1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some awesome pics fellas! :clap Decided to pick this up and should get it sometime next week or so. But man...is driving me crazy that SS version is an improvement over bvs. :lol

Some awesome pics fellas! :clap Decided to pick this up and should get it sometime next week or so. But man...is driving me crazy that SS version is an improvement over bvs. :lol

Congrats on getting one. :clap You won't be disappointed!

Just unboxing mine now, not had time to do much futzing, put him straight on the stand. No way he will fit in a single detolf at full wing span. Just tried and he encroach's about half way into the next detolf window in my cabinet. The grey card is just a temporary measure until I find something more permanent btw :lol the LED reflection from the back of the glass was giving me headaches.

View attachment 362930
View attachment 362929

This figure is now a real dilemma for me. The wired cape is pretty amazing when you have it spread out but I only just got an awesome Jaxon non wired cape that drapes beautifully. Dare I now keep my BvS figure to display using that cape standing with Wonder Woman and Superman and use this figure in a stand alone display. Having two almost identical figure(minus the cape) seems a luxury at the price these things cost.

Regarding the suit colour, the difference isn't as much as I'd hoped. While the grey is a little lighter the bat symbol on his chest is also lighter and the outline of it is not as pronounced as on my BvS figure meaning the contrast between the two isn't much different. Just a minor nitpick of course, both are truly awesome figures.

Sorry for the long post. :lol

Grats on getting your SS Batman.
So, would you say, the difference then is minute?
Is it possible to take a pic of your two Batman?

Cause I want to get a custom cape, so it makes more sense for me to just keep the BvS Batman.
It kinda defeats the purpose of me keeping the SS if I decide to get a custom cape.

Creasy made some comparison pics, and although he was able to make some nice pics with the cape, honestly, I feel like the custom
capes still look better.
So I need a few more examples to make up my mind on which one to keep.

In your opinion, is the SS a must have over the BvS?

Grats on getting your SS Batman.
So, would you say, the difference then is minute?
Is it possible to take a pic of your two Batman?

Cause I want to get a custom cape, so it makes more sense for me to just keep the BvS Batman.
It kinda defeats the purpose of me keeping the SS if I decide to get a custom cape.

Creasy made some comparison pics, and although he was able to make some nice pics with the cape, honestly, I feel like the custom
capes still look better.
So I need a few more examples to make up my mind on which one to keep.

In your opinion, is the SS a must have over the BvS?

Not sure I could say it a must over the BvS, depends on what price you can get them both for I guess. There are differences outside the cape but, to my eye at least, they are subtle. The grey appears only a touch lighter and there is more of that gold colour in the suit. Whether mine has a defect I don't know but you can see clearly the black outline around the bat symbol is less pronounced on the SS figure and offsets some of the contrast gain the lighter grey brings.

The material looks a little more matte and rough where the BvS suit appears smoother.

The middle buckle of the utility belt is more of a solid gold and less weathered than the BvS version. All the segments of the belt look nearly identical.

The cowl is undeniably better regarding the tab not sticking out. I believe there are fixes for that but it's good not to have the hassle. SS cowl seems to reflect a little less light back to but probably varies a lot between figures.

Might just be my eyes :lol but the thighs look improved. Just a better proportion to them. The abs stand out more on the SS figure also. He looks more barrel chested but again that might just be a result of the different paint apps.

With the cape extended he does look pretty awesome and the cape works well. In a standing pose I hate working with the cape, but it's an easy swap for any of the great non wired custom capes out there or the better wired capes.

Sorry for the bad pics, no DSLR camera here and lack of daylight doesn't help. BvS figure on left, SS figure on right in all pics.

20170831_234449.jpg
20170831_232206.jpg
20170831_225426.jpg

:gah: Damn! I just knew one of them would come out sideways.

Is there an easy way to flip it back round?

Definitely lighter grey in those pictures. Awesome. Thanks for the pictures for confirmation.

I wouldn't go that far and probably more about not having a proper camera. :lol The belt does look cheaper though, I prefer the weathering on the BvS one.

Overall SS figure is slightly better proportioned and a more screen accurate colour but it's not a dramatic difference by any means.

To anyone who has the chance to get the SS figure for a reasonable price I'd say do it. Compare both in hand and sell the one you like least. If it costs $400 or whatever I wouldn't bother though, the upgrade isn't worth a premium and it's easy to get a wired cape for the BvS figure.

Ill try them in daylight tomorrow, always more revealing than artificial light.

Not sure I could say it a must over the BvS, depends on what price you can get them both for I guess. There are differences outside the cape but, to my eye at least, they are subtle. The grey appears only a touch lighter and there is more of that gold colour in the suit. Whether mine has a defect I don't know but you can see clearly the black outline around the bat symbol is less pronounced on the SS figure and offsets some of the contrast gain the lighter grey brings.

The material looks a little more matte and rough where the BvS suit appears smoother.

The middle buckle of the utility belt is more of a solid gold and less weathered than the BvS version. All the segments of the belt look nearly identical.

The cowl is undeniably better regarding the tab not sticking out. I believe there are fixes for that but it's good not to have the hassle. SS cowl seems to reflect a little less light back to but probably varies a lot between figures.

Might just be my eyes :lol but the thighs look improved. Just a better proportion to them. The abs stand out more on the SS figure also. He looks more barrel chested but again that might just be a result of the different paint apps.

With the cape extended he does look pretty awesome and the cape works well. In a standing pose I hate working with the cape, but it's an easy swap for any of the great non wired custom capes out there or the better wired capes.

Sorry for the bad pics, no DSLR camera here and lack of daylight doesn't help. BvS figure on left, SS figure on right in all pics.

View attachment 363012
View attachment 363013
View attachment 363014

Thank you very much man for the comparison pics.
You've helped make up my mind on which one to keep.
I can definitely definitely see the difference on your pics. The contrast to the suit is apparent which is what I'm looking for.
I also love the yellowish tint of the suit also cause its supposed to be grungy.

I guess the only thing I need to wait and see is if the cape is something that I would love once I get it in hand.
But the way its looking right now, I think eventually, I'm gonna want a custom cape. Which is ironic cause that's why I PO'ed this in the first place.

Thanks again man for the comparison pics, really appreciate it. :duff

I can definitely definitely see the difference on your pics. The contrast to the suit is apparent which is what I'm looking for.
I also love the yellowish tint of the suit also cause its supposed to be grungy.

I guess the only thing I need to wait and see is if the cape is something that I would love once I get it in hand.
But the way its looking right now, I think eventually, I'm gonna want a custom cape. Which is ironic cause that's why I PO'ed this in the first place.

No worries, glad to help. Sorry I don't have a proper camera to these figures justice.

As I said I think this cape is great when used to its potential and spread wide but pretty average if you want it closer to his body. From what I've seen Jaxon and unreal toys wired capes are more versatile.

Just curious, would you be going for a custom wired or non wired cape?

So who you going keep? lol

View attachment 363012
View attachment 363013
View attachment 363014

Those are awesome comparison shots SJ and I appreciate your unbiased take on both. You didn't exaggerate or understate either figs pros or cons. I would never have even noticed some things like that outline on the symbol!

And while maybe the rest is paint apps there is no doubt that his quads are bigger. In that last pics do his abs actually stick out that much more from the side or is it just the angle or paint?

Mine has been delivered too... just gotta wait till I get back tomorrow...

So who you going keep? lol

Pretty sure he meant the SS as he said he was looking for the contrast in the suit, as well as the yellowish tint!

No worries, glad to help. Sorry I don't have a proper camera to these figures justice.

As I said I think this cape is great when used to its potential and spread wide but pretty average if you want it closer to his body. From what I've seen Jaxon and unreal toys wired capes are more versatile.

Just curious, would you be going for a custom wired or non wired cape?

I'm fairly certain I want a wired cape. Which again, is stupid cause the wired cape on this figure is what made me PO this figure in the first place. lol.
Right now, I was able to futz the cape real well on my repainted BvS figure so I'm content for now. If I do decide to get another cape for that, I may just get a non wired.

What are your thoughts on Jaxon's cape?

Those are awesome comparison shots SJ and I appreciate your unbiased take on both. You didn't exaggerate or understate either figs pros or cons. I would never have even noticed some things like that outline on the symbol!

And while maybe the rest is paint apps there is no doubt that his quads are bigger. In that last pics do his abs actually stick out that much more from the side or is it just the angle or paint?

Mine has been delivered too... just gotta wait till I get back tomorrow...

Pretty sure he meant the SS as he said he was looking for the contrast in the suit, as well as the yellowish tint!

Thank you. :duff

I do think they stick out a bit more, he looks and feels a little bigger around the chest, waist. Possibly more round shouldered to but it's minor. The biggest improvement for me, apart from the tab not sticking out, is the quads as you said. Just makes his legs look a little better proportioned to his body.

Overall the improvements make it a better figure but I wouldn't want to give the impression it's night and day better or anything as drastic as that.

I'm fairly certain I want a wired cape. Which again, is stupid cause the wired cape on this figure is what made me PO this figure in the first place. lol.
Right now, I was able to futz the cape real well on my repainted BvS figure so I'm content for now. If I do decide to get another cape for that, I may just get a non wired.

What are your thoughts on Jaxon's cape?

I suck at posing these things, I'm sure you'll get more from the cape than me but I find it a pain when trying to achieve a more neutral look with it closer to his sides.

The Jaxon cape I have is non wired. I'm very impressed it. It sits nicely on his shoulders without having to be constantly pushed flat like the stock, drapes beautifully and the folds are very movie accurate. Not 100% of the material but it feels soft to the touch while having an authentic cracked leather appearance. I suppose a minor flaw as far as screen accuracy goes is the lack of weathering at the bottom of the cape but that's not a big deal to me.

I suck at posing these things, I'm sure you'll get more from the cape than me but I find it a pain when trying to achieve a more neutral look with it closer to his sides.

The Jaxon cape I have is non wired. I'm very impressed it. It sits nicely on his shoulders without having to be constantly pushed flat like the stock, drapes beautifully and the folds are very movie accurate. Not 100% of the material but it feels soft to the touch while having an authentic cracked leather appearance. I suppose a minor flaw as far as screen accuracy goes is the lack of weathering at the bottom of the cape but that's not a big deal to me.

Thanks man. Yes, Jaxon's cape looks nice on your pics. Been tempted many times to pull the trigger.
As far as non wired cape, I think his cape might be the best. I do love the way it drapes.

I am not looking forward to futzing that stock SS cape. lol
I'm very an@l at futzing figures, and not unusual sometimes, to literally sit there for hours futzing til I'm happy of the pose.

They should include two capes on figures with cape. One wired and another not. But that makes too much sense for them.

Back