1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no, I can completely relate if you were serious. Haha. :duff

I'm probably going to pick-up WS and also Falcon at some point. Those are the only two that I want from team Cap (outside of Cap) being that those are his two best friends. Even though I already have both TWS versions of WS and Falcon and don't want to sell either. Hmm...perhaps that's why I seem to be running out of space. :lol

Besides WS and Falcon, you may also want to add a little ol' Spidey to that list. :wink1:

I will say, I am pleasantly surprised with the new Bucky...from the earlier pictures of the movie, I thought his outfit
was too bland, specially in comparison to the Winter soldier outfit.
But now that I see the outfit presented well in the newer pics and in the Hot Toys pictures, I do like the new outfit.
fortunately for me though, I do love the Winter soldier outfit better, plus, its also a better buy cause its almost like a dx figure with the extra head
and more accessories.
Had I not bought the WS, I would have PO Civil War Bucky.

Besides WS and Falcon, you may also want to add a little ol' Spidey to that list. :wink1:

I will say, I am pleasantly surprised with the new Bucky...from the earlier pictures of the movie, I thought his outfit
was too bland, specially in comparison to the Winter soldier outfit.
But now that I see the outfit presented well in the newer pics and in the Hot Toys pictures, I do like the new outfit.
fortunately for me though, I do love the Winter soldier outfit better, plus, its also a better buy cause its almost like a dx figure with the extra head
and more accessories.
Had I not bought the WS, I would have PO Civil War Bucky.

Ah, I may get a Spidey. I'm not sure if I'm a big enough Spidey fan to do so though. If I do, it'll be my first Spidey figure for the aforementioned reason.

When I first saw WS's outfit for CW, I slightly preferred his TWS outfit more. But the more I see the CW outfit (partly thanks to the figure), the more I like it. I think I like the vest better on the CW outfit actually. Like you said though, TWS WS was almost like a DX package being that you got the two sculpts and a myriad of accessories and therefore, is the better buy/deal.

In a way, this CW Cap is similar. It's the same retail price as AoU Cap but comes with more, and I thought AoU Cap came with a pretty decent amount of accessories. This CW Cap has two separate sculpts with interchangeable mouth plates on one of the sculpts, which to me is sort of a DX-like feature. You also get the extra broken Crossbones helmet.

Well, duh. :rolleyes2 :lol

Yeah... I'm getting Spidey who am i kidding :rotfl

Lol...yup, I think there's a high probability I'll PO Spidey. :lol

Ah, I may get a Spidey. I'm not sure if I'm a big enough Spidey fan to do so though. If I do, it'll be my first Spidey figure for the aforementioned reason.

When I first saw WS's outfit for CW, I slightly preferred his TWS outfit more. But the more I see the CW outfit (partly thanks to the figure), the more I like it. I think I like the vest better on the CW outfit actually. Like you said though, TWS WS was almost like a DX package being that you got the two sculpts and a myriad of accessories and therefore, is the better buy/deal.

In a way, this CW Cap is similar. It's the same retail price as AoU Cap but comes with more, and I thought AoU Cap came with a pretty decent amount of accessories. This CW Cap has two separate sculpts with interchangeable mouth plates on one of the sculpts, which to me is sort of a DX-like feature. You also get the extra broken Crossbones helmet.

Yes, the HT pics are what does convince me also that the civil war suit is actually a well designed costume.
But for me personally, I do love the very intricate design of his jacket in WS.
I guess I'm also partial since I did go as the WS that year for Halloween. :)

I guess the shield in this movie actually doesn't have the bevels inside the star. Think HT will fix that at all?

145c643c10a1f85e288124b7150ce2ee.jpg

6f8fba68a801b354a7f3cfe8c419a95a.jpg

9a1ce2db5b1bf533c3b6d2c480abd9d8.jpg

This one looks really good. Been wanting to upgrade to a better Cap figure and replace my original Avengers Cap figure for a while now.

They got rid of that detail in the movie? Yeeeeeessssssss!!! Few more Cap movies and I may get my perfect film suit

I guess the shield in this movie actually doesn't have the bevels inside the star. Think HT will fix that at all?

145c643c10a1f85e288124b7150ce2ee.jpg

6f8fba68a801b354a7f3cfe8c419a95a.jpg

9a1ce2db5b1bf533c3b6d2c480abd9d8.jpg

Doubtful.

Every HT Cap shield star thus far has had the exact same beveled pattern. I don't believe this is the first film where the star on Cap's shield hasn't been beveled, or at the very least wasn't as discernible as what HT makes it out to be.

Doubtful.

Every HT Cap shield star thus far has had the exact same beveled pattern. I don't believe this is the first film where the star on Cap's shield hasn't been beveled, or at the very least wasn't as discernible as what HT makes it out to be.

After looking through scenes in every Cap featured movie, they all have the beveled star.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After looking through scenes in every Cap featured movie, they all have the beveled star.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well for instance, the strike shield with the SS figure has the same standard beveled star that they use on all of the Cap shields, but in the film it doesn't appear to be beveled at all.

lead_large.jpg

The shield with his GA suit doesn't appear to be beveled either. If it is, it's very subtle and nowhere near as prominent as what HT does on the Cap figure shields.

wintersoldier.jpg

His AoU shield appears to have VERY subtle beveling.

image.jpeg

Being that these shields appear to possess little to no beveling yet the shields on the figures all have the same prominent beveled design, I don't see that trend suddenly stopping now. I wish it would because it would obviously be more accurate, but the shield for this figure will probably have the same beveling that every single one of the previous shields have had.

Either that or maybe the stunt shields have different details than the hero shields since you don't exactly need huge details on the stunt shields but the beveled star on this Cap is nowhere near being a deal breaker. Just a tiny nit pick. :)

I decided to order from BBTS. Not a bad price at all and I know I feel I don't need this one but just in case.

The star etchings have definitely gotten lighter after Cap TFA, to the point where they're practically invisible. I think the reasons HT hasn't changed it is because Marvel still supplies them with artwork showing the beveled star, and the hero version of the shield is meant to retain the lines. HT probably figures it's not worth re-tooling just for that.

Was bummed when I missed out on AoU cap. Was harder to get here in Europe so was sold out earlier than in the US, at least for a reasonable price. So not going to make the same mistake twice and have already pre-ordered him :yess: I am quickly running out of shelf real-estate on my Detolf, soI think I'll hvae to start rotating figures soon as I don't want more than 3 figs on each shelf at the maximum. Think Strike suit Cap and maybe civvy Steve will be the first to go back in the box. But they can stay out a while yet until CW:Cap arrives.

I'm starting to feel like this should be a chapter in Toy Story. Poor Strike Suit Cap abandoned for a newer, shinier version. *Sniff*

Yeah, I don't have a Cap figure and I narrowly missed out on AOU Cap which was a HUGE mistake, and this figure for the price is REALLY worth it for what we get with it. This is definitely the most iconic Captain America 6th scale Hot Toys figure for me to go with the rest of my collection. I'm super excited about this figure. Just have to move things around, hope there are a goodly amount of points to bring this sucker down so I can get it!

J

The AoU Cap is one of the figures that I feel looks better in person than the promotional photos show. The tone of the suit is closer to the CW version in terms of color. When I look at pictures of them side by side when promo pics are used, the CW looks much better, but the AoU Cap doesn't look like that in actuality.

I actually dig the red in the chest on AoU, and prefer the white on the arms, but the knee pads...

I was fortunate to snag one from Gohastings a couple weeks ago for MSRP, but I was ready to pounce on this version and would have been just as happy.

Back