1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

I don't know.. with my war machine mk 1, the back thrusters both had the same connection piece.. this causes one of the thrusters to not flip out completely. It was like a millimeter difference. But sideshow, without issue, sent me an extra thruster. I know this situation is a bit different, but I think it's worth a try.

I wonder what sideshow would say/do about the issue.

I got my ironman and I it came with the tiniest of scratches on the helmet but It also had both shoulder pieces lying loose in the box and one of the wrist missiles loose in the box too so I messaged them
e8398638830612e4509a470ecb169087.jpg

They told me to glue the magnets back on and the missile but they would send a replacement head that would be inspected before being sent and a $15 discount on any of my pre ordered figures
Gotta destroy the head and send photos once the replacement arrives tho-which seems a waste!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it seems the whole quality control department is on a long vacation.:gah: one should expect a little more from hot toys
I got my ironman and I it came with the tiniest of scratches on the helmet but It also had both shoulder pieces lying loose in the box and one of the wrist missiles loose in the box too so I messaged them

They told me to glue the magnets back on and the missile but they would send a replacement head that would be inspected before being sent and a $15 discount on any of my pre ordered figures
Gotta destroy the head and send photos once the replacement arrives tho-which seems a waste!

Couldn't that scratch just pass for part of the battle damage? :dunno

Couldn't that scratch just pass for part of the battle damage? :dunno

Honestly I'd of let it go, but with all the other sloppy issues ( they can't even glue magnets on?) the loose missile, from a higher end price hot toys figure from hot toys I wasn't willing to let it go.
Funny thing is Iv been buying direct from Hong Kong for years as soon as released-owned over 50 figures and never had an issue with one.
This is the 3rd Iv got from sideshow and it's had an issue.

i think that stinks,people pay a lot of money and should get properly finished figures,not some sloppy crap
Honestly I'd of let it go, but with all the other sloppy issues ( they can't even glue magnets on?) the loose missile, from a higher end price hot toys figure from hot toys I wasn't willing to let it go.
Funny thing is Iv been buying direct from Hong Kong for years as soon as released-owned over 50 figures and never had an issue with one.
This is the 3rd Iv got from sideshow and it's had an issue.

The QC issues I've heard with this have honestly kind of put me off getting this one. That's not to say that the Mark 6 or 5 won't have any, but I'm leaning more towards the 6.

That's a great gif! Exactly why too, those extra weapons for the forearms and traps look great.

I decided to try out the lights for 46 for the first time since I got it last week and to my surprise other than the helmet, none of the other lights were turning on.
I thought the problem was the batteries so I went out and got new batteries but still the same thing- all the lights other than the helmet were lighting up. Idk if anyone else has had a similar issue yet. I haven't ever returned or inquired about replacements from Sideshow before, what's the best way to go about that?

I decided to try out the lights for 46 for the first time since I got it last week and to my surprise other than the helmet, none of the other lights were turning on.
I thought the problem was the batteries so I went out and got new batteries but still the same thing- all the lights other than the helmet were lighting up. Idk if anyone else has had a similar issue yet. I haven't ever returned or inquired about replacements from Sideshow before, what's the best way to go about that?

The best way would be to email them... :wink1:

I don't blame you for getting a new head. I tried to live with a very minor scuff on my Rey HS and just couldn't stand it. Ended up buying another HS from Toy Anxiety. The head is the main focal point, if it isn't perfect, always get a new one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

does the head on the power pose look smaller? lol cant get over how big head seems in certain shots of this, HT's wouldnt mess that up would they? :dunno

Just got a note from my retailer telling me it's ready for pick up. This will be my first true Iron Man (not counting WM MKI).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Just set up my Mk46, my first IM, and I'm over the moon with it. I now have the world's coolest nightlight/human Ferrari on my nightstand. :clap

Getting the shoulder, arm and leg panels off was pretty hairy - once the shoulder panels are off you can put them loosely back on and the magnet will hold them roughly in place without having to push them right in to where the very stiff clips engage.

I've just left the arm and leg panels off, as I do like to use the lights. In the pose I'm using, the missing panels aren't too conspicuous.

All of the lights work beautifully, except for his right wrist light. The other lights in his right arm work fine - just not the wrist. I have him close-fisted on that arm and using the wrist missile for now.

Also, the "palm outward" hand for his left arm has no glass element - it's just a bare hole straight through to the wrist peg which really doesn't present the light well. I'm using the "flame" hand on his left arm for now and I really like it - it picks up the wrist light quite well and looks really effective in a dark room.

I'm going to email Sideshow about the above two faults - they replaced the faulty arm on my War Machine Mk3 very quickly so hopefully they can do the same again with these two faulty parts.

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

:yess:

Back