1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I could say it a must over the BvS, depends on what price you can get them both for I guess. There are differences outside the cape but, to my eye at least, they are subtle. The grey appears only a touch lighter and there is more of that gold colour in the suit. Whether mine has a defect I don't know but you can see clearly the black outline around the bat symbol is less pronounced on the SS figure and offsets some of the contrast gain the lighter grey brings.

The material looks a little more matte and rough where the BvS suit appears smoother.

The middle buckle of the utility belt is more of a solid gold and less weathered than the BvS version. All the segments of the belt look nearly identical.

The cowl is undeniably better regarding the tab not sticking out. I believe there are fixes for that but it's good not to have the hassle. SS cowl seems to reflect a little less light back to but probably varies a lot between figures.

Might just be my eyes :lol but the thighs look improved. Just a better proportion to them. The abs stand out more on the SS figure also. He looks more barrel chested but again that might just be a result of the different paint apps.

With the cape extended he does look pretty awesome and the cape works well. In a standing pose I hate working with the cape, but it's an easy swap for any of the great non wired custom capes out there or the better wired capes.

Sorry for the bad pics, no DSLR camera here and lack of daylight doesn't help. BvS figure on left, SS figure on right in all pics.

Nice comparison pics, the best ones I have seen so far especially this one.

20170831_225426.jpg

My guess is the ss suit is actually thicker, not only because of the lighter color.
When I receive mine, I will remove the bat suit and see what they have improved on the suit.

View attachment 363055

My guess is the ss suit is actually thicker, not only because of the lighter color.
When I receive mine, I will remove the bat suit and see what they have improved on the suit.

Thank you for turning that pic the right way round. :lol I wish I knew why it turned them sideways. I took that to try and show how it has a little more of a barrel chest and thicker waist, closer to how Affleck looked in the suit. Also if you look at the arms on both it gives a good indication of the different texture and pattern in each suit.

Just a final pic of the SS Bats with Jaxon non wired cape
20170901_015630.jpg

Thank you for turning that pic the right way round. :lol I wish I knew why it turned them sideways. I took that to try and show how it has a little more of a barrel chest and thicker waist, closer to how Affleck looked in the suit. Also if you look at the arms on both it gives a good indication of the different texture and pattern in each suit.

It is quite easy.
You can just use the windows default program called "Paint" to rotate your photo.

I have also heard from another reviewer saying the ss is taller than the bvs. What do you think?

When I receive mine, I will check the pegs as well.

paint.jpg

It is quite easy.
You can just use the windows default program called "Paint" to rotate your photo.

I have also heard from another reviewer saying the ss is taller than the bvs. What do you think?

When I receive mine, I will check the pegs as well.

When I look at the pics on my PC they are the right way round though :lol it's only when I upload them here they suddenly turn sideways.

Any idea how to resize pics so they don't come out quite so huge when posted?

I've had both figures side by side and they are the same height. Pegs look the same. In an odd way the thicker thighs create the illusion of his legs being more stumpy so those longer pegs some have tried are probably more needed here than the BvS figure.

When I look at the pics on my PC they are the right way round though :lol it's only when I upload them here they suddenly turn sideways.

Any idea how to resize pics so they don't come out quite so huge when posted?

I've had both figures side by side and they are the same height. Pegs look the same. In an odd way the thicker thighs create the illusion of his legs being more stumpy so those longer pegs some have tried are probably more needed here than the BvS figure.

Thanks for the confirmation. I see no reason HT wants to make this ss batman taller.

The resize function is right above the rotate function in my photo. :)

I have the same cape on my bvs batman, but the same cape looks a lot nicer on Jaxon's batman because he has muscle mods. lol

Thanks for rotating the pic, tlwtw! I love this comparison pic from sj2106. Love how the SS Batman's abdominals are also sticking out (and his arms appear to be bigger than the BvS version's, but could be an illusion by the suit and being part-obscured by the cape), it reminds me of the heavily-breathing Batman at the end of the warehouse brawl scene.

Thank you so much for all the pics and sharing your thoughts on the figure, sj! Congrats as well. I'm liking everything I see from your pic, but if I had a nitpick on the SS version it would be the belt that appears to be not as well-rendered as the BvS version. Overall I think either figure is great to have as representation of this fantastic movie suit.

I have one question, if you don't mind? Are the STOCK capes on BvS and SS versions the same material? Thanks and enjoy your figures!

View attachment 363055

Extra padding is subtle, but adds the extra girth to make it closer to Affleck's physique in the movie.

g4ieWN0.jpg

Thanks for rotating the pic, tlwtw! I love this comparison pic from sj2106. Love how the SS Batman's abdominals are also sticking out (and his arms appear to be bigger than the BvS version's, but could be an illusion by the suit and being part-obscured by the cape), it reminds me of the heavily-breathing Batman at the end of the warehouse brawl scene.

Thank you so much for all the pics and sharing your thoughts on the figure, sj! Congrats as well. I'm liking everything I see from your pic, but if I had a nitpick on the SS version it would be the belt that appears to be not as well-rendered as the BvS version. Overall I think either figure is great to have as representation of this fantastic movie suit.

I have one question, if you don't mind? Are the STOCK capes on BvS and SS versions the same material? Thanks and enjoy your figures!

I agree on the belt. The BvS weathered look is more pleasing to me. That and the more pronounced black line around the bat symbol are two things I like better on that figure.

The material on the stock capes do seem similar but much thicker and less paper like on the SS cape. If you display him on the flight stand holding the cape out it's a really awesome cape. I just prefer a non wired cape that drapes nicely when he's standing alongside Supes and Wonder Woman. If you get a custom non wired cape you can just switch them out when you please.

To get the most from this wired cape and flight stand I feel you almost need to take a shelf out (assuming you use detolfs) and have him up as high as he can go with either Deadshot below him or Harley/Joker.

Great pic Remy, that really shows how huge Affleck was in the movie. I know some think he was too buff but for me it's the Batman I've always wanted to see on the big screen. Comic book come to life. More to my tastes than the super sleek Bale Batman.

Yep, check out the 4k video, reviewer demonstrates that it IS a little bit taller too.

Yes, I heard it from him.
A simple 5mm lift makes my bvs batman look alot better in propotion.
I was excited when that reviewer said the ss was taller, but I wonder why HT wants to mess up the scale all of a sudden.

Extra padding is subtle, but adds the extra girth to make it closer to Affleck's physique in the movie.

Indeed, that is why I have been doing lots of homework on the muscle mods for my bvs batman.
This thicker ss batman suit may save me all the trouble.

I'm struggling to see any height difference between them. SS figure on left this time, BvS right with no cape :lol comedy butt exposed.

20170901_040337.jpg

If there is a difference, it's the merest fraction that you wouldn't notice anyway. To make a real difference you'd need to use the longer ankle pegs.

I'm struggling to see any height difference between them. SS figure on left this time, BvS right with no cape :lol comedy butt exposed.

If there is a difference, it's the merest fraction that you wouldn't notice anyway. To make a real difference you'd need to use the longer ankle pegs.

SS looks a tiny bit taller in pics. lol

Why don't you swap out their cowls? No one has done it yet. EDIT: you did that already....

SS looks a tiny bit taller in pics. lol

Why don't you swap out their cowls? No one has done it yet. EDIT: you did that already....

You have a better eye than me. I'll get a spirit level out tomorrow. :lol

No I haven't swapped the cowls out. I just took the non wired cape off the BvS cowl and put it on the SS cowl and figure.

View attachment 363072

Exactly what im doing with my ss batman. I hate wired capes.

You have a better eye than me. I'll get a spirit level out tomorrow. :lol

No I haven't swapped the cowls out. I just took the non wired cape off the BvS cowl and put it on the SS cowl and figure.

Thanks for posting all the info in details. Your efforts are highly appreciated.

I agree on the belt. The BvS weathered look is more pleasing to me. That and the more pronounced black line around the bat symbol are two things I like better on that figure.

The material on the stock capes do seem similar but much thicker and less paper like on the SS cape. If you display him on the flight stand holding the cape out it's a really awesome cape. I just prefer a non wired cape that drapes nicely when he's standing alongside Supes and Wonder Woman. If you get a custom non wired cape you can just switch them out when you please.

To get the most from this wired cape and flight stand I feel you almost need to take a shelf out (assuming you use detolfs) and have him up as high as he can go with either Deadshot below him or Harley/Joker.

Great pic Remy, that really shows how huge Affleck was in the movie. I know some think he was too buff but for me it's the Batman I've always wanted to see on the big screen. Comic book come to life. More to my tastes than the super sleek Bale Batman.

Thanks for the response, buddy. Another one though -- your Jaxon cape, is it the one he describes as "made of softest fabric" or the other one that is "leather-like material"? I have his price list, and I'm not interested to get one for SS Batman as well since I'm planning to get one of his capes for my Batman Returns figure. TIA, man!

Got a conversion! Undecided if I want to keep him since I already have BVS version

Might compare both and sell the one I don't like [emoji848]

Thanks for the response, buddy. Another one though -- your Jaxon cape, is it the one he describes as "made of softest fabric" or the other one that is "leather-like material"? I have his price list, and I'm not interested to get one for SS Batman as well since I'm planning to get one of his capes for my Batman Returns figure. TIA, man!

Mine is the 'BvS Batman movie accurate cape made by the softest fabric'. It looks likes like leather but is very light, soft and drapes nicely. It's how the HT stock cape should have come if you ask me.

hexad_2808 said:
Got a conversion! Undecided if I want to keep him since I already have BVS version

Might compare both and sell the one I don't like

That is what I would do if I were you were. Always better to see them in hand if possible and not like you'll lose money doing it.

Having had a good look at both for 24 hours I'm not absolutely convinced the SS body is any bigger BUT the paint apps certainly make it appear more buff and that's all that matters really. The increased use of that yellowish paint on the abs and other muscle areas make them appear more raised.

The thighs are bigger for sure improving the overall proportions of the figure.

Although the bat symbol still blends in a little too much for my liking there is improved contrast between the cape/cowl and the grey suit.

I wish they'd left the belt alone. The middle buckle looks more plastic like with the heavier paint app compared to the more weathered BvS version. I guess it would be easy to switch them.

Back