1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AoU Cap is still great. A keeper, because it's just different enough.

But this Cap may be *the* one, if someone were to only own one.

I betcha that cracked Crossbones helmet will fit nicely into Cap's shield. . . . Crossbones Mask.jpg

The AoU Cap is one of the figures that I feel looks better in person than the promotional photos show. The tone of the suit is closer to the CW version in terms of color. When I look at pictures of them side by side when promo pics are used, the CW looks much better, but the AoU Cap doesn't look like that in actuality.

I actually dig the red in the chest on AoU, and prefer the white on the arms, but the knee pads...

I was fortunate to snag one from Gohastings a couple weeks ago for MSRP, but I was ready to pounce on this version and would have been just as happy.

Yeah, the colors on AoU Cap in hand aren't quite as bright as what the promo photos make them out to be, which I think is good because the promo photos show the colors to be a bit brighter than they actually were in the film. They're still slightly brighter than the CW suit I think, but not by much.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna stick with my Age of Ultron Captain America. However, since this Civil War suit is awesome, I'll wait out a 1:4 Scale statue. I've decided I'll do 1:4 Scale Statues for Cap's Solo movies and 1:6 Hot Toys for the Avengers movies. Hot Toys for Avengers because of the possibility of buying all the other Avengers and ability to pose Cap with his buddies. Plus, I couldn't possibly fit 1:4 Scale Stats of the whole team.

TBH I want a Hot Toys 1/4th scale of this CW suit. That would be sick! But for now, I'm sticking with this 1/6th and hoping for it.

1/4.. I am scared I'd sell off all my 1/6 if I ever came within 10 feet of one; display space be damned. I guess I'll find out when the HT 1/4 stormy hits.

I have an Iron Studios 1/4 AoU Cap statue and it's great, but I'd sell it in a heartbeat if HT made a 1/4 figure.

I seem to be in the minority, but I have no interest in 1/4 collecting as space would be too limited being that they're larger.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna stick with my Age of Ultron Captain America. However, since this Civil War suit is awesome, I'll wait out a 1:4 Scale statue. I've decided I'll do 1:4 Scale Statues for Cap's Solo movies and 1:6 Hot Toys for the Avengers movies. Hot Toys for Avengers because of the possibility of buying all the other Avengers and ability to pose Cap with his buddies. Plus, I couldn't possibly fit 1:4 Scale Stats of the whole team.

I'm doing the same. Sticking with my AOU Cap and if they make a 1:4 scale for CW I'll buy that. I have a couple extra spaces in my Bestas. :)

I sold my AOU cap on today. The body proportions were what ended up winning me over. Cap is up there with my favourite characters, but I've always thought hot toys could never get the body proportions right.

Agreed which is why I never bought one single cap figure.

So I was right they actually fixed the body, well its about ****ing time. Hopefully u can put the WS cap suit on this body and finally get the WS cap we were suppose to get, instead of that skinny weakling they released.

So far this civil war version is an improvement on that. Then again, I was a bit sad to see it go. Being the proper red, white and blue costume after all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A huge improvement IMO. While the AOU cap looks good as it has a bigger chest and is big overall, it lacks the natural shape of the muscles because it is only the padding in the suit that made it bigger and not the body.

Back