1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an easy fix.
When you took off the head to change the mouth piece/ eyes, you just need to bend the cape at the shoulder that is not sitting flat down so that when you put the head back on again, it'll be flat against the shoulder.

Thanks for the tip. According to the tracking my figure has arrived at my local post office so hopefully it's delivered tomorrow. My first wired Batman cape.

Mine arrived at the office today. Meant I had to stop with to give it the once over.
Looking good. I flips out the face plate to push on the Rebreather device. Looks evil: I like it!!

Cape is amazing. I will be messing around with this dude some more when I get home.

Mine arrived at the office today. Meant I had to stop with to give it the once over.
Looking good. I flips out the face plate to push on the Rebreather device. Looks evil: I like it!!

Cape is amazing. I will be messing around with this dude some more when I get home.

More or less straight out of the box pics. Different lighting and filters.
I want to mess around with the cape some more. It's really easy to work with and this Bats is way more possible than the BVS version.
Definitely glad I got him.

I want to mess around with the cape some more. It's really easy to work with and this Bats is way more possible than the BVS version.

:clap

Finally we have someone here who knows how to give this ss batman some badass poses. lol

Although this cape looks better than the stock BvS cape it seems to have the same issue of not lying flat on his shoulders. Judging by pics anyway, lookimg forward to getting it in hand soon.

I don't own this cape, but from the pictures I've seen I'm still not a fan of it. I think it sits on the shoulders well enough, but everything below it just doesn't look like a great cape, looks crinkled, like it doesn't flow properly, it just looks like a wired, thin and crinkly cape that has nothing much in common with the film version...

In saying that, I'm happy everyone else is enjoying the cape! Are people going to display it in the flight position with the stand? Can probably get some good recreations from BvS as well fighting Superman or Doomsday! :D

Edit: Great poses DVD1! :hi5:

The cape is super possible and the wiring strong enough to hold the capes weight.
It can be smoothed out more than I've done but it didn't look he was moving. So, I crushed the thing to put wrinkles back in to simulate movement.

Got to say again that I'm very impressed with this one. I don't think I'd ever use any of the accessories as the flying pose is how I can see me keeping this guy.

The cape is super possible and the wiring strong enough to hold the capes weight.
It can be smoothed out more than I've done but it didn't look he was moving. So, I crushed the thing to put wrinkles back in to simulate movement.

Got to say again that I'm very impressed with this one. I don't think I'd ever use any of the accessories as the flying pose is how I can see me keeping this guy.

It's good to hear mate, I won't go on about it not being to my taste and let others enjoy it, good to see more photos of it being put up! The musculature of it also looks to be better slightly.

Will you get any others from the Suicide Squad line?

Great pics DVD1. As awesome as that flying pose is I don't think I'd dare leave the C clamp on mine for very long. My MoS suit peeled and had imprints after being on the clamp for a few weeks.

If I was going to simulate a flying pose I think it would be the one when he jumps through the warehouse window in BvS.

Anyway my main reason for getting this is the lighter grey suit. Still planning to switch to my unwired Jaxon cape and stand him alongside Supes and Wonder Woman.

Received HT SS Batman yesterday.. love the figure.. Cape is loads of fun to pose and the figure in my book is a home run! Can't wait to add Harley to this shelf..:) Highly recommend getting this if you are interested!

HTSS_Bat.jpg

Hey I'm just wondering but what is the full length of his wing span? Would it fit into a detolf?

My pic above is the figure in a detolf. As you can see the cape is not be completely open from side to side, but a very nice leaping pose and cape flow can be achieved inside a detolf shelf.. I have 3 detolfs side by side atop a floor bookcase, so the they are elevated.

Last edited:
Can someone who has this version post a pic with the cape curling around the legs like if the wind was hitting it around the corners Jim Lee style

Hi, i need an answer.

I only can buy one Batman and i dont know if buy this one or Armored version....

What do you recomend me?.

Now THAT looks like a Bat Man.

Hi, i need an answer.

I only can buy one Batman and i dont know if buy this one or Armored version....

I'd get this one if I could only get one. It's the best on screen Batsuit ever, though obviously that's just my opinion. For me the JL regular suit is quite a downgrade so don't miss the chance to get this one.

Just unboxing mine now, not had time to do much futzing, put him straight on the stand. No way he will fit in a single detolf at full wing span. Just tried and he encroach's about half way into the next detolf window in my cabinet. The grey card is just a temporary measure until I find something more permanent btw :lol the LED reflection from the back of the glass was giving me headaches.

20170831_185809.jpg
20170831_190852.jpg

This figure is now a real dilemma for me. The wired cape is pretty amazing when you have it spread out but I only just got an awesome Jaxon non wired cape that drapes beautifully. Dare I now keep my BvS figure to display using that cape standing with Wonder Woman and Superman and use this figure in a stand alone display. Having two almost identical figure(minus the cape) seems a luxury at the price these things cost.

Regarding the suit colour, the difference isn't as much as I'd hoped. While the grey is a little lighter the bat symbol on his chest is also lighter and the outline of it is not as pronounced as on my BvS figure meaning the contrast between the two isn't much different. Just a minor nitpick of course, both are truly awesome figures.

Sorry for the long post. :lol

Hi, i need an answer.

That is a tough one. I really like my Armored Bats and I'm looking forward to getting the Battle damaged version. I can say that the figures are serious heavy weight condenders for having maximum shelf presence-quite limited in dynamic posing though .

SS Rebreather Bats: Poses well. After a minute of working the cape, and posing the figure, I put it where you see it in the pic. In real life, it looks like as Pjam says, like a Batman.
This is THE Batman to get if you want great poses. There have been some awesome pics posted from this figure, and I don't recall reading any negative reviews from owners here.

Short answer: given a choice of one, this is the one I'd recommend.

Back