1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks FB80! Is the idea that Hot Toys are going to upscale any DC releases moving forward (aside from Mark 3)?

I think so.
Because despite RDJ is visibly lower as an actor than the others, when wearing the armor in the film appears at least as high Cap or thor, so I think they wanted to improve the proportions. In fact with thor in 32 cm high and Cap civil war 31.5, mark 3 armor diecast was actually small.

I only have 4 Iron Men: 1, 5, 6 and 45. Iron Man minimalist.

But this looks excellent. Very tempted to upgrade my line-up. Getting a die-cast Mk 1 is a definite. They can finally fix the height there too.

I only have 4 Iron Men: 1, 5, 6 and 45. Iron Man minimalist.

But this looks excellent. Very tempted to upgrade my line-up. Getting a die-cast Mk 1 is a definite. They can finally fix the height there too.

More Iron Men than me, I only have 6, 43 and 45 and my 43 is in storage.

I think so.
Because despite RDJ is visibly lower as an actor than the others, when wearing the armor in the film appears at least as high Cap or thor, so I think they wanted to improve the proportions. In fact with thor in 32 cm high and Cap civil war 31.5, mark 3 armor diecast was actually small.
To keep the correct leg and torso proportions they had to increase the size a bit overall with the added articulation. The crotch sections on the DC models are not granny pantie type where they extend up into the torso and the hip joints are much bulkier internally and they have added torso articulation so that adds size.

The mk3 is supposed to be the smallest suit. It should be noticeably smaller. The film makers discussed this as did the suit designers.

The different suits are not supposed to identical in size. The 4/6 should be and the 2/3 should be. But there's no reason the mk33 and 5 should be the same so no reason the figures should be expected to be same size. (I know you didn't mention it but I've seen it brought up a couple times that the DC figures won't match the plastic etc..) if you just throw on two different brand shoes you are likely to be 1/2 inch to an inch different in height, so a full body metal suit made years apart (in the films) with different purposes should be fine if it's a not the same height as another.

Last edited:
I have IV, VI, VII, Igor, Starboost, Heartbreaker, Silver Centurion, IX, XLIII, and have XLVI on preorder. Will preorder V die cast too I think. Now I have to fish my Whiplash out of storage...

Last edited:
With IM, the suits changing each film is part of the appeal I think. Pretty smart for marketing toys. A little different from other costumed super heroes I think. With cap for instance, his outfit has only had very minor subtle differences since The Winter Soldier film.

Seems like a missed opportunity not to release a racetrack Tony with this figure no? Coulda been a double-set like Batman/Bruce Wayne, Robocop/Alex Murphy.

And then add this as a side piece to the racetrack Tony ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

Agreed. I own the original and I would've purchased two of the DC versions, but the included accessories simply do not warrant a second purchase of this DC armor...

In addition, the base is terrible. If they're not going to include a decent diorama base, than I would much prefer a basic HT stand, which should be included with every figure that sports a diorama base anyway...

I'd have thought if any of the early suits had less (canon) bulk, it would be the V anyway.. as it was a special purpose back up suit designed to fold up into a suitcase without all the artillery of say the VII.

Gotta say looking at the pic of the original figures, it is amazing how far HT have come when you look at the 43, 45 and marketing shots of the 46 and VIdc..

Getting a die-cast Mk 1 is a definite. They can finally fix the height there too.

Height is about the only thing there is to fix on the 2.0 version though, it's so good otherwise that I would be reluctant to replace. I just pose it next to the diecast mk 3. See no height issues:). And imo the two most iconic armors side by side.

I have no complaints about the 2.0 MK 1 never even noticed a height issue (i have it on the diorama base) so i doubt i would be interested much in a 3.0. If they make it they would have to make the base body have weight to it as there is not much to the armor itself.

Back