1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this version better the the AoU one? I ideally want the battling version but it's sold everywhere, for me it looks better than my AoU one, regardless of lack of magnets.

We were talking about this modded Captain America in a different Cap thread.

The guy said he only adjusted the padding within the figure to make it look more accurate to Chris Evan's physique in the film. It makes you wonder why Hot Toys doesn't bother doing this themselves. It's been on my mind every time I've looked at my CW Cap today!

Damn, that's crazy. It looks amazing but I thought that was the MoS body so I wasn't as interested. Now I need to know more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he removed the padding and added traps. I think i seen that explained on facebook. makes sense. I was going to remove the padding but liked him as is in his action pose.

Yeah, I'm guessing he took out the padding, added traps and pulled down the arms.
EDIT: Here he is with the padding moved to the traps and with the arms pulled down. Not a huge difference, but I think it looks a bit better.
985fdd3e4133993f676ad8f576f0be3f.jpg

Did some more work on Cap, took out the padding from the torso, pulled the suit tighter to slim the waist, and padded the traps more. Still not totally happy with the traps, but it's still an improvement overall.
cc6bb47b8a97f893222edee148d7d55c.jpg

Hmmm not too sure on the mods personally, at this scale the decline of his ribs to waist ratio is too steep, combined with the bulk of his arms and shoulders he looks too disproportionate, like a Liefield drawing come real.

I would love to see some process pics on how you added the padding to the traps area!
. I've tried a bunch of techniques. I couldn't quite get the padding to look as good as these pics above.

Sorry bud. I didn't take any pics of the process. I just added a few layers of foam to the shoulders. Here's the best I can do. 20170204_130852.jpg

I removed the foam from the waist and ab area. I might add a little foam back to the waist once I get some more time.

So many posts about the mod I forget what the original fig looks like now lol. Actually, my WL converted so Cap will be on his way eventually. I don't plan to mod anything for now.

Back