1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50d2051a8b8a9fe66372350c503473dc.jpg

I think that this colour scheme is great and a completely faithful film colouring wouldn't be as interesting. Accurate, but maybe wouldn't be as interesting or eye catching. I think the colouring fits well for any Iron Man, film, figure or comic book.

And maybe this is the actual colour. Looks like it based on artwork. The film did seem to have a filter that skewed colours slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will be my second IM figure--the other one I own is WM MKI DC. I never put the batteries in it. To those who have used batteries in these figures, what was your experience like? Are they prone to leakage?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I've had around 7 iron man figures and not one leaked, even my first WMM1.

Thanks for your comments, guys =]

All of mine have leaked. That's the main reason i pulled out of my older figures and don't put them in my new ones.

I wonder if temperature is a factor.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
It's an inherent quality of any battery...anything from car batteries to vibrator batteries.

You never seen a car battery before?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wonder why this keeps having to be repeated!

Personal experience is irrelevant. Sooner or later the batteries in your toys are going to leak.

probably because its not a guarantee that every battery will eventually leak. That is not true. I have toys with the original batteries in them from the 80's that have not leaked. Some actually still work too!

What causes leaks is a variety of conditions like humidity, pressure, heat etc.

With this having been out for a couple of weeks now, I'm surprised that I have yet to see one picture featuring a display that recreates the final fight scene with Cap, Iron Man and Bucky (or at least Iron Man and Cap). Surely I can't be the only one going for this display, or does nobody have all three in hand yet? :lol

With this having been out for a couple of weeks now, I'm surprised that I have yet to see one picture featuring a display that recreates the final fight scene with Cap, Iron Man and Bucky (or at least Iron Man and Cap). Surely I can't be the only one going for this display, or does nobody have all three in hand yet? :lol

There are a bunch on the Facebook photo set.

19cf91e0b1cd61a088d2c54f37abab4a.jpg

69d9838f8488e5251a1f83475cafdee4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

probably because its not a guarantee that every battery will eventually leak. That is not true. I have toys with the original batteries in them from the 80's that have not leaked. Some actually still work too!

What causes leaks is a variety of conditions like humidity, pressure, heat etc.
This is more or less what I'm talking about. I've seen batteries leak after a few months and I've seen batteries be fine years later. While it may be a general truism that all batteries leak, there is such a wide variation in when they leak, and I've never noticed any governing factor.

This is more or less what I'm talking about. I've seen batteries leak after a few months and I've seen batteries be fine years later. While it may be a general truism that all batteries leak, there is such a wide variation in when they leak, and I've never noticed any governing factor.
You can probably find a study online that determines the different variables that causes the leak.

Or...

Just take our word for it and don't put them in.. Already lots of reports of leaking.

Whichever one makes it easier for you. Your choice.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back