1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, can't seem to get a straight answer from you jokers.

Can't tell if it's extreme sarcasm or extreme truth...

:lol

Well I think (emphasis on "I think") what typically happens with figures is they sometimes have a limited release than a larger one and in between that time remedy some QC issues. I can think of a few figures where this was the case: Mark 42 with the easily damaged shoulder joint, Deadpool with the wrist scraping on the hands...

But yeah. Don't quote me on this, but this is my opinion on the whole first, second batch of figure releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes the later batches/versions have sculpts with better paint apps that look more accurate, better glued parts, more of a certain thing, less of a certain thing, etc.

You can think of Hong Kong as the guinea pigs. They're also so close to Secret Base/Hot Toys that quality is reported fairly quickly.

Delays to shipping to other countries happen to remedy the issue if it's widespread.

For the collector, just be patient.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The early batch of Mark 42's shoulders were breaking, but the later batch that went worldwide had a modified shoulder & no widespread issues. So it does happen.

Glue time!
67379a7a1ba2751fb05f00c46de996f2.jpg

Man I love this figure so much that I enjoy glueing this thing just as if I were actually repairing a mark.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Are those shoulder parts? There's a magnet on each piece, meant to be removable?

Are those shoulder parts? There's a magnet on each piece, meant to be removable?

The shoulder pads were loose out of the box and the magnet "attached" to them was attached to the shoulders, had to glue them properly to the shoulder pads.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Anyone know if Sideshow traditionally runs a Memorial Day deal? Really thinking about pulling the trigger on the XLVI and a knock down on price would probably do the trick. :) Does Sideshow do coupons anymore?

And +1 on the Liefield post. First thing I thought of when I saw the two together...

--
mF

Anyone know if Sideshow traditionally runs a Memorial Day deal? Really thinking about pulling the trigger on the XLVI and a knock down on price would probably do the trick. :) Does Sideshow do coupons anymore?

And +1 on the Liefield post. First thing I thought of when I saw the two together...

--
mF

There will not be a deal on this unless they still have some in stock towards the end of the year.

Hey for those of you having QC issues, I need your advice.

I'm in need of gluing a part that fell off, but don't wanna use the wrong kind.

What glue do you guys use? I was thinking of superglue, but is that overkill? Is there a certain kind that's safe to use on our Hot Toys?

I was hesitant in getting this as it in my opinion did not look so good in photos but as i have every main featured armour i bit the bullet and im so glad i did, In hand this figure is great (despite the shoulder problem) tried all the lights which work fine and look fantastic in low light

Hey for those of you having QC issues, I need your advice.

I'm in need of gluing a part that fell off, but don't wanna use the wrong kind.

What glue do you guys use? I was thinking of superglue, but is that overkill? Is there a certain kind that's safe to use on our Hot Toys?

I used a tiny drop of superglue

Really excited for SS to start shipping this. This has been my favorite armor, with 45 being a very close second. It was difficult deciding between the two.

It is truly a badass Iron Man suit. Can't wait to get it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 45 looked more anatomical and... I guess "Brutal" is a good way to do it.

One thing that didn't jive with me about AOU is why Tony didn't collect some of the vibranium to make a suit. But, you know... fiction.

Back