1/6 Hot Toys - MMS314D12 - Iron Man: Mark III (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man: Mark III (Stealth Mode Version)

This gonna be DIECAST or from the plastic one?

TBH I would have much rather seen a Battle Damage Mark III rather than this.

Congrats to those that want this one but it's a big pass for me--especially with the die cast and exclusive figure price add-ons.

TBH I would have much rather seen a Battle Damage Mark III rather than this.

Exactly. I like the MK III armor. this is a quick repaint. Still has the same issues the red and gold MK III dicast has. I will wait for a battle damaged one or a MK VI dicast armor.

I was actually expecting/slightly hoping for a BD Mark 3. Color me surprised they actually went back to release this old prototype.

It's to close the standard mk3 to release a BD. no added sales potential.

And yes this is diecast, it's based on the mk3 diecast, but it's not going to have much diecast in it, as the base model didn't.

It's to close the standard mk3 to release a BD. no added sales potential.

Disagree, as you know ~half the people buying these pay in full up front anyway, with the rest dropping money on PO deposits. A BD version teased now wouldn't affect the sales of this fig since it's set sail already. Plus, they've released versions of the same character before in the same time frame.

^ but by doing that it might piss off the people that already bought the figure including me as well :lol. At least give me the option or I wouldn't ever pre order a figure and wait months to buy it after its released in order to know there not going to come out with the same one but a tad different 3 weeks after they just shipped out the same one.

^ but by doing that it might piss off the people that already bought the figure including me as well :lol. At least give me the option or I wouldn't ever pre order a figure and wait months to buy it after its released in order to know there not going to come out with the same one but a tad different 3 weeks after they just shipped out the same one.

That's never stopped HT in the past. :lol

Is this a scam or is this a scam?
I say this because I am pissed off by the new DC Mark III, and now they are doing the new DC Mark III in this cool color! But I hate this Mark III!

I say this because I am pissed off by the new DC Mark III, and now they are doing the new DC Mark III in this cool color! But I hate this Mark III!
its simple....hot toys saw and read all of the comments about how sooo many people are hating the new diescast mark 3. They figured "what are we going to do with all these shelfwarming mark 3s?". Someone said "I got an idea!!!!!! Reapaint them a cool blue!!!". Im going to say this is an easy pass for me. No screen time, not a new mold, just because it says "hot toys" doesnt mean its an official marvel icon. Im a marvel collector. Give me what marvel actually creates....not hot toys and their paint schemes.

its simple....hot toys saw and read all of the comments about how sooo many people are hating the new diescast mark 3. They figured "what are we going to do with all these shelfwarming mark 3s?". Someone said "I got an idea!!!!!! Reapaint them a cool blue!!!". Im going to say this is an easy pass for me. No screen time, not a new mold, just because it says "hot toys" doesnt mean its an official marvel icon. Im a marvel collector. Give me what marvel actually creates....not hot toys and their paint schemes.

Nah, I'm sure these began production awhile ago before the Mark III Diecast was released.

Disagree, as you know ~half the people buying these pay in full up front anyway, with the rest dropping money on PO deposits. A BD version teased now wouldn't affect the sales of this fig since it's set sail already. Plus, they've released versions of the same character before in the same time frame.

Even if half pay up front, which I really doubt to be that high a percentage...it doesn't change what I was saying. The thre main category's of iron man customers are...those that buy all(meaning the blue stealth and bd appeal equally, but the Bd has more complex paint time so less profit)....the person whom only wants that "one" suit...so if they see the mk3 as the one style they then choose between them and that has the potential to impact sales but no chance to increase them...and then the person that picks and chooses..with the mk3 vs mk3bd there's little chance for people to buy both..again, no chance to increase sales but substantial chance to effect them...then the other lot of people who may buy all the mk3 or upgrade from mk3 to BD...again slim chance to increase sales but a decent chance that the bd would eat into mk3 sales. People still buy for long periods after a figure releases...but if another figure that's exactly the same is even shown..not when it goes up for sale or releases it has a large chance to effect sales. When the mk45 effects the mk43 and/or vise versa of course a nearly identical version of the mk3 effects the sales of the same suit.

Do you know what a scam means?

Even if half pay up front, which I really doubt to be that high a percentage...it doesn't change what I was saying. The thre main category's of iron man customers are...those that buy all(meaning the blue stealth and bd appeal equally, but the Bd has more complex paint time so less profit)....the person whom only wants that "one" suit...so if they see the mk3 as the one style they then choose between them and that has the potential to impact sales but no chance to increase them...and then the person that picks and chooses..with the mk3 vs mk3bd there's little chance for people to buy both..again, no chance to increase sales but substantial chance to effect them...then the other lot of people who may buy all the mk3 or upgrade from mk3 to BD...again slim chance to increase sales but a decent chance that the bd would eat into mk3 sales. People still buy for long periods after a figure releases...but if another figure that's exactly the same is even shown..not when it goes up for sale or releases it has a large chance to effect sales. When the mk45 effects the mk43 and/or vise versa of course a nearly identical version of the mk3 effects the sales of the same suit.

Didn't try to change what you were saying, said I disagreed with it. :lol

Majority of customers are locked into their Mk 3 Dc already, either via full pay up front like they do in the West or via NRD's that you champion so much here in the East - HT has the money already. So, this variant being announced has little impact on what's already been paid for roughly a year ago imo. Plus, how many IM collectors are pick and choose? Majority seem scramble to get them all or are playing catch up to get them all.

Not yet, but I can imagine between $30-$60 more than the standard red version

Back