1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah c'mon guys this suit is WAY cooler than mk46. And as for the height reference, why bother? The new diecast series and all future IM's besides the mk3 2.0 are significantly bigger than the old ones. The pic above shows just how anorexic the old IM's really were. I finally got my wish, the mkv in DIECAST with chrome. I can die happy with this and the upcoming mk6 dc.

I would get it if Hot Toys would stop cranking out so much stuff. With what's coming in the next few years it's impossible for me to squeeze this in. Cool figure though.

Which die cast figures have sold out fast? Most are still available and I think the 43 is the only one that sold out before it was shipped.

The IM2 War Machine, though the most expensive of the lot, is already sold out at most places i think

This figure is super tempting to me. I said I was going to stop with IM2 War Machine, Mark VI, and the Mark VII, but I always really liked this armor. If they release a race track Tony with an open suitcase accessory, like posted a few pages back, I think I would get both of them.

The IM2 War Machine, though the most expensive of the lot, is already sold out at most places i think

WM1 is one of those variations everyone seems to want though. They've been chucking holiday specials at the Mark II WM left, right and centre.. bringing it down to more a non-die-cast figure price range for months now.. Funnily enough the Mark III is now waitlisted. I wonder why the II hasn't been as popular?

Well, ****. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm tempted to sell my Mark IV and use the money towards this. I hate the price, but this suit has always been one of my favorites and this looks much better than the original.

Was always a fan of the Mark V, but never got the plastic version as it felt cheap and a bit outdated when I began collecting 3 years ago. This die-cast version is amazing however! Love those articulated armor flaps at the legs and chest

Ah c'mon guys this suit is WAY cooler than mk46.
lol, well that's kinda subjective. I can appreciate why the Mk V is the favorite of others though, it does look cool.

But as cool as it is, it's just not on my must haves with everything else coming out both with Marvel and Star Wars and a few miscellaneous figures I plan on getting. The 46 for me isn't really a priority either, but I am tempted because it is based off the bleeding edge armor in the comics. But I have a limted Iron Man collection with just the DC MkIII, the Mk33, WarMachine Mk 2 (which will be sold when my Mk3 comes in) and the DC Mk 6 on pre-order. Not sure how much more I'll get when it comes to IM, though like I said the 46 is tempting, and thinking about getting a 42 on aftermarket, but I'm not that pressed.

And as for the height reference, why bother? The new diecast series and all future IM's besides the mk3 2.0 are significantly bigger than the old ones.

yea, I know the scale has been tweaked up some overall, I am just curious how tall it will be next to modern figures for the sake of curiosity, not as a factor in getting it or not.

I finally got my wish, the mkv in DIECAST with chrome. I can die happy with this and the upcoming mk6 dc.

lol, very happy you got your wish :lol I'm looking forward to the mk6 dc too - but don't die any time soon - live a while more and enjoy the figures :wink1:

I would get it if Hot Toys would stop cranking out so much stuff. With what's coming in the next few years it's impossible for me to squeeze this in. Cool figure though.

I understand your meaning, but I'll say it anyways. What do you expect from Hot Toys? They're a toy company. They make toys. That's how they stay in business. What do you want them to make, carburetors? ;) Perhaps it's really YOUR fault? You want all the stuff they make. :D
Ryan

Tony Stark bodies, heads, and race suits are usually available on ebay. Sometimes, so are the suit cases. I got a suit case for a decent price on ebay to add to my tables.
Ryan

WM1 is one of those variations everyone seems to want though. They've been chucking holiday specials at the Mark II WM left, right and centre.. bringing it down to more a non-die-cast figure price range for months now.. Funnily enough the Mark III is now waitlisted. I wonder why the II hasn't been as popular?

Because they released the same armor four times with different paint? They already released a grey and silver Mk2 for IM3, with Patriot and Hot Rod. The latest Mk 2 with slightly shinier paint and a sculpt is the most expensive iteration of the same figure. Most people that wanted it probably already had it.

yea, I know the scale has been tweaked up some overall, I am just curious how tall it will be next to modern figures for the sake of curiosity, not as a factor in getting it or not.

Here are a couple of pics. Let me know if there's anything else your interested in seeing it next to in case I have that figure.

DSC02287.jpgDSC02289.jpg

Feel bad for SS collectors that paid premium for a beta version. I stopped buying any plastic Iron Man after the first die cast was announced.

Tony Stark bodies, heads, and race suits are usually available on ebay. Sometimes, so are the suit cases. I got a suit case for a decent price on ebay to add to my tables.
Ryan

That is how i made my racetrack tony, Pieces and parts from here and there. Even picked up the suitcase but i would love a partially opened suitcase.

Feel bad for SS collectors that paid premium for a beta version. I stopped buying any plastic Iron Man after the first die cast was announced.

Your missing out on some great pieces. I have all the DC IM figs and my top 5 are still plastic figures. The DC figs are mostly plastic anyway but i just like the suites that have come out in 100% plastic more. But this and the DC MK 6 could break into the top 5 when they come out.

That is how i made my racetrack tony, Pieces and parts from here and there. Even picked up the suitcase but i would love a partially opened suitcase.

Your missing out on some great pieces. I have all the DC IM figs and my top 5 are still plastic figures. The DC figs are mostly plastic anyway but i just like the suites that have come out in 100% plastic more. But this and the DC MK 6 could break into the top 5 when they come out.
I don't know man, it's not the fact that the DC figures have some sort of metal on them, but their scale is so well proportioned compared to their plastic counterparts (See example, Mark V, War Machine 1 and possibly the Mark IV)

It's to be expected tbh. These things will evolve, overtime.

If your talking the old MK3, 4, 5, etc i can understand that but newer ones like sneaky, shotgun, star boost, heartbreaker, etc are great.

Back