1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heat it with a blowdryer to soften it a little then use pliers to pull it out

Hey guys! Just got myself a cw cap and one of his legs is loose. Do you guys know it they're on ball joints? Can the whole leg be popped off from the hip? Its an easy fix if i can pop the leg off.

Hi guys, one of the small metal pieces on the torso of my cw cap is missing. Can pieces like this be replaced or am I out of luck? IMG_1217.jpg

Unfortunately, you may be out of luck. I doubt that Sideshow has any replacement pieces left. You may
be able to find a replacement suit on Ebay. Good luck.

I just received this new Cap after having the old battling version for a while and I was wondering which you thought looks better? I don't think I have enough room to own both and I don't know if I should mix the parts. (if you can imagine the new one without the plastics and with the shield)

DSC04002.jpg
DSC04056.jpg

They're both great figures. My ultimate CW Cap would consist of the battling versions suit, the clean shield, and the diorama base. It'd be a toss-up between sticking with the battling version sculpt or going with the interchangeable face plates of the regular - I'm a big fan of having the head and neck sculpted as one piece but the prospect of having the angry mouth would be tough to pass up.

They're both great figures. My ultimate CW Cap would consist of the battling versions suit, the clean shield, and the diorama base. It'd be a toss-up between sticking with the battling version sculpt or going with the interchangeable face plates of the regular - I'm a big fan of having the head and neck sculpted as one piece but the prospect of having the angry mouth would be tough to pass up.

Do you think I can sell the Cap figure without the mouth plates head and clean shield?

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Do you think I can sell the Cap figure without the mouth plates head and clean shield?

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Sure. There's always someone out there who'll buy anything for the right price. Question becomes how low of an offer are you willing to accept :lol

Hopefully you get other input. I own the battling version and am more than content with that. I've followed both threads from the beginning so I know that there are numerous collectors that believe the regular version is ultimately the better buy. Just depends on who you ask and what their personal taste is.

It doesn't matter what accessories are missing if you sell a figure for parts. That's how I've gotten rid of almost every figure I've sold.

I'd most likely want to keep the shield and angry head, which are probably the most sought after parts. I want to sell the rest w/ the box and shipper so I don't have to deal with the space being taken up by an unused figure, but I don't know how much I would be able to get for that missing those 2 parts, or having the battling head as a replacement.

I'd most likely want to keep the shield and angry head, which are probably the most sought after parts. I want to sell the rest w/ the box and shipper so I don't have to deal with the space being taken up by an unused figure, but I don't know how much I would be able to get for that missing those 2 parts, or having the battling head as a replacement.

Hmm, well, time to time I pick up spare bodies etc. I run into IMO a lot of "overpricing". Because the seller wants to make their money back and/or is just flipping parts. Meanwhile me, the buyer, is thinkin' yeah, this is marked up and I can wait...anyway, for me, from what you describe I'd like to see 60-40% minimum off original price, because to get the piece back to "original state" (if I want) it's gonna cost as much (or more) as buying the fig new, in the end. Plus the piece is "used", not rare, and not like buying Loki or original WS in pristine condition. Also if I wait long enough someone will be unloading the entire figure *cheap*.

Also if I want it to kitbash then am looking for a good deal. Decent free/low shipping (e.g. not lowest rate) helps too - some of the ship costs I see are ripoffs = no sale.

Or, Monkey Depot was selling a totally stripped Hans Solo body (no clothes, head, or feet or hands) for $35. Hope that gives you some price ideas. IMO bein' someone who has bought this kind of thing if you know you're gonna lose money from purchase price you can unload it. IMO don't be greedy:cool: LOL 'coz there's always someone else selling stuff and lots of "serviceable" KOs too.

Imo, you should sell the pieces separately, you will get the most money out of it. Last year I parted this same figure and kept the head for the AOU Cap and made most, if not all, my money back.

I just received this new Cap after having the old battling version for a while and I was wondering which you thought looks better? I don't think I have enough room to own both and I don't know if I should mix the parts. (if you can imagine the new one without the plastics and with the shield)

View attachment 359507
View attachment 359508

This is the mms360 not mms350, right ?

Im in the market for one but not sure which one will be more valuable

View attachment 359507
View attachment 359508

Depends what you're going for.

Personally, I think the body and suit of the BV is probably the more accurate one. His suit throughout the entire filmed had a slightly dirty look to it and never looked quite as clean as say the AoU suit. However, what shield and sculpt you use is up to you.

Based on how I have mine displayed, my ideal CW Cap would be the BV figure with the BD shield with the sculpt that has the interchangeable face plates, displayed on just a regular generic oval base. Not sure if the regular sculpt is compatible with the BV though. I got the regular clean (MMS350) version because I wanted that sculpt and because I generally don't like BD figures. However, after seeing the film and based on the scene I have mine displayed in (the final fight scene with him, Bucky and Mk 46), in retrospect, I wish I had picked up the BV figure instead and then just picked up the interchangeable sculpt parted out.

I used my spare head sculpt that came with Captain America to make another fig in his WW2 uniform! I thought it turned out great! The uniform is from PopToys X19A and I paired it with the ganghood body kit. (I had to remove the rubber part on the neck area on the body kit to be able to insert the head sculpt; the ganghood body kit is a little big for the uniform though so it fits a little tight... just a heads up for another that wants to follow my build!)

35949241464_8064f27644_b.jpg
36736571016_518738f9bc_b.jpg
35949242004_7f8ff26f88_b.jpg
36736570186_a3e3eeab98_b.jpg
35949243514_0edbe49d6e_b.jpg

Back