1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How well does this figure parted out sell on the market? Thinking about keeping the switch-out-mouthplates-headsculpt and shield and selling everything else, as a set if possible.
The faceplate sculpt, shield, and suit seem to sell the best. I've tried selling some of the accessories to no avail. With the suit you could probably find a buyer.

I GOT IT!!!!
My wife and kids are great. They know things I'm into, they take part and take big interests in that I enjoy because family is hugely important to me, before my wife got sick, she would do the costuming for charity thing with my sons and I and now, even though things are rough for our family the last few years, especially around Christmastime with all the medical bills, my middle son overheard my wife and I talking back when this figure started shipping around June on how I had to choose only 1 sixth scale figure for this entire year: Deadpool or this. Obviously I chose Deadpool, but I was really disappointed about having to skip THIS after having AOU Cap on Pre-Order and having to cancel it just before shipping TOO. So I open my Christmas gift from him after he got home from work last night and IT WAS THIS FIGURE! He had ordered it and hidden it in his room since JUNE! :gah:

I'm going to be doing a video review and TRYING to get it done and posted before classes start up at the University in January, but I have to say, I'm thrilled this is my first and only Cap figure. I'm going for what I consider the most iconic representation of each character, so they're all from a few different movie releases, and this one fits in really great with the rest. Doesn't look out of place at all. Going over it, posing it, checking out the articulation and the one thing that did happen is, during posing the right arm back like about to haul off and punch someone, the shield harness he wears, the brown one, apparently it's buttoned to the front of the blue suit near the shoulders and one button came undone and I can't get it rebuttoned up right. It's not a huge deal, and you don't notice it unless it's pointed out or you go over it inch by inch like collectors like us do when we get a new figure, just thought I would bring it up just in case so it's something to keep an eye open for. I'll go over it in my video for sure. To put the shield in his hand, I just put the proper hand on, pop off one side of each of the shield straps, feed one through the hand, put one over the wrist/forearm and pop them back into their little clips. No fuss, no muss! The toughest part was getting the hold-shield hand on due to the sleeve. It kept popping back off, not going on right, so it took me a minute to get it on again before I put the shield on after.
I'll link the review in this thread as soon as it goes up.

But yeah, man, this figure is awesome. I'm so thrilled to have it! Was NOT expecting it and it really did bring a bit of shine, oddly enough. With my wife's health issues a constant stressor on my shoulders, and yet another year goes by of my Dad's death at the start of this month, a random act of thoughtfulness and kindness like this $200 hunk of plastic sure manages to go a long way.........

Merry Christmas, everyone.

J

Great story and great son you got there. Very kind of him. Medical bills suck my wife has been racking up bills to. Only way I've stayed in the hobby is by selling a lot of my collection (marvel legends, transformers, and comics). I know from experience how stressful a sick family member can be. I hope things get better for you.

Hi everyone, I got my girlfriend this figure, and today was trying to give the figure a cool pose, and somehow the right elbow pad came off, I made 3 pictures, 1 of the elbow with the hole in the fabric, and 2 of the pad, on the backside of the pad is a plastic bit, that bit should hold the pad on the fabric, anyone know of a easy method to repair this? We already tried to fix it but to no avail :(
259LIpds.jpg 1NcatKOs.jpg cT8XXJls.jpg

Hi everyone, I got my girlfriend this figure, and today was trying to give the figure a cool pose, and somehow the right elbow pad came off, I made 3 pictures, 1 of the elbow with the hole in the fabric, and 2 of the pad, on the backside of the pad is a plastic bit, that bit should hold the pad on the fabric, anyone know of a easy method to repair this? We already tried to fix it but to no avail :(
View attachment 312659 View attachment 312660 View attachment 312661

Try Loctite Gel Super Glue. I have used it on numerous things and it always works.

this guy shipped today and he should be here around Wednesday or so, my first captain america and second hot toys figure, i'm very excited! i didn't get an email from sideshow saying it shipped but that's the status on the website and i have a tracking number, not complaining, just suprised.

this guy shipped today and he should be here around Wednesday or so, my first captain america and second hot toys figure, i'm very excited! i didn't get an email from sideshow saying it shipped but that's the status on the website and i have a tracking number, not complaining, just suprised.
You're going to love it.
It's an excellent figure

A question for those who have this posed with the shield raised roughly shoulder height where it looks like he's winding up with the gritted teeth faceplate: Do you plan on leaving yours in that pose permanently? Have you had yours posed like this since you received the figure? Any issues or foreseeable issues?

I ask because I've generally never really been a dynamic poser. I usually do museum to semi dynamic poses, but I feel this pose really captures the essence of CW; especially if paired with Bucky in a fighting pose as well. I put mine in this pose and I would like to keep it that way, but I'm concerned about the possibility of the shoulder and elbow joint wearing down over time. The shield, although die cast, does seem relatively light so I don't think it's putting too much stress (if at all) on the joints.

A question for those who have this posed with the shield raised roughly shoulder height where it looks like he's winding up with the gritted teeth faceplate: Do you plan on leaving yours in that pose permanently? Have you had yours posed like this since you received the figure? Any issues or foreseeable issues?

I ask because I've generally never really been a dynamic poser. I usually do museum to semi dynamic poses, but I feel this pose really captures the essence of CW; especially if paired with Bucky in a fighting pose as well. I put mine in this pose and I would like to keep it that way, but I'm concerned about the possibility of the shoulder and elbow joint wearing down over time. The shield, although die cast, does seem relatively light so I don't think it's putting too much stress (if at all) on the joints.

I've done that on another Cap figure for the longest time. It's held with no issues.

He's finally at low stock.

I've done that on another Cap figure for the longest time. It's held with no issues.

He's finally at low stock.

Good to know. I'll be keeping him in that pose then. Really fits this figure in particular and conveys the essence of CW perfectly.

I'll post a pic of my battling Cap soon, he's in a similar pose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Sweet.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here's my attempt at it. I tried to base it on the two above images, the fleeting moment when he was in motion before having the shield up at total full swing:

image.jpg

And my first Hot Toys purchase of the year goes to... Civil War Captain America! I think I've waited long enough. Excited to finally get this guy.

Back