1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure looks great on its own, but next to Captain America he looks emaciated and with the headsculpt the proportions are downright strange. This armor is definitely chunkier than CA on screen, it's not even close.

I guess HT CA is too bulky also which doesn't help. I'm not usually a scale snob but something about these proportions makes the 46 look very toylike, at least in pictures.

This is probably my favorite armor but it's an easy pass at any price close to retail.

It's not just the 46, all the full armored IMs from Hot Toys looks like only a stretched out skeleton would fit in them.

I swore off 1/6 Iron Man since they started making 1/4 Iron Man figures, which have much better proportions ... I preordered this one because I decided to build both CW teams. Kind of bummed because the prototype doesn't look bad as far as being too skinny.

Really hoping they make a 1/4 46 because I really like this armor and it'll look beastly in that scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait to get this. But i may delve into a 1/4 scale myself for the IW armour if they make it in that scale.

I was in love with the MARK XLVI prototype, but i'm torn with the final product. In my view the paint is to glossy and reflective.
Yesterday, I watched Civil War again and it seems a totally different kind of armor, than Hot Toys produced.

When i spend > 350 EUR for a toy I expect it nearly perfect. In my view the Mark XLV is perfect, and all the other suits, too. That's whyI didn't know what to expect when the XLVI arrives for the first time. All the anticipation is gone :-/

Yup. Thinking of selling my 1/6 and just buying 1/4. The armors are more appealing in 1/4 anyways.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would get a this, MK VII and/or War Machine in 1/4 but that would probably be it do to space and i doubt HT would make any other armors i would really like in that scale.

Do they have plans to make WM in 1/4? What determines which figure gets the 1/4 treatment?

Do they have plans to make WM in 1/4? What determines which figure gets the 1/4 treatment?

Well they've made the Iron Man 42,43,45 so its a good bet there is at least another IM coming. Hopefully it's the 46. With All those LEDs it's going to look bad ass. As for anything else, they might release the Vader they've been teasing for years before a WM.

Don't start me on the 1/4 scale Vader. Longest wait EVER! And the 1/4 trooper.

It really does look too glossy in the footage. Sometimes these things don't look on camera as they do in hand, but it seems like it's not screen accruate. A shame, I loved the colours of the prototype.

Not something I would cancel a preorder over, but too bad.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

To be honest I love the colouring. It makes it really stand out and has a high quality-looking finish. Not screen accurate, but oh well.

Yup, oh well. You either like it or your don't. You can probably get it commissioned to be painted if one just really cant get over the minor issue

Yup, oh well. You either like it or your don't. You can probably get it commissioned to be painted if one just really cant get over the minor issue

True. Diecast Robocop is a great parallel. Ppl hated the colouring inaccuracy (and lack of diecast) but it is my #2 figure in my collection.

Sure. Robocop is my favourite piece, but I still wish it had screen accurate colouring. The paintjob here won't significantly affect my enjoyment either. That said, whether this is a "minor" issue is a matter of perspective, really. We're a group of people who collect hyper-expensive dolls; what's minor or major depends on what you want out of it. Generally, when people collect at this price point they're paying to be picky.

Sure. Robocop is my favourite piece, but I still wish it had screen accurate colouring. The paintjob here won't significantly affect my enjoyment either. That said, whether this is a "minor" issue is a matter of perspective, really. We're a group of people who collect hyper-expensive dolls; what's minor or major depends on what you want out of it. Generally, when people collect at this price point they're paying to be picky.

Fair enough. My point was there's really nothing we can do right? Its already out and it's already made. The only thing we can do it have it repainted. It's either the collector buys it or they don't.

I'm thinking their 1/4 will have the better paint job similar to their 42/43/45. Im somehow thinking that's how they steer the die-hard collectors to upgrade to that line.

Fair enough. My point was there's really nothing we can do right? Its already out and it's already made. The only thing we can do it have it repainted. It's either the collector buys it or they don't.

Agreed, it's just unfortunate.

Yes I totally agree. It's all subjective. It's your money and we do pay a lot. You'll always get me vs you perspective debates about figures but in the end it is your pocketbook.

passed on the 45 cuz i thought head looked too small so was waiting on this... but the talk that this ones head is too big and body too skinny has me like :dunno

cuz i totally see that as well now.

I wasn't planning on getting the mk 46, but decided to get it after seeing the head sculpt and battle damaged chest piece. I want to do battle scene pose with CW Cap, Bucky & mk 45. I will use the head sculpt on another armor or a custom Stark. I getting mine from a Sideshow seller so if any thing is wrong with the lights I will keep exchanging it until I get a good one. Thats what happened with the 66 Batman. And if they can't get me a good one then i will ask for a refund.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

can someone tell me which parts are die cast on this? I've watched youtube videos and tried searching this thread but wasn't successful.

Never mind. I just found the answer. this video that says Upper biceps, upper thighs, lower legs and feets are die cast in case anyone else was wondering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBp90E2V8TY

Last edited:
Back