1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to wait for a few weeks until I get some more RPs to use, then I remembered there was a coupon code on the ant-man shipper... Done. It's gonna be a long year, but at least we'll probably have Hulkbuster by then. :lol

Does come with a lot more than most armors nowadays tho...

I def wanna get Whiplash now...what's the going rate for him?

I'm afraid the price is pretty much standard now for the die-cast Iron Men. I think the last one close to $300 was MkIII. 43, 45, 46, VI, WM1 are all in the mid 300s... so the price really isn't a suprise.

I'm afraid the price is pretty much standard now for the die-cast Iron Men. I think the last one close to $300 was MkIII. 43, 45, 46, VI, WM1 are all in the mid 300s... so the price really isn't a suprise.

I understand a lot of people like the diecast figures and will pay a premium for them. But I think some of the best plastic figures look just as good (Shotgun for example) and can be purchased for $60-$100 less. at $350 a pop, I have to think really long and hard before I purchase a diecast figure.

For me personally I'm not counting out the possibility of a purchase, as it is still a year+ away, and likely a few months after my VI, but the price of the die-cast is now at the point where I'm hit with customs charges, so I have to think pretty hard about any that I do purchase... they are almost twice the price of a standard MCU figure for me..

I understand a lot of people like the diecast figures and will pay a premium for them. But I think some of the best plastic figures look just as good (Shotgun for example) and can be purchased for $60-$100 less. at $350 a pop, I have to think really long and hard before I pick one of those up.

I like bones and starboost. I like the way the Shotgun's helmet lights work. Is that now the standard for Iron Man figures?

I understand a lot of people like the diecast figures and will pay a premium for them. But I think some of the best plastic figures look just as good (Shotgun for example) and can be purchased for $60-$100 less. at $350 a pop, I have to think really long and hard before I purchase a diecast figure.

I'll pay a premium for improvements, die-cast or no. I own the original MKV, but this one is clearly rebuilt from the ground up to be the superior version, properly proportioned, extra articulated, better paint etc. That's where I justify the cost.

Spotted the breaking "announcement" of it on Facebook before. You'd have to bet on diecast (upgrade) remakes of all the original 7 now. That's III, V and VI down. II is just a matter of time considering III has been done... It'll be a show exclusive or something no doubt..

Yeah, but the Mark III is ****, so I hope they do that one over, again!

Beautiful figure...
16403339_10154187254187344_9106093851051083000_o.jpg
I think I'll have to pass though. I'm all ready on the fence with the 46 so if I splurge past what it already in my plans I think it will go to that. Also, the V was designed partly as a nod to the "Silver Centurion" armor and I think the Mk33 captures that better. I might try to pick up the suitcase when it gets parted out though :) Also, I am wondering how the Stark Sculpt will turn out, that might be something worth picking up too.

Anyway, curious about the height. The proportions do look better now. Now that we have this pic of the new and old version I wonder if anyone has any pics of the old MkV with some newer taller figures like Cap or one of the modern armors as a way to reference the height of the new figure?
16472788_10154187254062344_2350209964252304589_n.jpg

Back