1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really is!
IMG_7394.jpg

Great pose guys! I want to do that pose but my AOU cap doesn't have that angry sculpt so it looks awkward.

Guys quick question:

The stand pole (the non flexible one) that holds him in place:
For me when I screw it to the base it stops in a position where I can't leverage the natural bent. Should that bent be in such a way that it comes forward so that the top of the pole is "over the base" cause in my case it stops in such a way that it might as well be a straight rod instead of the bent. Basically the bent is on x axis / plane.

Difficult to explain in words. Sorry :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Guys quick question:

For me when I screw it to the base it stops in a position where I can't leverage the natural bent. Should that bent be in such a way that it comes forward so that the top of the pole is "over the base" cause in my case it stops in such a way that it might as well be a straight rod instead of the bent. Basically the bent is on x axis / plane.

Just back it up 1/2 rotation until it's where you want it. :dunno

Guys quick question:

I totally understand what you're saying. Basically when you screw the pole into the stand it is reversed where the pole (and subsequently the clip) holds the figure further back on the base instead of bringing the figure forward.

Yeah you could just not tighten it all the way as Craig Walker stated. It shouldn't have any real impact on the sturdiness when the figure is mounted. But I'd honestly recommend you just unscrew the pole completely and don't worry about over tightening or stripping the threads. As you can see, I've had plenty of experience with all kinds of IM stands (HT & 3rd Party ones) and sometimes you just need to be a bit forceful.

Attachments

• IMG_3060.jpg
    IMG_3060.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 275
^^^ thank you guys! Yes the perfect place for it was like may be 1/4 a turn less and then lock. So was wondering if Mine is unique or is everyone's like that.

Question for you experienced/handy collectors: So I needed to re-glue the magnet to his upper trap armor, and though it's mostly unnoticeable, it doesn't sit completely flush once it's attached to the body, leaving a tiny gap between the trap and the upper right portion of the chest. I'd post a picture but even I know it's kind of ridiculous to be bothered by something practically no one would ever notice, but I notice.... lol.

Long story short, is there any way for me to un-glue the magnet and attempt to redo it? Used Krazy glue btw.

Thanks freaks!

Question for you experienced/handy collectors: So I needed to re-glue the magnet to his upper trap armor, and though it's mostly unnoticeable, it doesn't sit completely flush once it's attached to the body, leaving a tiny gap between the trap and the upper right portion of the chest. I'd post a picture but even I know it's kind of ridiculous to be bothered by something practically no one would ever notice, but I notice.... lol.

Long story short, is there any way for me to un-glue the magnet and attempt to redo it? Used Krazy glue btw.

Thanks freaks!

Thats going to be tough. Krazy glue is pretty tough and would most likely leave a mess or could even break something with it if you crack it off.

Brilliant! Kept putting massive amount of force and it actually locked in at the right angle. It requires quite some force especially cause the rod is slippery. The figure poses great now!

I totally understand what you're saying. Basically when you screw the pole into the stand it is reversed where the pole (and subsequently the clip) holds the figure further back on the base instead of bringing the figure forward.

Yeah you could just not tighten it all the way as Craig Walker stated. It shouldn't have any real impact on the sturdiness when the figure is mounted. But I'd honestly recommend you just unscrew the pole completely and don't worry about over tightening or stripping the threads. As you can see, I've had plenty of experience with all kinds of IM stands (HT & 3rd Party ones) and sometimes you just need to be a bit forceful.

Thanks freaks!

Mine has the same issue as well.

Attachments

• IMG_5756.jpg
    IMG_5756.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 284

Thanks freaks!

I had to un-glue one of the magnets on mine as I put it in backwards. I used a hairdryer to heat it up and then popped it out with a very thin screwdriver. Took a few attempts but it did pop and with no damage luckily. Only issue is the residue left on the magnet so it will have to be scraped off to allow it to lay flush when you glue it back in.

I had to un-glue one of the magnets on mine as I put it in backwards. I used a hairdryer to heat it up and then popped it out with a very thin screwdriver. Took a few attempts but it did pop and with no damage luckily. Only issue is the residue left on the magnet so it will have to be scraped off to allow it to lay flush when you glue it back in.

Thanks for the advice. I may give that a try if I can work up the nerve to take a blow dryer to it. I'd worry about not knowing when it's hot enough and possibly damaging the plastic.

I wonder what sideshow would say/do about the issue.

Laugh at their monitors at work probably. I know some people on here aren't fans of buyers who complain about little things, but for me, now that I've seen it I can't un-see it.

And @Craig Walker - I forgot to say thanks for mentioning I should check to see if my batteries were all making proper contact regarding my light issues. They were, but continued to not work. Then yesterday they've been working with not even so much as a flicker :dunno. I still feel uneasy... for all I know they could permanently not work the day after it's no longer eligible for a return/exchange.

Back