1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think replacement bodies would be fine. This is made to come apart with all the extra pieces, heads, shirts, jackets and hands. The boots and pants come off very easily. If it was something with a complex outfit i would say no but this from the start was designed to be stripped down.

Not to make excuses for Hot Toys but it's shocking that people are making such a big deal about a few small red marks

The analogy would be buying a brand new BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Aston Martin [insert whatever luxury car you wish to own] with a small scratch or paint nick on the side of the car, barely noticeable though.

After shelling out an F-ton of money on it, would you be okay with that minor mark or would you make a big deal about it...?

The small red spots on mine don't bother me much but I think gmoney5000 makes a good point: the longer these figures are in the box, the worse that staining is likely to get. If someone picks up a Star-Lord in a few months' time, or buys an unopened one from a reseller later, who knows what they might find. If there is another batch of Star-Lords yet to be packed and shipped, it might be worth letting Hot Toys know that at the very least there is a potential issue here, so they can slap some plastic round those necks.

I never thought I would, in my life, type the words, 'I think gmoney5000 makes a good point', in complete earnest, but that's internet forums for you, and this is the world we live in now. Spangles! Say something clever. I want to type, 'As the erudite Spangles makes clear ...'

:rotfl This made me literally laugh out loud. What a world we live in!

Is the Mark going to be visible with the figure dressed? What if someone takes all of the clothes off and find out starlord has red marks on his butt?

That's a poor argument. The mark is in an area that is exposed and intended to be visible. Sure, you can cover it with the scarf or whatever, but what if that's not the display option you want?

If there were any markings underneath the clothes, which is always intended to be unseen, then I would be hard pushed to make a fuss about that. It's a non-issue (to me at least).

Collectors in general usually have OCD-like tendencies, or at least I do, so if I'm aware there's an issue (even if it's minor) it sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

I think replacement bodies would be fine. This is made to come apart with all the extra pieces, heads, shirts, jackets and hands. The boots and pants come off very easily. If it was something with a complex outfit i would say no but this from the start was designed to be stripped down.

Have you or anyone on here taken the pants off? Is that an easy task?

Because with this particular figure I would actually be open to a replacement body if it came down to it since the shirt and jackets are intended to be removed. Since the pants aren't, that's my only hesitation.

Does anyone know if that's do-able and if so, easy or not? Thanks!

Have you or anyone on here taken the pants off? Is that an easy task?

Because with this particular figure I would actually be open to a replacement body if it came down to it since the shirt and jackets are intended to be removed. Since the pants aren't, that's my only hesitation.

Does anyone know if that's do-able and if so, easy or not? Thanks!

Pants are super easy. Actually the easiest part because they just slide straight off and on

Pants are super easy. Actually the easiest part because they just slide straight off and on

Oh wow, this is encouraging to hear. If that's the case I suppose a body replacement this time is acceptable. Is the belt supposed to click in and out so it can be removed?

Also, what about the shirt? Even though I have the DX version I still haven't futzed with the shirt yet. How exactly is it supposed to be removed? I looked in the manual and there were no directions. :slap

That's a poor argument. The mark is in an area that is exposed and intended to be visible. Sure, you can cover it with the scarf or whatever, but what if that's not the display option you want?

If there were any markings underneath the clothes, which is always intended to be unseen, then I would be hard pushed to make a fuss about that. It's a non-issue (to me at least).

Collectors in general usually have OCD-like tendencies, or at least I do, so if I'm aware there's an issue (even if it's minor) it sticks out like a sore thumb to me.
That is what I asked. I was under the impression the marks are out of site where it would not be visible without moving the clothing to expose it.

Oh wow, this is encouraging to hear. If that's the case I suppose a body replacement this time is acceptable. Is the belt supposed to click in and out so it can be removed?

Also, what about the shirt? Even though I have the DX version I still haven't futzed with the shirt yet. How exactly is it supposed to be removed? I looked in the manual and there were no directions. :slap

Check out some of the reviews on youtube. I think the ToysTV ones show them taking things on and off figures even though you can't understand what they are saying (at least i can't).

:rotfl This made me literally laugh out loud. What a world we live in!

Haha I should point out, in case there's any misunderstanding, that it's the forum names I am finding amusing, and I am not making fun of what anyone is saying or who they are. It's just funny to be referring in earnest to the words of 'Gruff Old Bear' or 'gmoney5000' or 'Spangles'. It's like we're using superhero code names.

I'm imagining we're in the Houses of Parliament or something.

'The honourable gmoney5000, sirs, makes a valid point when he elucidates on the weaknesses of the Westminster system, and furthermore, Spangles' elaboration on trade tax regulations bears further consideration. Now the right honourable BatmanLover2082 has the floor.'

Now I feel bad because it looked like I was attacking people ... I wasn't! I was just enjoying the novelty of forum naming conventions, and musing on the fact that so many of us communicate through so many pseudonyms in day-to-day, electronic age life, and wishing my own name here was a bit more elaborate.

But of course this is the internet, so I understand why people's first assumption, if there is any doubt, would be that someone was attacking. That's what happens online 98% of the time.

But yes just delighting in our colourful names being used in a serious context. I never thought I would type 'gmoney5000 makes a good point' not because I think gmoney couldn't make good points ... on the contrary! He makes good ones, as I just mentioned! I just never thought I would be referring to someone called gmoney (or Spangles, or any of these forum names) in such a serious way as if it were normal. We do it all the time on these boards and others, of course, without thinking, and all naming conventions are just sillinesses that are mutually agreed upon, but ... I just caught myself doing it and sighed and thought, 'the internet age!'

But yes. Not trying to cast aspersions on anyone, and I am sorry that it came across that way. And I love the names, which is why I found it so amusing. I wish my name here was better. Or should I just have called myself 'Kevin', or something banal, to be a Kevin in a sea of exciting names? Anyway. Respect to all. Sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you or doubting you, gmoney. I just wanted to say you raised a fair point. Everyone: continue as you were.

Haha I should point out, in case there's any misunderstanding, that it's the forum names I am finding amusing, and I am not making fun of what anyone is saying or who they are. It's just funny to be referring in earnest to the words of 'Gruff Old Bear' or 'gmoney5000' or 'Spangles'. It's like we're using superhero code names.

I'm imagining we're in the Houses of Parliament or something.

'The honourable gmoney5000, sirs, makes a valid point when he elucidates on the weaknesses of the Westminster system, and furthermore, Spangles' elaboration on trade tax regulations bears further consideration. Now the right honourable BatmanLover2082 has the floor.'

Haha no need to explain yourself. I understood what you were inferring the first time I read your comment. :hi5:

Also, I tend not to take things too seriously on the internet anyways, so even if there was any misinterpretation I would just shrug it off.

Check out some of the reviews on youtube. I think the ToysTV ones show them taking things on and off figures even though you can't understand what they are saying (at least i can't).

So I looked up the video you were referencing and they only change the coat. They never remove the shirt or his pants.

If anyone knows of any videos that show this can you please provide a link? Thanks!

DSC_0658.jpg

Got him today from the depot finally. The V2.0 to one of two figures I've regretted buying in the past. Staying very minimalist for now. The zip alone is causing very stubborn to undo, lol... so his Walkman is kinda suspended on an imaginary 'clip of nothingness'.

I really am starting to run out of room here though. My 'Avenger' display has gained Ant-Man, Dr. Strange and now Star-Lord. I have a spot worked out for Iron Man Mark VI. Not sure about Gladiator Thor, and Loki (when I inevitably order him)... I really need to get this room tidied and a display cabinet or something..

On another note, one of my two six month old kittens figured out how to open the door handle when I was asleep the other night.. Suffice to say I was not very happy. A couple of figures knocked over. A couple of hands and weapons knocked out. Took me an hour of moving stuff and searching to finally find T-2 Arnie's damaged shotgun..

So I looked up the video you were referencing and they only change the coat. They never remove the shirt or his pants.

If anyone knows of any videos that show this can you please provide a link? Thanks!

He changes the pants on Drax a little over 13 minutes into the video. Starlords should be somewhat the same i would think. Anyway it gives you an idea of what to do.

View attachment 387472

On another note, one of my two six month old kittens figured out how to open the door handle when I was asleep the other night.. Suffice to say I was not very happy. A couple of figures knocked over. A couple of hands and weapons knocked out. Took me an hour of moving stuff and searching to finally find T-2 Arnie's damaged shotgun..

You definitely need to get these figures into a case of some sort. Kittens and cats are curious by nature and will totally destroy toys if given the chance. My cats damaged a couple of Kotobukiya statues even though I never thought they could reach them. I never leave my Hot Toys out for them!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

He changes the pants on Drax a little over 13 minutes into the video. Starlords should be somewhat the same i would think. Anyway it gives you an idea of what to do.

Awesome sauce, thanks for posting! Really appreciate that! Totally helpful for what I will most likely be doing with Star-Lord.

Kinda funny to watch Optibotimus undress Drax and acknowledge that it's awkward. :rotfl

You definitely need to get these figures into a case of some sort. Kittens and cats are curious by nature and will totally destroy toys if given the chance. My cats damaged a couple of Kotobukiya statues even though I never thought they could reach them. I never leave my Hot Toys out for them!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The door has been shut and the room out of bounds ever since we got them, with only regular opening to air when the kittens are outside having their long afternoon rampage sessions. (Our old adult cat we had put down a few months before we got them was fortunately no threat in the room)

The only problem is, the more curious of the little toads has finally figured out if he jumps up and grabs his weight onto it, the handle will open... :angelsmil

We are now looking at a couple of child lock type options. One of which apparantly will let you leave the door ajar an inch or so. I got away pretty lucky considering. I had flashbacks to our big earthquakes in 2010/11 which resulted in damage to a lot of stuff, much of which wasn't replaceable, or easily/cheaply replaceable at least..

Back