1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, so how hard was it to switch out? (I tend not to want to dress and re-dress figures for fear of damaging something). I agree the knee pads are a problem on the AOU version, particularly when the knee's are bent, the pads shift to the side of the knee. How are the knee pads of the CW pants when the knees are bent?

Also the color seems to match pretty well in the picture, how well does it match in hand?
Pretty simple to switch out. You have to remove the belt which is attached with snap connectors. The belt feels a little fragile but it was easy to remove. Then just switch the pants and reattach the belt. Knee pads seem to stay in place ok when knees are bent. As far as the color, the blue is a match to my eye. However, the red on each side of the pants that is just slightly darker than the AOU. You have study the parts to really notice the difference because there is so little red on the pants. Overall I am very happy with the switch.

Yeah, this ^

The blue color is the same, and the snaps that the belt attaches to are in exactly the same spot so its an easy switch. All you have to do are pop the boots off, unsnap the belt and remove it, and take off the pants. The fly area is velcro so its pretty easy to loosen them enough. Then reverse it and you're all done. Fortunately there is no glue or anything permanent in the way. I watched a lot of auctions on ebay and got the pants for about $15.

Replicating one of Alex Brooks images...That dude is amazing.

IMG_1297a.jpg

Yeah, this ^

The blue color is the same, and the snaps that the belt attaches to are in exactly the same spot so its an easy switch. All you have to do are pop the boots off, unsnap the belt and remove it, and take off the pants. The fly area is velcro so its pretty easy to loosen them enough. Then reverse it and you're all done. Fortunately there is no glue or anything permanent in the way. I watched a lot of auctions on ebay and got the pants for about $15.

Might be on the verge of going overboard, but I wonder what the AOU top, the CW pants, and the 1st Avengers boots and gloves would like? I mean, as long as people are switching out parts!

Just a quick pic of my Cap and Falcon set up.

Attachments

• IMG_1604.jpg
    IMG_1604.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 364
Had some fun reposing these two over the weekend, just need Mk 46 to complete the scene; hopefully SSC receives it next month.

image.jpg

Cool picture and poses! Gonna look great with the 46 as well. Due to budget I couldn't spring for these, but hopefully I can for the Infinity War versions.

Back