1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet.

View attachment 313646
View attachment 313647

Here's my attempt at it. I tried to base it on the two above images, the fleeting moment when he was in motion before having the shield up at total full swing:

View attachment 313649

Was waiting for Brainiac's photography kit to come in to take better pics, but since you requested it:
Someone's gonna steal the pose and claim it as theirs... :lol :slap :thud

I didn't realize you meant that screenshot, but I've had older Cap figures posed that way for months to a year without any issues. You're fine. If it were me, I'd add a bit of a horse stance or a 40/60 for the legs and raise the free arm up a bit (maybe even the shield arm/hand as well) to make it more dynamic. I'm gonna switch my head to the angry head, still not sure whether to sell the rest of the MMS350 sans that head or not, not sure I have enough space for all these Caps. Or I can pick up that head parted out and maybe the clean shield, and then sell the MMS350 as a whole, don't know if I'll be able to get back what I paid for it minus all those fees. Don't really know how to sell...

Great pose!

Yeah, I've been kind of working at this pose for awhile, making little tweaks here and there, trying to get it as close as to what he actually does at the end of that trailer as possible.

5tOG98

Most of the poses I've seen people do for it, I personally think are embellished a bit more than what he actually does. Right before he winds up, his legs are pretty close together which leads me to believe that his legs aren't really THAT far spread apart when he actually does wind up and punch down (unable to see the stance of his legs during this). I'm sure he stepped forward, but based on where his legs are positioned right before he winds up, I don't think he would have been able to take that far of a step forward where his legs are really spaced out. Also, he doesn't appear to bring that shield that high, in my opinion. He's almost keeping it relatively close to his chest and and just pulling/rearing his arm backward (as if throwing a punch, not full on raising the arm up high), and then punching downward with the side of his shield.

The particular frame I was trying to base mine on was this one:

attachment.php

The moment where he's in motion bringing the shield up to punch down, not quite at full height yet for what he brings it. I still wanted the shield to be somewhat vertical with the edge facing forward to make it look like he's going to punch it down forward, rather than horizontal to where it looks like he's going to swing it.

If you guys were gonna have just this 1 cap in your collection would you have this clean version or the dirty version?

Having both the battling promo and regular version, I love the clean shield, but the battling body and headsculpt looks a lot better. I like the rubble base despite the space issues with larger bases. A lot of people like the gritted teeth faceplate, but I prefer the full neck sculpt of the battling version.

To be honest though if I hadn't put the two next to each other probably would have been fine with the regular.

I'm sure all of that helps you... :lol

Having both the battling promo and regular version, I love the clean shield, but the battling body and headsculpt looks a lot better. I like the rubble base despite the space issues with larger bases. A lot of people like the gritted teeth faceplate, but I prefer the full neck sculpt of the battling version.

To be honest though if I hadn't put the two next to each other probably would have been fine with the regular.

I'm sure all of that helps you... :lol

This is part of the reason why I use the gritted teeth faceplate with the regular one.

I personally feel like if I don't use it, I'm not using the sculpt for its intended purpose. Might as well just use either the BV sculpt or an extra AoU sculpt in that case, as I feel those neutral faced sculpts with the full neck look better than the regular version sculpt with the neutral faceplate.

Ordered this guy last week, guess who just got the Ultron Mark 1 today. I'm so salty lmao I don't want to wait a week to get him in. Has this happened to anyone here before, any advice? I just emailed Sideshow. What bothers me is that it even says Captain America on one of the packaging stickers

That sucks. Maybe you should hit them up on their chat tomorrow instead? Get faster results that way. https://help.sideshowtoy.com/hc/en-us the chat link is at the bottom.

Though I think they're gonna make you pay to ship it back though. I've read a lot of stories of them telling people they need to pay for shipping if they wanted Sideshow's mistake fixed.

That sucks. Maybe you should hit them up on their chat tomorrow instead? Get faster results that way. https://help.sideshowtoy.com/hc/en-us the chat link is at the bottom.

Though I think they're gonna make you pay to ship it back though. I've read a lot of stories of them telling people they need to pay for shipping if they wanted Sideshow's mistake fixed.
Can't he file that against someone as poor business practice? BBB is probably the wrong place, but something in effect to that?

They're not going to make you pay for shipping bro . They sent you the wrong item for god sakes . They're responsible . Just call them asap !

Thanks for all your help guys! This was kinda stressing me out but I feel better now. I'm hoping I don't have to pay shipping that would suck a lot, I'll try that chat thing tomorrow when they open back up.

Just finished chatting with Sideshow, I'll apparently be getting an email from their returns department in 3-5 business days. This whole experience has been very anticlimactic.

Holy ... :horror that's both amazing and disturbing :panic: someone help Cap!!

Thanks :D Oh he has no help, this series is the Avengers lost, alone and injured, sometimes mortally injured..... Also sorry if that's disturbing should I put a warning on that? :(

And "Also Black Panther since I have no self-control" <<< :rotfl

Thanks :D Oh he has no help, this series is the Avengers lost, alone and injured, sometimes mortally injured..... Also sorry if that's disturbing should I put a warning on that? :(

And "Also Black Panther since I have no self-control" <<< :rotfl
What?!! NOOO!! That's an awesome shot! :lol Didn't mean disturbing in that way! More in the way of "Oh nooooes Stevie is hurt!! :panic: Someone help!! Screw that, where's my suit, I'm going myself!"

And yeah ... :rotfl I seriously have no self-control ... I got so little self-control, that I've preordered so many figures that I can't put all of them in my sig ... that's how little ... oh well, please excuse me, I gotta find myself a Stealth Strike Suit Cap ...

I was pretty bummed to see this on waitlist at Sideshow earlier in the week since I had $60 in rewards I wanted to use but saw that it was back to low stock today and ordered it right away! I was debating between this and the AOU version as my first Hot Toys Captain America, but being able to use the rewards convinced me to get this one. Can't wait! :yess:

What?!! NOOO!! That's an awesome shot! :lol Didn't mean disturbing in that way! More in the way of "Oh nooooes Stevie is hurt!! :panic: Someone help!! Screw that, where's my suit, I'm going myself!"

And yeah ... :rotfl I seriously have no self-control ... I got so little self-control, that I've preordered so many figures that I can't put all of them in my sig ... that's how little ... oh well, please excuse me, I gotta find myself a Stealth Strike Suit Cap ...

Oh :lol Thank you again, and I followed you back :hi5: Haha oh yeah it's shocking to see an Avenger like that, unfortunately I have a few more plans for poor Steve :monkey3 and Wanda, Thor, Tony, Clint :monkey3

:rotfl You better avoid the other threads then :lol I mean it's not a bad thing really, you are gonna have a pretty amazing collection soooo silver lining? :lol
Oh I like that suit....maybe I should.....DAMMIT!!!!!!!

Alternate ending to CW perhaps? :duff
Yes exactly :duff I had originally written a short bit about how Wanda never stopped Rumlow's bomb going off but it didn't kill him or Steve, just injured them, and then some very intense hand to hand action, lots of gorey, gritty, shocking details, long story short this depicts Steve walking away from a victory, but at a severe cost :D
I was pretty bummed to see this on waitlist at Sideshow earlier in the week since I had $60 in rewards I wanted to use but saw that it was back to low stock today and ordered it right away! I was debating between this and the AOU version as my first Hot Toys Captain America, but being able to use the rewards convinced me to get this one. Can't wait! :yess:
Congrats :hi5: You got lucky with the lights :lol This Cap is much better than the AOU version IMO :lecture you will NOT be disappointed

Back