1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because they released the same armor four times with different paint? They already released a grey and silver Mk2 for IM3, with Patriot and Hot Rod. The latest Mk 2 with slightly shinier paint and a sculpt is the most expensive iteration of the same figure. Most people that wanted it probably already had it.

The next year! Thats what got me. Huge fan of WM, but I didn't see the need to buy the figure again the following year. Guessing alot of people felt that way which is why it has struggled to sell out. Well, that and the fact that its announcement plummeted the aftermarket prices of the D03 making it look even better.

So what happened to the first Iron Man Mark V, was it accidentally shorter and now they fixed that ?

Also, will anyone be selling there old Iron Man Mark V ?

So what happened to the first Iron Man Mark V, was it accidentally shorter and now they fixed that ?

Also, will anyone be selling there old Iron Man Mark V ?

It was just shorter due to the way they were built at that time, wasn't really an accident.

If your talking the old MK3, 4, 5, etc i can understand that but newer ones like sneaky, shotgun, star boost, heartbreaker, etc are great.

I'm with you. I have 8 diecast figures - only one makes my top 5. That's the Mark 45. The other ones in my top 5 are Shotgun, Starboost, Disco (love the paint), and Striker. and I paid $250 or less for each of those. The Mark 45 was almost $100 more. And to me, it's not $100 better because it's got diecast.

On a side note, just got to say Sneaky looks really cool there. I collect way to many other things to have collected any of the specialty armors, but two I sometimes wish I had were Sneaky and Starboost.

Here are a couple of pics. Let me know if there's anything else your interested in seeing it next to in case I have that figure.

DSC02287.jpgDSC02289.jpg
Thanks, I think these pics combined with Hot Toy's comparison pic gives us a good idea of how tall he is compared to other figures we might have.
16472788_10154187254062344_2350209964252304589_n.jpg

Much improved

Oh, no question about that. I wonder how this ranks among what would be considered the most improved figures over previous versions ever made? (Keeping it inside improvements done by the same company)

It does look a lot more like the film colors, based on those pics. But you never know exactly how it will turn out when it's finished especially with paint. It's entirely possible that the paint gets mixed a bit different (insanely easy to do and super hard to match exactly) or they use a different brand/pigments due to a variety of reasons. And it's the paint that is what changes the look most. It would look just a shiny and chrome if it where all plastic with that paint on it. In fact most of it is still plastic (the prototype could be 100% plastic actually because until its approved for production they won't make to tooling and the parts will all be printed or cast)

So chances are the figure in the photos is all plastic. But even if it's not most of it is. So far hot toys hasn't gotten over 40-50% diecast in any figure.

I'm with you. I have 8 diecast figures - only one makes my top 5. That's the Mark 45. The other ones in my top 5 are Shotgun, Starboost, Disco (love the paint), and Striker. and I paid $250 or less for each of those. The Mark 45 was almost $100 more. And to me, it's not $100 better because it's got diecast.

This/\/\

I have 43 armors ( 9 Die cast ). I love them all, but other than the feel and weight in hand, you can't tell a difference once displayed. I guess its partially a matter of personal preference. I'd rather them all be plastic and $100 cheaper.

I'm happy paying the extra for Diecast just to have them feel a bit better in hand. Since you're buying premium figures you might as well go the whole way and have a nice feel to match the looks.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm happy paying the extra for Diecast just to have them feel a bit better in hand. Since you're buying premium figures you might as well go the whole way and have a nice feel to match the looks.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yep. It's all about personal preference, and don't let anyone try and influence you otherwise as to what you like.

Exactly. Unfortunately there are a few in here who try to force their own derogatory views onto others.

THAT'S NOT TRUE! YOU TAKE THAT BACK! PLASTIC IS BETTER THAN DIECAST! DIECAST IS OVERPRICED! blah, blah, blah, grumble, grumble, grumble. ;)
This is coming from a guy who's only passing on the most expensive armors. I'm buying all the armors I can, plastic or diecast.
I agree though. Some people on the forum will jump down your throat if you like what they don't, or don't like what they do. Who cares? It's my money and I'll spend it like an oil rig worker if I want. If you don't know what that means, it means this... an oil rig worker will work for 3 months straight before getting a huge paycheck and some time off. Then he'll go into town and spend half his earnings on cheap booze and loose women. The remaining half, he'll just blow. :D
Ryan

THAT'S NOT TRUE! YOU TAKE THAT BACK! PLASTIC IS BETTER THAN DIECAST! DIECAST IS OVERPRICED! blah, blah, blah, grumble, grumble, grumble. ;)
This is coming from a guy who's only passing on the most expensive armors. I'm buying all the armors I can, plastic or diecast.
I agree though. Some people on the forum will jump down your throat if you like what they don't, or don't like what they do. Who cares? It's my money and I'll spend it like an oil rig worker if I want. If you don't know what that means, it means this... an oil rig worker will work for 3 months straight before getting a huge paycheck and some time off. Then he'll go into town and spend half his earnings on cheap booze and loose women. The remaining half, he'll just blow. :D
Ryan

:rotfl:rotfl

Insensitive collector, you. lol....

Ryan

Haha too true!

Back