1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Figure

By the time they finish making these MCU figures I'll be damn near 50... :lol

The only version of a character I regret buying and not waiting for the "better" version is TWS Black Widow. I bought her and TDW Thor fairly close together, cheaper than usual RRP, to contribute towards my "Avengers" display.

OCD got the better of me, and I ended up getting the AoU versions to make my display AoU. Which was fine for Thor because IMO it is the better looking figure. BW I still prefer the all black look to the Stark Tron look, but after owning both I concede AoU is a better overall figure. But that was all good, because I was happy to have two completely different versions of her.

Then Civil War came along, and after seeing the improvements, I want Civil War over TWS... :lol

But every other figure I'm fine with. I don't want to upgrade Cap from AoU to Civil War. Same with Hawkeye, and Banner I have no choice. Even if another Hulk is made, money is it will Gladiator Hulk which isn't going to fit my Avenger display... I don't want to upgrade Ant-Man in my 'others' display (I think the solo version is better anyway). Even Iron Man I'm glad I went 43 over 45 and don't wish to modernise up to the 46.

Pratt looks like a greasy 70's pimp.

giphy.gif

:lol

I love the differences this has to the original figure. Long jacket is different, no satchel, no side boot jets, pants are different colours, no orb, t-shirt is different.

I will likely pose this StarLord with the activation helmet, shirt jacket and jetpack, which will be a completely different look to the first version.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Totally agree Im glad I kept the original team, but I would like the powering on helmet option even though I know it wont fit on the first version

Forgive my ignorance, but why wouldn't it fit on the first version?

As great as this looks, I have the GotG 1 Star-Lord and was thinking I'll just pick up the short jacket and Mid-Helmet head down the line.

Guys can you imagine how insane it is that hot toys will (well maybe) put out all these IW figures? Lol im starting to think they wont even keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys can you imagine how insane it is that hot toys will (well maybe) put out all these IW figures? Lol im starting to think they wont even keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They still got House Party Protocol figures coming out, not sure keeping up is part of their strategy as much as getting around to things eventually, even after the fact :lol

They still got House Party Protocol figures coming out, not sure keeping up is part of their strategy as much as getting around to things eventually, even after the fact :lol

Certainly... People need to get over the notion that these figures need to come out during the movies theater run. While that is usually the case, and what most collectors would prefer, it certainly is not mandated by any means. We could see figures from any movie years later. Especially Infinity War.

Certainly... People need to get over the notion that these figures need to come out during the movies theater run. While that is usually the case, and what most collectors would prefer, it certainly is not mandated by any means. We could see figures from any movie years later. Especially Infinity War.

For sure. Glad I'm kind of dwindling down my interest in current movie figures, because for most folks its feeling impossible to keep up.

What's up with his "bra"?

Forgive my ignorance, but why wouldn't it fit on the first version?

As great as this looks, I have the GotG 1 Star-Lord and was thinking I'll just pick up the short jacket and Mid-Helmet head down the line.

The Helmet in activation mode is an accessory not a head sculpt, so it will likely only fit on the new head sculpt.

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 8.17.26 AM.jpg

PO the deluxe version last night via TOYHQ in the U.K. - £50 deposit but final price not revealed yet. Didn't bother me as I wanted him so much haha! No idea on ship date yet either.
Hopefully before end of this year!

He does look amazing ugh I may order I wanted the last Star Lord and missed out but what's setting me over the edge is the baby groovy and head sculpt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I want to say that since I got the first version, I won't be getting this one. Then I remembered that I ordered the deluxe Rocket because I like the gun, even though I have the first version. Same thing will probably happen with Gamora.

I ended up selling the rocket/groot pack I had from the first movie, only keeping Star-Lord. Probably will end up ordering this one too but don't feel the need for any of the other characters.

I want to say that since I got the first version, I won't be getting this one. Then I remembered that I ordered the deluxe Rocket because I like the gun, even though I have the first version. Same thing will probably happen with Gamora.

I said the same thing, didn't want to re-buy the team. I am considering both Starlord and Rocket now.

Back