for extended periods risks staining. 12 months later when complaints come in, they just argue that we the customer didn't heed their advice.

Personally, I'm too intimidated by the risk of breaking something to change their clothes weekly, so once I've picked a look, ie: Commando Arnie with Vest, Star-Lord with short jacket, not long... I'm going to stick with it.

If they'd shipped him with just a t-shirt on, we'd all be oblivious till much later. And if they put a staining warning in the instructions, what are they going to say? "well we did warn about wearing the short jacket for long periods"

I think this is what has bit them in the bum. Commando Arnie was shipped without the vest on, so they can argue in defense by putting in a disclaimer in that wearing the vest for extended periods risks staining. 12 months later when complaints come in, they just argue that we the customer didn't heed their advice.

Personally, I'm too intimidated by the risk of breaking something to change their clothes weekly, so once I've picked a look, ie: Commando Arnie with Vest, Star-Lord with short jacket, not long... I'm going to stick with it.

If they'd shipped him with just a t-shirt on, we'd all be oblivious till much later. And if they put a staining warning in the instructions, what are they going to say? "well we did warn about wearing the short jacket for long periods"

Well that's the thing, they didn't even bother putting the warning in the instructions. If you were brand new to collecting and that was your first figure and you weren't an active participant on these boards you would have absolutely no clue about the stain issue.

Really wondering what can only be summed up as dumb and inconsistent decisions by Hot Toys, ex: the magnets for some interchangeable pieces with Ironman but not all of them, the Paul Rudd headsculpt for Ant-Man 2.0, but no headsculpt for Black Panther, and now this staining issue with Star-Lord 2.0... :slap

I love that pose, Indy. :clap

Great pics, Indy!

I think the coat should probably be okay like that? The problem seems to be that the collar of the short jacket is pressed so tight around the neck in the box. The long coat is open and so it's not tight around the neck. People without the deluxe and who keep the jacket zipped up may have to worry, though. My Star-Lord is wearing his scarf between his neck and his long coat for extra protection, and I'm assuming the red scarf won't cause any extra problems ...

Thanks guys! [emoji120]

Jimminy, I’m thinking the long coat should be okay as it doesn’t seem to rub against the neck as much as the jacket does. Hopefully anyway as I rather not have stains build up over time.

Had two more ready here:

9cc6644ff1b62faa23e90c2904a642e1.jpg

40654e4c54ff7c80893d4a061d4d1cee.jpg

My Star Lord came packaged with his short jacket unzipped to halfway.

Mine should be delivered today. I hope the staining isn't bad. If any hopefully it looks like a hickey

Yes, this could be very much the case. Makes logical sense actually.

I wonder who "was" in charge of zipper QC ?

Me too, because I had to very carefully unzip mine, took about a good 10 minutes. Every time I got the zipper to the last few teeth it just didn't want to unlatch. But if you futz with it carefully should hopefully remove without breakage. Yea, after all these complaints about stains and trouble getting jackets off whoever was in charge is prob in another department now.

Agree with being careful with the zipper Alucard.

I once received Kylo Ren with the infamous bad zipper on the arm for the light up lightsaber switch. The zipper was bad out of the box, and luckily I could have the figure swapped (on eBay). Really lucked out there....

But since then zippers on 1/6 figures are treated very carefully !

Back