1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Figure

I'm probably going to go for the regular version. It's only missing the long jacket, red long sleeve shirt, and mid transformation helmet. We'll see what the deluxe PO's for, but I will probably be happy with just the regular release.

I wish that the new head sculpt had a hint of the original's smirk.

Well great hadn't planned on upgrading....but the additional head sculpt sold me!

I think everyone unanimously agreed the Paul Rudd smirk on the first Ant-Man figure looked better than photos of the reveal of the second... but fortunately from what I've seen in the Civil War thread, the second still looks really good..

Sideshow website says pre-orders tomorrow between 12PM - 3 PM Pacific

Thank goodness I got my butt up and went for a walk, then. Can't wait to get the deluxe, tomorrow. :yess: I'll buy every set they make of GotG.

Thank goodness I got my butt up and went for a walk, then. Can't wait to get the deluxe, tomorrow. :yess: I'll buy every set they make of GotG.

This may be my first day one PO. Usually, I wait for in hand pics before taking the plunge as on rare occasions the prototype looks nothing like the final product (Strike suit Captain America I'm looking at you). I can order only one or two Hot toys a year, so I really have to make it count. The new Spider-man is calling to me tho...

Missed out on the first version so I'll be getting this one. I think the head sculpt is still a little off though but I'll be displaying with the helmet on anyway! Perfect time to use my reward points with the added bonus points given!

Not really seeing the likeness, so it's going to be an easy pass for me, but I'm happy other people are happy. This might mean that I can actually pick up a replacement satchel for my first Star-Lord without paying ridiculous prices :lol

IMG_6873.JPG
IMG_6874.JPG
IMG_6875.JPG
Sold V1 Starlord because the sculpt is kinda off. This one is spot on Chris Pratt. I hope the final product will look like this!

I like the attitude the 1st hs has compared to this one. This looks like Pratt but it looks like him waiting in line at the DMV. I have had the helmet on mine for almost two years and i'm still really not interested in a full HS but the activating helmet one looks cool so i might maybe that one up.

That master headsculp looks awesome. Hopefully finished product looks as good.

I don't see how people think this one DOESN'T look like Pratt. I think it's a fantastic likeness. I hope the deluxe stays up for at least another week. I'm low on cash this weekend and can't do any preorders till next weekend. As soon as I get paid, I'm preordering this and the QMX Capt. Picard.

My next dilemma is what to do about the other guardians. If I get Starlord, I need the others. Do I get the long delayed first Drax just so I can have something that comes out close to the new movie...or wait for what will essentially just be different pants? Do I get the old Gamorra because she's still not that hard to find and already out...or wait and see what a new one would look like? Can I finally justify buying a Rocket despite his size. I once had one right in front of me being rang up and I just looked at his size and I put him back and got a 3zero Heisenberg from Breaking Bad instead. If he was cheaper it'd be easier.

Sigh, first world problems lol.

Is it up already? Anyway, I like this likeness a lot more. I never used the Pratt sculpt. He is lacking his fun demeanor but I think this movie mkgjtnbe about more serious for this character anyway. I'm all in. In fact, I already sold all my old guardians.

as for the rest, gamora with moveable arms is a lock but I wonder about how they'll all look in infinity war. This rocket looks cool, I'm gonna get the deluxe. Strangely enough, I think I will pass on this drax for now. It just doesn't look right

Is it up already? Anyway, I like this likeness a lot more. I never used the Pratt sculpt. He is lacking his fun demeanor but I think this movie mkgjtnbe about more serious for this character anyway. I'm all in. In fact, I already sold all my old guardians.

as for the rest, gamora with moveable arms is a lock but I wonder about how they'll all look in infinity war. This rocket looks cool, I'm gonna get the deluxe. Strangely enough, I think I will pass on this drax for now. It just doesn't look right

Thta's the problem with these. We will get these in hand next year and then IW versions will go up for PO and then a couple years after that GoTG 3 and i'm sure one or two Guardians will pop up in other Marvel movies (Thor maybe?). So we could have 3 or 4 more versions of these guys coming in the future just like Cap, BW, Hawkeye, etc

Back