1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New to 1/6 scale collecting so this might be a dumb question but approx how long would it be until sideshow starts shipping these?
It's about 6 weeks for Sideshow to get them, then however long it takes for them to ship it to you. I always get mine 5 business days after they bill me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I ordered the EX. I don't hate the new knees but I wish they would have included a switch out lower torso with fully sculpted non-posable legs.

yes because thats something they have always offered and would have of course thought to include :slap

HT has done sculpted, non posable legs on some Iron Man products where the knees are fully detailed in an action pose. So it's not unprecedented.

On a figure like this where some collectors want to pose and some want higher realism it's not a crazy idea to offer interchangeable limbs like an alternate head sculpt.

It didn't stop me from ordering. I just pointed out it would be a nice feature.

Welcome to SSF. Your attitude is off to a great start.

Yeah plus look at what they just did with the WW figure, so it's not far fetched to believe that they would have done something special for Harley. I bet if the movie was a smash hit, this wouldn't have been what was finally offered. Ala WW has undergone a good deal of redevelopment.

Honestly, they didn't really even need to overhaul the knees. I'm not sure who was freaking out about them, but this is one instance where I wish Hot Toys didn't cave in to the complaints and retool the figure.

It paid off for the BvS Bats... but in this case, I think a tighter, more crisp sculpt could have made the knee joints simply look like, well... a knee, especially underneath whatever they used for the fishnets.

What they ended up going with is waaaay more obvious of a joint, in my opinion.

Honestly, they didn't really even need to overhaul the knees. I'm not sure who was freaking out about them, but this is one instance where I wish Hot Toys didn't cave in to the complaints and retool the figure.

It paid off for the BvS Bats... but in this case, I think a tighter, more crisp sculpt could have made the knee joints simply look like, well... a knee, especially underneath whatever they used for the fishnets.

What they ended up going with is waaaay more obvious of a joint, in my opinion.

Yeah, honestly I hate that they changed it. This style of joint kinda works at 6" scale, but not so much at 12". The problem with the original knees was that they were basically like TT knees. Add a kneecap to the joint itself and it could have looked amazing and would have provided more articulation. Even if they didn't though, I would have been perfectly happy. Unfortunately with these new knees you don't get articulation nor aesthetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope.

I can understand not going with silicon or rubber legs, because of the tats, but I'm kinda bummed about the alteration. Not to mention, I believe it's throwing off her proportions now.

Also, the way this new joint works, I'm wondering how well the fishnet material will hold up against being stretched over the "edge" of said joint over time. Hell, I don't even think I can get her to DO the pose I wanted her in now, (involving one of her lower legs lifting up behind her, as if she were kissing on film), due to the lack of give in the joint.

The knee thing is being blown out of proportion. They are not that bad and do look better then the proto, especially in museum poses which most people are going to put her in anyway. If I wanted a totally seamless figure I couldn't pose, I would just collect statues. She was always going to have exposed joints, the chick is in a t-shirt and hot pants.

I don't think anyone expected seamless? Well, not many anyway. The tattoo issue and all.

There's probably others, like myself, who haven't been keeping up with every change made to this figure and so the knee joints are a little jarring. Especially if you're like some of us and have been dying for a really good Margot Robbie 1/6 anything, lol.

Just to show you that she has all her tattoos. (pictures by Cheng Mo Style) :monkey3

HQ01.jpg

HQ02.jpg

Wonder why I can't see those images on the phone app but can on the web?!?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The body looks good. Looks like it is made with the same material as Han Solo or Bane instead of the softer squishy rubber like Black Widow or Leia.

Wonder why I can't see those images on the phone app but can on the web?!?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I couldn't see them either. Weird.

Back