1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
46>45.
I don't know why but 46 just seems more Iron Man-y to me and 45 seems like a generic robotic suit.:dunno

For me it's opposite. 45's helmet looks more aggressive and powerful. 46's helmet's brows makes it looks like a little bit recessive.

On the other hand 45 armor looks more organic. 46 is more robotic like 43.

These are my thoughts though. I'm pretty happy with my 45 and I don't need to buy a 46.

On the other hand I'm a little bit jealous for the head sculpt, the collar and extra forearm missiles. But I never displayed any of my recent HT ironmans (I had 3,7,and 43) withot helmet. So it does not makes me so upset.

For me it's opposite. 45's helmet looks more aggressive and powerful. 46's helmet's brows makes it looks like a little bit recessive.

On the other hand 45 armor looks more organic. 46 is more robotic like 43.

These are my thoughts though. I'm pretty happy with my 45 and I don't need to buy a 46.

On the other hand I'm a little bit jealous for the head sculpt, the collar and extra forearm missiles. But I never displayed any of my recent HT ironmans (I had 3,7,and 43) withot helmet. So it does not makes me so upset.

Same here. I considered selling the 45 recently for the 46 but I really like the organic design of the 45 and I bought one of the Supreme head sculpts with the collar to display him helmetless. It may not be as good as the new 46 head sculpt, but it still looks damn good. It also has a kick ass unique stand that isn't just a re-used version of the dynamic stand.

Part of what turned me off the 46 is all the battery compartments and switches for all the lights, the forearm missiles being very delicate and easy to break, plus some other small QC issues I have seen in reviews. Its a shame they couldn't wire some master switch for all the LEDs in the suit and then just have a separate one for the head.

Next IM for me, the diecast Mark VI. That light up gantry is going to be sweet.

They already did that one and it's one of my favorite armors on my shelf. Would be cool if they actually really used it in a movie.

I guess when I meant "favorite armor", I meant out of all the ones used on screen. I forgot hot toys have made quite a few that haven't been in movies!

I was hoping on them using a space armor in IW, but I guess Thanos is coming to earth, they aren't going to him!

Same. I do wonder what the Mark VI would look like with the Mark IV chest plate though. Can anyone photoshop that? I know the Mark IV is super similar already.

ask and ye shall receive

mark 6.jpg

ask and ye shall receive

View attachment 341279

That looks sweet. I don't mind the triangular arc reactor so much as the silver on the arms. For me too much silver accents. Iron Man should be red & gold (other than the Silver Centurion, one of my favs from the comics, but he's all red & silver). That's why I prefer the MKIV over the MKVI.

The thing about the VI is that I never liked was that it remained "unfinished in Avengers. The silver bits in it make sense in Iron Man 2, since he need the armor thrown together quickly, but he should have been finished for Avengers. Personally, I'd say the Mark III and 43 are the best.

Wow, every review I watch or read, there's quality issues with the figure, knee caps falling off, rocket snapped from alternate forearm plate, unglued magnets, crooked lower chest piece not sitting right with the rest of the body...or the piece just plain broke, lights not lighting properly or at all due to bad wiring, etc. I have it on pre order with sideshow and as much as I love the MK46 design (my absolute favorite suit up to now with the MK 7 and 45 being close seconds) watching all these quality control issues is starting to make me concerned whether I did a good thing or not ordering this. Anyone can confirm not having any qc issues with theirs?

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat as you buddy.... super excited to have this shipped from sideshow, but hella nervous at the same time :gah:

Wow, every review I watch or read, there's quality issues with the figure, knee caps falling off, rocket snapped from alternate forearm plate, unglued magnets, crooked lower chest piece not sitting right with the rest of the body...or the piece just plain broke, lights not lighting properly or at all due to bad wiring, etc. I have it on pre order with sideshow and as much as I love the MK46 design (my absolute favorite suit up to now with the MK 7 and 45 being close seconds) watching all these quality control issues is starting to make me concerned whether I did a good thing or not ordering this. Anyone can confirm not having any qc issues with theirs?

Thanks!

Yeah, the QC issues too make me worry--but fortunately all the ones I've seen have been easy he repairs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yeah, all these issues are annoying but seem to be easily mended. I'm not too worried about it.

What figure doesn't have QC issues lately? All the ones listed seem to be easily reparable. Not too worried.

The glue issues aren't of huge concern. Definitely would be an inconvenience though. What bothers me more is potentially having electronic issues. I would very rarely use the light up feature, but it looks AMAZING with them all on. Props to you guys who can let that stuff slide and still enjoy the figure. But that's not me. It would bother me to know that I couldn't turn them on whenever I wanted no matter how rare an occasion that would be.

That I can understand, also. It would be like having the Ultron Prime figure and the electronics don't work at all to allow him to light up, even if you don't plan on keeping him lit up. Some figures it bothers me, some it doesn't. I think Iron Man figures, it would bother me.

With my ANH Vader, I didn't even bother checking to see if the belt boxes lit up or if the electronic breathing function worked. Not about to strip down a figure just to see if a function that I'm never going to use because I couldn't care less about it, works. And the batteries in the belt boxes are a pain to get in and turn on, so F it.

I also have a Berserker Predator figure where the red laser eye sighting light didn't work out of the box. At first it bummed me out a bit, but I was never going to turn it on anyway and it's just a little red light, so meh, whatever.

Back