1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take my money Hot Toys! I have been waiting for this one! I was late to the IM collecting game, missed this one first time around!

You didn't miss much, the old mkv was my very 1st hot toys iron man. It seemed cool at 1st due to movie nostalgia and the fact it was the 1st iron man i got to hold in my hands. After a while though it just felt cheap, didn't pose well due to it's design, changing the bd parts (at least for me) was a ***** and it BROKE! Seriously i went to switch hands one day and the whole wrist came out with it. I had to glue it back and in place and after a while i just ended up putting in storage. My 1st truly great iron man was the mk33.

Just realised that this figure comes with a standard-style base like other non-diecast figures.

Is it strong enough to support the weight of a diecast figure? Wondering if anyone who owns the AoU War Machine Mark II can provide some sort of feedback as to the stability of the standard stands?

I use regular stands for all my DC figures becuase i don't have space for the big bases they come with and have not had any issues

Just realised that this figure comes with a standard-style base like other non-diecast figures.

Is it strong enough to support the weight of a diecast figure? Wondering if anyone who owns the AoU War Machine Mark II can provide some sort of feedback as to the stability of the standard stands?

I have most of my DC Iron Man figures on a regular crotch grabber stands and I haven't had any issues. I've had my MK 42 on one since it was released.

Just imagine the MK2 in Diecast...:drool

That thing will be beautiful :)

I have the MMS 340 version of the Mark 42 and it comes with a basic civil war type stand, and while my figure hasn't taken a tumble yet, I suspect it's more to do with how it's balanced than the stand.

The stand doesn't even come out to the front of his crotch. The rubber nubs are basically cradling his taint. I've got no faith in it.

They should have included the clamped waist grabber instead.

I have the MMS 340 version of the Mark 42 and it comes with a basic civil war type stand, and while my figure hasn't taken a tumble yet, I suspect it's more to do with how it's balanced than the stand.

The stand doesn't even come out to the front of his crotch. The rubber nubs are basically cradling his taint. I've got no faith in it.

They should have included the clamped waist grabber instead.

That's actually what was holding me back from wanting to get the WM..although there has yet to be a report of the figure falling due to the stand, it still baffles me why HT didn't just use the standard waist / under-crotch support for their diecast figures..

****. ****. ****. ****. I had to go and say, under the impression that this was a suit of the bygone era, verbatim "Mark 43 and Shotgun are the only Iron Man suits I'll get, but I really would love to own the suitcase suit."

I had to say it.

I'm not particularly fond of this armour, but I think from the looks of it that Hot Toys have remade it extremely well and now I want it haha. I think it's also the uniqueness of it, I think for the most part a lot of the Iron Man armours don't look unique or great, but this one has that quality, also that sideways bend on a Iron Man! Gawd, perfect.

Haven't posted on this site in awhile but I had to sign in and say thanks to Hot Toys for making this. This is easily my favorite armor and an immediate preorder. It looks incredible

It looks decent but I need cut down on spending and practice self control so no buy for me. I will also most likely be selling a few of my iron man figures too.

Back