1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Figure

The deluxe will be hard to pass up, I don't have a Star Lord and the short jacket, chest plate and activating helmet is a look that will be killer on the shelves.

Have to admit, head sculpt looks really good. Don't want to buy this since I am happy with the original. I will have to re-buy one figure I assume to get a baby Groot. We shall see which it ends up being.

Glad I sold the first one. It's likeness was really weak & soft, has barely any interchangeable hands, no ankle articulation but did have a superior long coat. This one looks much improved.

Glad I sold the first one. It's likeness was really weak & soft, has barely any interchangeable hands, no ankle articulation but did have a superior long coat. This one looks much improved.

I agree about the likeness on the first one. Not sure why so many people think it's better than this one. :dunno

How can you guys say this sculpt isn't right on? You must be blind. Or likeness is really subjective based on your ideal version of something.

I'd say more subjective than blind.

I can turn your argument around and say you're the blind one fo thinking it looks like Pratt. Lmao..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm really digging that activation mode helmet ... *__*

It's so cool :woo
jA6CP0QNOiXvy.gif

I gotta admit that the smirk of the first version was nice but I still can't help thinking the head sculpt looks off somehow. Now this second sculpt has some problems too but overall I prefer this one over the first release.

It's so cool :woo
jA6CP0QNOiXvy.gif
It absolutely is!! *__* That alone makes getting the deluxe worth it! So gonna display him with the activated helmet.

hopefully they change / fix the stupid light up function on the helmet... that 10 second timer on the switch is a joke!:mad:

When will they have this on PO at sideshow?

It should go up by the end of the day.

Dang it, I thought Star Lord was going to be an easy pass and then they have to go and load it up with 3 looks!

Looks really cool, but I'll stick with my GOTG Star Lord. He's too similar to the first figure to dupe, imo. Short jacket is awesome, though!

:exactly: Agreed! I can't see me pre-ordering this one tbh, I do like the character and it does look good (although I do admit to preferring the v.1 head sculpt - just personal preference) it might be one I pick up at a later date if available - we'll see! :)

Still love the first figure and really only need one version of him for my group display.

Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Figure

I have the first one. This is bought too. And it's a Yulli sculpt!

Gotta say, a lot of the HT sculpts that I find to be the most "off" have been done by her. But also a lot of the sculpts that are the most impressive. She's incredibly hit or miss. I think this is a miss, at least by HT standards. Also guess I should give up on them ever doing a Starlord with a seamless neck.

My price guess for the deluxe is $270.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ordered the DX! And at a 'reasonable' price as well (242.50 EUR). Heading my way end of February 2018.

(The moment you have a GotG Vol. 2 pre-order and Drax from the first one hasn't arrived yet. :lol)

Ordered the DX! And at a 'reasonable' price as well (242.50 EUR). Heading my way end of February 2018.

(The moment you have a GotG Vol. 2 pre-order and Drax from the first one hasn't arrived yet. :lol)

Is this up on Sideshow yet? I'm not seeing it...

Back