1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cap arrived on Wednesday and yesterday I decided to get Widow to go with (or against) him. I expected to like Cap more but I actually prefer Widow. It's probably just due to my expectations being so high, but I'm slightly disappointed with Cap. The articulation in the arms isn't as fluid as I would have liked, and any time I move any part of the arm it feels like I'm gonna rip or break something. The biggest disappointment is definitely the shield though, at least how it attaches to the back. The shield itself is beautiful, but the clip for putting it on the back is horrendous and feels like it would break if you left the shield on the back too long. There are a few more little things that kinda bother me but I still do like it a lot overall. Here's how I have him and Widow right now:
ecbf5cdf45ab3afb5f5cf59aaf41695b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I'm not having any issues with the way the shield works. Seems very straightforward to me. Maybe it's cuz this is my first Cap figure and I don't know how good it can really be, though.

The only issue is getting those hands on the peg.

Honestly, I'm not having any issues with the way the shield works. Seems very straightforward to me. Maybe it's cuz this is my first Cap figure and I don't know how good it can really be, though.

The only issue is getting those hands on the peg.

I agree, the hands aren't as easy to put on as my other HT figures - a minor quibble, for me. I would have also have liked how the shield attaches and sits on his back like on the AOU version, but when attached to his hand/forearm, I prefer the CW version.

Cancelled the replacement order Sideshow set aside for me and ordered him from BBTS yesterday cause I didn't want to wait 2 weeks to get him. Has anyone had any bad experiences with FedEx Ground? That's what they're using to ship him and I haven't heard good things about it

I can get the shield onto his arm nicely but when I try and attach the hand back to the arm, the damn peg just won't cooperate and everything falls off. XD It's good now but I'm afraid to touch him ... :dunno

I can get the shield onto his arm nicely but when I try and attach the hand back to the arm, the damn peg just won't cooperate and everything falls off. XD It's good now but I'm afraid to touch him ... :dunno

Remove the peg from the wrist and attach it to the hand, then put both the hand and peg back onto the arm, much easier :)

Remove the peg from the wrist and attach it to the hand, then put both the hand and peg back onto the arm, much easier :)
Yeah, I read that but it's too hard to get it out and when I tried it before with another figure, the peg broke ... so I really don't want this to happen again. -___-

Yeah, I read that but it's too hard to get it out and when I tried it before with another figure, the peg broke ... so I really don't want this to happen again. -___-

Hmm ok, I understand that, it can be difficult on some figures

You could try using a needle nose pliers to remove the peg, or dip the wrist into hot water to soften the plastic, then it will come out easy :)

Also there are spare pegs in the box if you break one :D

Hmm ok, I understand that, it can be difficult on some figures

You could try using a needle nose pliers to remove the peg, or dip the wrist into hot water to soften the plastic, then it will come out easy :)

Also there are spare pegs in the box if you break one :D
Haha yeah but only TWO!! XD With my luck I'll break those faster then you can imagine. :lol I'm fine, I'll just leave it. ^^'' He's doing great so far not losing his hand. :lol

I just squeezed the end of the hand over the wrist peg and pulled it out that way.

Honestly, I tried right now, not with the hand holding the shield coz oooh I'm not messing with that one, aaand the only way it really worked was when I used my hair dryer to make everything a bit more flexible. ^^ So yeah, should keep that thing close from now on.

IMG_1718.jpgIMG_1718.jpgIMG_1722.jpgIMG_1727.jpg
Cap arrived! It was nice getting him after the whole Sideshow mess. It's also nice since Cap is one of my favorite characters and also what introduced me to Hot Toys. The shield is definitely hard to put on and it doesn't help how difficult it is to replace the hands, the limited articulation in some areas is also a little annoying. Besides that it's a great figure! :) (sorry for the sideways pics, i'm on my phone lmao)

Back